Something New

Purely Unintentional

 

Time . . . definitely passed by unnoticed. They don't even know what time it is but thanks to the sunset, they realized it's almost night.

There was number of emotions Sungmin was feeling. He was a bit blue that their little playtime is over but at the same time was pleased that he will no longer be dragged everywhere. He thought that Sunny can be a lot of fun, he really did enjoying riding along with almost all the rides but she can be dangerous too. He never thought about riding some of the overly scary rides she took him but it was his idea after all. They even had some rematch and tried to play other games at some booths, he won against her at some of them but majority of the victory was owned by Sunny.

She seems to be distracted by the fun they were having that she really didn't notice the time and she didn't question how he got the ride-all-you-can stub. She didn't wonder how much did it weight on him but he could careless as long as he got to spend some time with her.

So they are currently staring up at the giant Ferris Wheel ahead if them. With the sun setting down, Sunny really wanted to go home but he asked for a one last favor.

"Why should I ride this boring ride with you again?" She mumbled.

He shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe you, you've been pin pointing all the rides you wanted but you never asked me what I want. I didn't feel like I gave you a tour around, I felt like a chaperone."

She snorted then half smirked. "Not my fault." She muttered in very low voice but he did hear it, he just chose to ignore it. "What is good about that ride anyway."

"I just know there is something good about it."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

It was like sitting in a moving sofa attached to a gigantic wheel, it slowly moves counter clockwise, it wasn't even high enough for Sunny, not technically the thrill she was waiting and she was in a rush to get off and go home.

She taps her fingers at her lap due to the boredom she was experiencing. She peeked at him at the corner of her eyes. Sungmin seems to be waiting for something to happen. Just then, they've reached the top of the wheel and she got a full view of the park. She slightly gasp for air with what she saw, it wasn't because she was scared, she was awed by the beauty.

The clear black sky showcased the bright lights raging in different glows and coming from everywhere around. The cute colors of the theme park were ticklish to ones eye. The people around where scattered around and the moving rides looked very amazing machines from the way up her view.

Sungmin held back the smile that was itching to appear at his face.

Not yet . . . just not yet.

There is one last thing Sunny must see.

After seeing all there is to see down below, there was an explosive sound then sky illuminated by various fireworks. Contrary to what he wanted to happen, Sunny didn't watched the fireworks with glittering eyes but instead she closed it tight. He also noticed that she had her fist clenched closed.

"You don't like fireworks?" He worriedly asked her but she didn't answer immediately. Not until they descended a little down below so that the sound coming from the explosives were more low.

"It's not that I'm afraid of it!" She argued defensively. She bit her lower lip and apologetically looked at him for lightly shouting. "I'm sorry . . . It's just that I don't like loud noises because I grew up in the middle of a war." she bowed her head low. "Fireworks is . . . I'm not afraid of it. I hate it."

How cruel the situation can be? He doesn't want to see her cringe her face uncomfortably, and to make things worst, he is somehow responsible for it. They were about to go to the top again and he knew had must do something to make her feeling better. She shuts both her eyes again but he is determined to let her see the dazzling fireworks display.

With hesitation, he gently clasped her ears with both of his hands. She suddenly opened her eyes and looked at him. "Then don't listen to it." Their eyes made contact. She should be slapping his hands away from her but it never crossed her mind. Their gazes were locked and there was that one second when she felt that her heartbeat accelerated.

He was the first one to look away and watch the glowing colors in the black sky. His hands weren't fully blocking all the sound around but it made her less scared. Either it's because she's not terrified by the loud noises or she simply distracted by the sudden skinship they had, she wasn't afraid to watch the fireworks anymore.

She blinked a few times and smiled in awe. It was like the sky had their own set of light bulbs. It was flashing with neon colors, glimmering in assorted hues and even more beautiful than a twinkling star. She was thankful to him in many ways, although she never said it out loud. The fact that he accompanied her all day, gave her a one day VIP ride, took her to one ride she never once checked and showed her an amazing fireworks display. She liked it all, now what is next for her to like?

~_~_~_~_~_~

"Thanks for today." She finally told him while on their way to the exit. "I mean it. I really had fun."

"It's nothing. I'm glad you had fun." He was about to say something else but his phone interrupted. He answered his call. "Yoboseyo?"

"Lee Sungmin where are you?!" He pulled it away from his ear the moment the person in the other line spoke. It was too loud that it's like on loudspeaker. "Your father will kill me if you're not here in 10 minutes!"

"Shingdong-hyung, don't worry I'm on my way home. Tell my father I'm on my way OK?" He calmly answered and he didn't wait for his hyung to answer back. He shuts his phone and diverted his attention back to the girl. "I'm sorry I can't give you a ride home."

"No, It's OK. You've already done a lot for me." He sighed in relief.

"Oh, and more thing." Just when they reached the main exit, there is something waiting for them. "I asked my friend to leave him here." He grabbed the item and handed it to her. "This is my price for knocking out 13 bottles. I want to give it to you."

Sunny examined the object she was carrying. It was the white cute stuffed bunny she wanted earlier. The size of it wasn't a joke. It was half her height, excluding the ears which was as big as her hand. It was very fluffy and soft.

"Well . . . I need to go." Sungmin excused himself and disappeared at her sight. That bunny didn't made her talk a word. By that day she began to admit to herself that she's feeling a bit weird. She reminded herself to pay him back with a good deed if ever they'll meet again.

~_~_~_~_~_~

The next day, she tried to dodge Hyoyeon's question again, asking about why she was acting weird the whole day, wondering what's new and seeking what made her aura something special. Sunny was happy that the girl later dropped the topic off. After a long day of work, it was finally time to go home.

She usually takes a walk all the way to her house. Even if it's night, she doesn't need to worry because the street lights are always on her side. It's just one of those unexpected nights that her small bag pack gets grabbed by some thug and sending her to the ground. But she is not the type of girl who will just scream for help.

She got up on her feet and chased the robber. She had to teach that guy a lesson but someone beat her to it. A familiar guy blocked the snatcher and threw a punch at it's face. Sunny can see that he was skilled in some kind of a fighting style from the way he gave the robber a beating.

Eventually the guy just let go of the thug when he got a hold of Sunny's bag. The thug ran away for his dear life while her savior handed her bag. "I know this is yours."

"I can handle him you know."

Sungmin chuckled. "A 'thank you' would be better."

"Don't take that the wrong way. It's just that you've been doing a lot for me lately and I haven't even returned a single favor."

"How 'bout dinner? I'm hungry." Wasn't actually the returned favor Sunny had in mind but she had to give the guy some credit.

"My house is just a few more steps away. I'll just cook you some Chicken curry. How's that?"

"Deal."

~_~_~_~_~_~

Sungmin browsed through the pictures at Sunny's living room. He was fascinated by the picture of Sunny having long brown hair. Completely more beautiful that her short blonde hair right now. He wondered how long will it take before he can see it again.

He turned around when he heard steps approaching his way. Sunny was suppose to be busy inside the kitchen so he was surprised to see her head to him, even more shocked when he saw her angrily glaring at him.

"What's the meaning of this?!" She shouted at his face then she violently threw the sheets of newspaper at him.

 



I'm back! OK, so that right there is something serious. Please read carefully.

I'm giving away 50 karma points to whoever can guess: What did Sunny found out about Sungmin? I'm sad that not many of you are commenting so I made a little game. Care to re-read the chapters again? Go ahead you might find some clues and after all . . . they said forewords were important in a story right?