One.

My Heart Still Beats For You

 

 

His tears began to flow profusely down his cheeks and landed on the letter he was holding. Holding onto a chair beside him, he closed his eyes and kept the letter close to his heart. He regretted it. He regretted hurting his bestfriend in ways he could never thought of. In ways he was oblivious about. His bestfriend kept it all to herself and endured every passing hurt he gave to her indirectly.

How could she still be humorous about this when she's writing? How could she be the same Leena who was writing in that state or so he thought.

What a strong woman she is. A very strong-willed, hardheaded, kind hearted woman she is.

As he bid his final goodbye to her, he clenched the necklace he had given to her, in his hands. It was a token of their years of friendship which she held on dearly to ever since. Remembering that very day made him manage a small yet sorrowful smile.

Slowly, he gave her a final kiss on her forehead, a kiss that was special between the two and that was the last he ever saw of her. Whatever was left, was her memories.

 

Kim Leena, forever his bestfriend. Till death do they part.

 

“Jae….” He looked up to see his wife standing behind him with her eyes brimmed with tears. He pulled her into a hug and sobbed into her shoulders.

“We’re going to miss her so much Jae.. I know you will. Especially Naerin. We both know how attached she is to her. I can’t believe she left us..” He looked into his wife’s eyes and leaned their foreheads till they touched. Whispering words to soothe their already broken hearts. 

"Appa.. Why are you crying? Where's Leena Imo? I miss her Appa.." Looking down, was his 3 year old, Naerin. Heartbroken by his child innocence not knowing of what truly was happening, he knelt down till he's of the same eye level. Naerin innocently wiped off her father's tears and hugged him which made him break more than he already is. Whispering sweet nothings to soothe the worried child he eyed his bestfriend sorrowfully.

Their friendship didn’t come easy like others would. It wasn’t forged like others would. They met in the social networking world where strangers talk to each other, where dangerous people hid behind a mask luring innocent girls into their trap.

 

Flashback

“Ouh no no… I’m nervous like hell now..Relax Kim LeeNa he’s just a boy yes a guy whom you knew online.. So why this nervous?????” As she was talking to herself, she heard clearing of throat. She turned to see the most inhuman face ever. He was like an angel. Flawless from head to toe with those kissable red lips. She didn’t notice herself marveling his sight till he cleared his throat again.

“Huh.. Err.. I.. erm joseonghamida.” She fidgeted in embarrassment straightening those non existent creases on her skirt. He chuckled and bowed.

“Kim Jaejoong imnida.. Kim LeeNa I presume?” She nodded and did the same, still flushed red from her embarrassment earlier.

“I’m sorry. Did I startle you? I didn’t mean to disturb you mumbling to yourself.”

“Ahhh no no.. It’s..It’s my habit to talk to myself. People find it weird..”

“Ahhh that explains your username! It’s different. “ He laughed which made her laugh too. It was contagious she thought.

“I know right.. Who in the world would name their username ‘ImWeird’. Only weird people like me does so.” She found herself looking at him again. Marveling god’s creation of a human angel.

“Like what you see? Take a picture. It lasts longer.” He smugged. Instantly she turned away from him coughing to hide her embarrassment.

“Pfft what no Jaejoong-shi.”

“Let’s drop all these formalities shall we? How come when we’re online we are not THIS formal?” Well true.. Man this guy is fast isn’t he? She thought. Turning to face him and she smiled.

“You have a beautiful smile do you know that LeeNa?”

“Yah.. I hate cheesy lines.. Didn’t I tell you before! ” She waved his compliment off, chuckling.

“There we go! We’ve dropped the formalities that’s a good start.” He looked like he was pondering on something making her curious so she nudged him.

“What are you thinking about Jae?” He smiled. She swore under her breath that it was the most charming smile She had ever seen from a guy.

“I was wondering.. How come you were so readily to meet up with a guy you’ve never met. To top it off, a guy from a social website! Aren’t you scared or wary of me?” She pursed her lips thinking of his question. 

