Challenge Accepted

Purely Unintentional

 

"But Hyo-"

Hyoyeon raised her hand one final time. "I can't go with you this weekend Sunny." Sunny pouted as she returns to the frappe she want making. They own a coffee shop and they were too lazy to hire workers so they decided to run it on their own. "I'm really sorry Sunny but I have a date with Hyukkie."

"It's OK Hyoyeonnie!" Sunny flashed her usual cute smile that would always brighten up the mood.

"And we've been there last week. Why the rush of going back again?" Hyoyeon paused for a moment as she serves the frappe that Sunny gave her. "Don't tell me it's because of that guy." She teasingly glared at Sunny.

Sunny eyed her friend with disbelief. "Don't even start that kind of conversation with me Hyo." Sunny walked farther inside. Hyoyeon just shrugged when her friend ditched the subject.

~_~_~_~_~_~

Everyone might call her crazy but she just couldn't endure her fancy, she went back to that place. She placed the earphones in her ears and strolled around the amusement park, the one she just visited last week.

Sunday was their only day off. Sunny was a bit lonely because her partner in crime, Kim Hyoyeon, is not with her. She was looking forward of exploring the park with her again while their student employee, Choi Jinri, looks after their shop. She shakes the sad thought off her head, Hyoyeon did say she had a date. Who told her to go there by herself anyway?

She placed her hands inside her pocket and she could guess how much money she had left. Truthfully speaking, it was just enough to have a ride back to her home. She purposely brought little money with her because she knew that the entrance wasn't costly and she wonders how much the owner earns with that kind of fee. That person must be not greedy like some other millionaires in world. Those people who just can't get enough and keep on wanting more fortune.

She wonders why others can't be a simple as her family. Her parents live at the province, has their own little farm and has daughter who sends half of her income. Sunny was silently walking and looking directly at the ground as she listens to the music in her ears, not until someone pulled her earphones out.

"Yah!" She was ready to give a full blow punch to who ever dared to make fun of her but she halted as soon as she saw the guy's face but her blood even boiled up more. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Sungmin just chuckled with happiness when she remembered him. "Nice meeting you again Sunny!"

"How did you even know my name? Are you a stalker?" Although her voice was lower than the first, there was still a trace of irritation in her sentence.

"Your friend called you Sunny when you were waiting at the rollercoaster." He glanced around her and grinned. "And she is not with you today?"

"What it is for you?" She looked at him with disinterest.

"Well, as you can see my shift is over." He gestured himself wearing a civilian clothes rather than a staff uniform. "And as I see it, you don't have a company. So would you like me to tour you around?"

She inspected him up and down. To be honest, he doesn't look like a bad guy. She believed that when she found out the cotton candy he gave wasn't poisoned. Ok, she might be over reacting her hatred towards this guy but she just can't take his overly friendly attitude and absolute cute smile in a good way. "No thanks." She muttered and started stepping away from him.

"Wait, wait!" He hurriedly chased her down. He had to admit, for a short girl, she walks really fast it's almost like she has long legs. Why was he checking her body in the first place? "I'll treat you! I work here remember? I can ask a favor to my. . . co-workers."

She stopped and oddly stared at him. She surely couldn't say no to that offer but something inside her still doesn't like the idea. She couldn't deal with him for 2 minutes so how can she actually spend the whole day with him. Another this is, she would just give her guard off that easy. She looked around her and she came up with an idea. "Come here first." Sungmin quietly followed and smiled when they stopped. "Beat me at this game and I'll let you tour me around."

Sungmin stared at her for a moment. Looks like she was serious about the challenge so he accepted it. they handed their cash to the staff and each of them were given two baseballs. "Let me get this straight Sunny." He looked at the balls in his hands, then to the girl and lastly a total of fifteen bottles stacked up forming a trialgle shape. "If I knocked out more bottles than you . . . I will get to tour you around?" To make it as clear as glass, Sunny nodded her head with a smirk of confidence.

He set up his pace and tighten his grip around the ball. He doing a favor for her and she'll play hard to get? He threw the ball as hard as he could, it traveled at least 15 feet before hitting the target. He proudly smiled when 5 bottles fell down. He glanced at Sunny and watched her reaction but seems like she didn't even felt intimidated. She swiftly tossed the ball and he could only peer in awe when 7 bottles fell down.

She mockingly chuckled. "Wooo, looks like your 2 bottles behind."

"I still have another chance." He waved the other baseball in front of her face. He really didn't expect that she will be able to knock out 7 bottles. He thought that he shouldn't take this girl so easily.

"You should walk away now to save yourself from humiliation." He looked at her and wondered where is this girl getting all her confidence from.

"Ladies first." He signaled her to go first. She threw the ball again and 4 bottles toppled down. She stuck her tongue out to him.

"You think you can beat that?" She bragged at him with a grin that annoys him too much.

He almost forgot that it was game. At first, he only wanted to win just so he could spend the day with her. But at the moment, it was more of proving that he is something better that what Sunny was presuming him to be. He focused really hard and put out as much force he can deliver. Sunny blinked her eyes a few times, making sure what she is seeing is real. 8 bottles toppled down.

'Looks like I have no choice but to hang out with him.' She thought about it for a moment and later smiled upon realizing that she would get to ride that rollercoaster again.

"How about that. . . I win." She lazily gazed at him and nodded. "Just wait here OK?" He began marching away from her.

"Hey where are you going?" She asked him, half-shouting because he was a bit far already.

"I'll get you a ride-all-you-can stub!"

Sunny fought the urge to jump up and down with happiness. She was thankful that the staff prevented her to do so by asking what price would she want. She examined the assorted price available but the 11 bottles she knocked down weren't enough for the best prizes. She made a final decision by picking the cute bunny ears. As soon as she the staff handed it to her, she wore it over her head. Just then Sungmin arrived and lightly laughed when he saw her.

"What is so funny?" Sunny was more like threatening him to dare say a stupid word. He guessed that if he did so, he'll just end up getting hurt so he just shook his head. Truthfully speaking, he was quite pleased with her appearance

"You just look cute." She rolled her eyes and proceeded to look for a good ride.