Fifth Chapter

Memories

'Hope is the only thing stronger than fear,' That's what President Snow said in the Hunger Games English movie and I do not know how I remembered that, at all.

Going back, I'd like to tell you that's true.

 

Dr. Yoo ordered some kind of MRI for my brain to see if there are any unusual brain waves and honestly, I was terrified to  hear what he had to say.

Absolutely terrified.

But, as I told you, hope is stronger than fear. I hoped for the best, wishing that he would say something Suho has been waiting  for, for more than a year.

I called appa and told him what was happening and I could hear him start to cry, excitement, happiness, and fear in his voice. He explained that he was in a very important meeting and he couldn't leave. But I understood. My appa's a governor, he has a tough job.

 

We were on the bench outside Dr. Yoo's office, my head leaning on Suho's shoulder, his hand firmly around mine. He started to hum, a song I couldn't figure out.

His hums make me relax, making each nervous fibre in my body clean.

 

"Ms. Lee?" The receptionist called.

"Me," I said standing up and followed her in the office, my left hand in Niall's, my right hand behind my back, fingers crossed.

 

Before we opened Dr. Yoo's door, Suho stopped.

"Jung, remember no matter what happens, I'll still love you okay?" He assured.

My lips formed into a smile. "Don't worry, this is it. I swear, this is really it." And I knocked on the door, with my fingers, uncrossed.

 

"Ms. Lee, how nice to see you." He shook my hand.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I said.

"Mr. Kim." He shook Suho's hand with a small nod.

"Dr. Yoo." Suho nodded back.

 

Dr. Yoo sat down on his chair behind his wooden table, my scans scattered in front of him. Suho and I sat on fairly comfortable chairs, facing him, side to side.

"So, Ms. Lee, your last visit was a month ago, you and Mr. Kim here thought you remember, but that was on Monday, correct?" He asked putting on his glasses.

I thought for a while. "Honestly, I don't remember. But this place feels familiar."

 

Silence came after that. Dr Yoo was studying my scans, and this was the kind of silence that was uncomfortably awkward. All I could hear was my heart beating and the annoying ticks of his clock.

"Well, I have good news and bad news, and we'll start with the good." He removed his glasses and leaned forward.

"Okay," I croaked as I reached for Suho's hand.

 

Here we go, I thought. This was it. I looked at Suho who only looked at Dr. Yoo. I gave his hand a squeeze, Suho squeezed back, smiling and reassuring me silently.

 

"Your brain has different waves compared to last month. And that's good." He said and a smile immediately grew on my face. Suho let out a sigh of relief.

"But, hang on, the waves aren't enough to say for sure that you'll stop forgetting."

 

I let go of Suho's hand. I feel like someone just threw a rock at my face.

Cold wet beads falling my eyes. Anger rising in my body.

 

"You're-- You're kidding right? I have different w-wave patterns, I-I can remember now, right?" I stuttered.

"Ms. Lee, it's not that easy, different wave patterns don't mean your memory has permanently returned." Dr. Yoo explained. But all I heard was gibberish.

"ANIYA!" I shouted making Dr. Yoo jump. I stood up, my hands in fists. "I remember things Suho said I don't!"

"Jung," Suho called, touching my arms, asking me to sit back down.

"This means something, Dr. Yoo. I know it does. I NEED you to figure it out. I'm no doctor but I know my brain waves mean something," I said leaning forward, my hands on his table.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, pulling me away. "Jung, let's go home." Suho said.

 

I reluctanly left, Dr. Yoo looking at me in disbelief. Suho's arm around my waist guiding my now numb body to the elevator.

When we got to his car, I broke down. But Suho knew not to pry, he just sat there and drove.

"Mianhe," I sobbed.

"No need for apologies, jagiya," He said calmly, but there was a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I thought this was it."

"As did I." Suho pulled over and looked at me.

"I don't wanna forget anymore, Suho." I cried even harder and Suho pulled me into a hug.

"Shh, it's okay. Maybe it's not time yet." He soothed.

"But I-- I want it--" I tried to say in between sobs.

 

Suho and I sat in his car for who knows how long. Me crying and him trying to make me stop.

And all I could think about was, I should have kept my fingers crossed.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the subscibes and comments you guys give.

I'm sorry that this chapter is short and I'm really sorry to say I won't be able to update tomorrow since I have volleyball finals and after that I have to go to a family party.

So please bear with me. Sorry for making you wait.

Oh . . . . 

Starting from now on, I'll be posting Suho gifs and pics, my bias.

Please continue to support 'Memories' and I'll stop now with my boring author's note.

 

 

 

 

"Do support us!!!"