“I..I am.. At first. That was why you saw me talking to myself. Well let me say this straight. I kind of trusted you? Yea as weird as it sounds it’s a fact. Call me weird whatever.. The time we spent online together was enough to know your type. I mean you weren’t eager to meet up like some other guys would. That definitely would make me wary. It took like what? 1 year plus to finally meet up? I trust you Jae. That’s enough.” She could see his lips lifting up to a smile. Yea they’ve been online buddies for that amount of time. It’s just that, all that was online and this was for real!

“You never fail to impress me Kim Leena. Online or for real, you’re still the same LeeNa I knew. So I guess some people don’t lie even when they’re online talking to strangers huh..” She widened her eyes at his statement. Her fist balling up into a ball.

“Yah! So you’ve been thinking that I’ve been lying all along online??” He defended himself with his hands.

“A-A-ani! I was just saying!”

“You were!” He stood up and started backing away as she did too, coming forward in an intimidating way. In a flick of a second, he stopped abruptly and gave her the most sweetest smile before opening his mouth and closing them back.

“Actually,… I DID!” With that said, he took off in a run leaving her dumbfounded  and rooted, It took her a few seconds before she registered what had happened. Widening her eyes as it all sets in, “YAH!! HOW COULD YOU?! YAH!! Come back here!”

 

-

 Things went well for both Jae and LeeNa. They would normally hang out whenever they have the time. As time passed by, she did something that neither of them had expected. She fell in love with Jae. But what could Leena do? What would come off it? It was all futile. Jae’s attached and they have been together for almost three years now. And by the looks of it, Leena thought that they were going strong and a long future awaits them but little did she know, Jae too have done something gravely wrong.

He fell for her.

 

-

"Hey Jae! It's mother's day tomorrow. What are you planning to do for Omma? She hates cakes! Can't possibly buy her a cake can we? Hmmm flowers? Gahhh she'll sneeze! Ouh ouh ouh! She loves pizza ouh and we can put the candles on the pizza instead of cakes! " She was rambling on and on about her plans not noticing Jaejoong sitting quietly as he stared blankly towards the carpet at his usual spot.

The next day was going to be the day where children celebrates their mother's never ending love and care for their children but unfortunate for Jae, he isn't able to do so. His mother was taken away by cancer when he was in his first year of highschool. At this particularly time of the year, he would have felt lonelier than ever. Sure he misses his mother everyday but this day was one of the days where it'll be more overwheming than ever.

Ever since Leena stepped into his life, he had found a new life, a newfound meaning to the word Family. Leena's mother was now treated as his own. She loved him and cared for him like her own son and he was now practically family to them. He was loved by every member of the family. Even more by Leena. 

"Hey Jae? Are you okay?" Leena's voice broke his train of thoughts. He looked up at her teary eyed which made Leena jolt in her seat rushing over to him.

"Hey hey huljima... I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to make you sad over my ramblings over mother's day.. Oh my god I'm sorry! Please don't cry.." She finally relaised she had spoken more than she should have. He stifled a chuckle and wiped off his tears. He took her hands and rubbed the back of here palm with his thumbs.

"Pizza would be lovely with candles Leena. Lovely.." He smiled which made her worried heart calm a little and slumped her shoulders, sighing in relief. She chuckled.

"Leena? I have a favour to ask."

"Hm?" She looked up at him. Looking into those eyes which forever would make her melt and evaporate along if she could. 

"Would you follow me to Omma's grave tomorrow in the morning? I promise you we'll be back in time to celebrate with Ommoni.." 

"M-me? I mean Jae.. How could i.. I'm no one i mean this your Omma's grave we're talking about here." She stumbled for words, obviously taken aback by his sudden request. She had known that he had never brought anyone outside the family to her grave before.

"Shh shh Leena.. I know you must be freaked out right now.. I know I've never brought anyone before but now I'm asking this of you Kim Leena. Would you please be there with me tomorrow? Im sure It would make Omma's day to finally meet the girl I've been telling her about every night!" He beamed, eyes filled with hope that she would agree. He had been thinking about this for quite sometime now. He finally had the courage to bring it up.

"Y-you told her about me? Every n-night??" Blinking her eyes profusely in disbelief. He laughed at her display of cuteness, hands urging to pinch those cheeks.

