Chapter 3

I Can't Tell You

 

Youngbae’s POV


I’m glad this couch is comfortable because if it was I would be ing. I could sleep in Jiyong’s bed, but if he ever found out I would never hear the end of it. Then I realized that I have to figure out a way to explain to him about Seungri. I couldn’t just come out and say to him “Hey I know I didn’t ask you or anything, but I decided to take this underage homeless boy into our home and live with us. I hope it is ok.”  Jiyong wasn’t the most understanding person, that would be an understatement, but I didn’t care about that. I couldn’t stand to see someone younger than me living on the streets alone with no one to take care of him. I hope Seungri will enjoy his life here, I knew it wasn’t much, but I hope it is enough for him. He didn’t need to tell me anything, but I could tell his life has been pain. His eyes reflected the biggest sadness and I had to fill with happiness. I don’t know why I decided to take him, but something was telling me I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't take him.

"Mommy I'm sorry!" Seungri screams in his sleep. I run into my room and shake him up.

"Seungri wake up." But it didn't faze him, he just continued to scream mommy. "Seungri please wake up." I smacked.him to wake him up.

"Ah, . What was that for?"

"I heard you in your sleep and..."

"I knew you were a ert listening to a little boy like me in his sleep." He interrupted me.

"I'm not, i was concerned about you screaming for your mommy." His face then made the same reflection of sadness it always did. "I know this isn't my business to ask you, but I need to know... Where are your parents?"

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you because I don't even know where they are."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't be, I totally forgot about them. Thanks for your concern, but I don't need it."

"I know you don't, but I feel as if I have to concern myself for your own sake."

"Whatever." He began to walk back to his bed"

"Hey, if you ever need to talk or anything just come to me."

"I won't, but thanks." I walked out of my room and back onto the couch. What was I going to do about this kid?

Seungri POV

This is the most comfortable feeling that I have ever felt in my life. I kept jumping up and down the bed like I was a child again. I didn't want this feeling to go away ever. This feeling of warmth that felt so strange, yet so weird. I stayed under the covers a little longer before I smelled something I haven't smelled in years. I jumped out of the bed and saw Youngbae on the stove cooking eggs and bacon.

"Hey, sleepy head did you rest well" Youngbae said

"I guess." I said lying to him and myself. "It is better than what I'm usually used to."

"I bet so." He places the food in front of me and smiles. "Eat up." I took a bite and it was like I was eating something made from God. It was really greasy, but it was the best meal I had in months, scratch that years. A smile came upon my face, but I hid it so he wouldn't notice.

"I saw that."

"Saw what?"

"You smiling at how awesome my food tastes."

"Oh, shut up, you're talking to a homeless person about how food tastes. That is pretty sad." I started laughing.

"At least I got you to laugh." He was such a smug bastard and I hated it. He thinks he knows everything about people, but he doesn't know me and he could never process my life.

"Well I'm going to leave now, thanks for everything."

"Why are you leaving? I told you this is your new home, you don't have to leave. Besides I have awesome food planned for tonight. Well excuse me, I have to do stupid math work for college."

"Let me see it."

"Sure, but I think it might be a little too hard for you." I looked at the problem, this was like the work of a ten year old.

"The answer is 2.43,000,000 divided by the square root of 75 multiplied by the derivative of 16.” Youngbae started at me with a creepy smile. “What.”

“How the hell do you know that.”

“People are so ungrateful about education that they throw out there textbooks. Since I was always bored sine living on the streets I just read them and learned them for fun.”

“This gives me a great idea.” Youngbae ran towards the phone and called someone.

“Hey can you do me a solid...” Everything went unclear after that and I just kept eating my breakfast. “So I have some good news for you. I got you into the school down the street. I know that you might be a little rusty at school and all, but I think you will do great and since I will be in college for a while I think it is best for you to do that.”

“OK, I guess I can try going.”

The next day

Youngbae was so nice and got everything ready for my first day of school. He bought my uniform, my school supplies and even my books. He walked me to the school and brought me to meet the principal, Mr. Kang. Those two had a conversation for a while, but I didn’t listen. After they were done, Youngbae gave me his keys.

“Here are my spare keys, just in case I’m not home when you come back. You have a good day.”

“Yeah whatever.” I said and he walked out of the building. Mr. Kang then later showed me to my classroom, to where I figured out this was an all boys school.

“Excuse me class you will have a new classmate in your room. Please go introduce yourself.”

“Hi, I’m Lee Seungri and it will be my pleasure to be in your class.” The class all smiled at me. I wasn’t sure if this was because I was fresh meat for the bullies or if I was cool or something.

“Please take a seat next to  Kim Jaeseob.” I walked over to him and he just kept staring at me.

“Hi, I’m  Kim Jaeseob, but you can call me AJ. I hope we can be great friends.”