"Yes in a matter of fact I do Leena. And I'm sure she's pleased there's such a being who's taking care of her overly pampered son. Who Im sure, would DIE without being cared for even a minute in the day by his lovely bestfriend.." She smiled at his statement. Hert swelling with pride.

"Yes you are Kim Jaejoong. A clingy one too. But why would you do such a thing?" She swept the hair off his forehead and placed her hand against his cheek, smiling.

"I was blessed to have found you. You gave me a family I've been craving for ever since Omma passed on. Most importantly, you let your own mother to love me like a real mother would. You were there when I need someone to lean and cry on. You were there to hear me whine and complain when no one would. Even my girlfriend wouldn't stand to hear them but you never complained once. You were there to cook and clean for me when I starve myself over nights when I break down like a girl. YOU were there. That's why I love you and I would want Omma to finally meet this girl."He meant every word that he said. He meant it when he said he loved her but oblivious to Leena, she only thought he loved her as a bestfriend and nothing else and those three words stung her hard since she thought it was a one sided on her part.

 

-

"Omma.."

Jae and Leena was already at the footstep of his mother's tombstone. Bouquet of his mother's favourite carnations in both their hands, he knelt down to place his followed by Leena. With a sorrowful smile, he placed a kiss on her tombstone and whispered, "Omma.. I missed you so much do you know that?."

Leena watched by feeling sympathy for her bestfriend, her love, looking vulnerable unlike his usual self. Jaejoong looked up to her and smiled motioning her to come forward and kneel beside him as he took her hand and placed it on the tombstone. Blankly, she followed his lead.

"Omma, I've brought someone to meet you. It's Leena.. You remember her don't you? The girl I've been telling you about every night without fail.. I'm sure you're sick of hearing it huh.. Probably saying 'I know Omma's memory is still as good as yours young man'." He chuckled to his amusement talking and thinking about what his mother would have said if she were alive.

Beside him, knelt the girl who was touched and on the brink of tears. Hearing him introducing her to his mother, it felt like she was meeting her for real. She broke her eye contact on him and focused on his mother's tombstone. She blinked away those awaiting tears and bowed her head in respect.

"Anneonghasaeyo Ommoni. It's relieving to have finally meet you." She smiled a little when Jae looked at her with apprecition in his eyes. It meant a lot to him to have her here and pay her respect to his late mother.

"Omma, she's beautiful isn't she? And kind too.. I'm sure you would love to have her as your daughter-in law but I'm sorry i have to disappoint you. It is just impossible for us. You know that. You've been looking over me for so long. But why was she the first that I ever brought to you.. I guess she is the one. But the pain I had to endure of not having her for the rest of my life is enough to remind me of the wrong I've done to her. Only unknown to her Omma. Will you ever forgive your son Omma? I'm sorry.."  He looked longingly at Leena but broke his contact after silently talking to his mother in his heart. Feeling a sting everytime he thinks about the wrong he has done unintentionally his bestfriend.

Unknown to him, Leena too was speaking to his mother through her heart. A confession which was a secret between only the two of them. Between the living and the dead.

"Ommoni. How have you been? Jae speaks a lot about you and I know he has been brought up by a great woman. Queen of his heart as he would say. I'm forever indebted to you for giving birth to such a being who appeared in my life and changing it for the better. To share my sorrows and happiness. He and I are bestfriends but I.. I have fallen for him Ommoni. I did wrong haven't I? I'll have to endure the pain of not having him. Don't worry Ommoni, Jae'll be fine. I'm here for him and I'll always take care of him no matter what may come. Ommoni, it feels like its the 'Meet-the-parent' session before getting your blessings for us to get married. I know it'll never come true though but nonetheless, It's nice meeting you Ommoni.."  With that said right from the heart, she stood back up and bowed. 

"Happy Mother's Day Ommoni.." She turned her back and left him there to speak what he had to say. A tear rolled down her cheek as she thought about what she had said. It was true. It was a reality that she has to accept.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The first chapter after EONS of Hiatus -.-'

Im really hoping this would be okay. Better than the original. It is right??

Anywho~~ SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and SUPPORT !

^^

 

Here's a little something something of y man.. _._