Mesmerized

After Forever Ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The party has started. The venue is dark and is decorated like an old castle. The music is blasting popular tunes on the speaker near the stage where the king and queen and Prince and Princess of the night will be announced later the evening. Everyone is dancing the night away in their costumes, but Kai is dominating the dance floor in his vampire costume and freshly dyed silver hair. Baekhyun,Lay, Kris, chen and Luhan are having mocktails at the bar The rest of exo are scattered around the place.

Luhan looked around while bobbing his head with the music when he spotted Sumin on the other side of the room in her Cinderella costume, enjoying the compliments thrown to her while she and her two minions who are dressed as witches are cam on Sumin's hired personal photographer. Luhan was gawking at Sumin for a while but quickly looked away. He was indeed like a princess in her gown. Shaking the thought off, he sip on his drink 'Enjoy the spotlight while it's still on you' he smirked.

While Baekhyun and the others are cheking out Kris's date, a canadian rookie singer... Lay, who is "The Phantom" tonight (the masked man in phantom of the opera),  is busy in his own world looking for a particular girl. "Where can she be? is she coming?...". He is the only one in Exo who did not bother to bring a date.

His trail of thought is interrupted by Baekhyun.

"I was thinking about it last night, I think I want to spend Christmas in Paris this year" Baekhyun who's cinderella's prince charming tonight, said.

Kris scoffed at him "Aren't you sick of the place? we've been there a lot of times"

"And what makes you think you'll win the bet?" Chen asked with a sly grin.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes 'Because Sumin is my date, that's why'. He turned to Luhan and smirked. "How about you lulu? where's your HOT~ date?" 

Luhan was not insulted one bit. He just chuckled and looked away. 

"Woah, check that out!" Everyone turned to Chen whose eyes turned saucers and they followed his gaze. Luhan smirked while Baekhyun almost chocked on his drink.

"Speaking of my date" Luhan got up from the stool and fixed his hat. Tonight, he is the modern version of peter pan.

 

You can feel your whole body shaking in nervousness. When you entered the place, heads turned your way. To make it worst, a spotlight was on you. You started to panic and you turned to leave.

"Where are you going?"

You stopped and turned around. You saw Luhan approaching you with his hands in his front pockets. He looks gorgeous in his green suit.

"I-I..." You stuttered and bit your lower lips.

Luhan chuckled and pinched your cheek "You're cute." he said. He held out a hand infront of you "Care to dance with me?"

You stared at his hands, still processing what to do next. Luhan grinned and took your hand instead. He led you past the crowd. You can feel eyes burning holes in your body, girls are giving you that same face, except that this time... it isn't because they think you're too ugly for their school. It's because you're too beautiful. You ducked your head down as Luhan led you in the middle of the dance floor. 

"I c-can't dance..." You muttered the last word and ducked your head in shame.

"Don't worry..." He said in a low voice. Luhan s his hand around your waist and pulled you closer until your bodies are touching. He put your arms around his neck and he rested his palms on your hips.You swallowed hard. You felt your cheeks burning and you looked anywhere but his eyes.

He slowly cradled you, even though the music is upbeat. Luhan noticed that you're still shaking and he saw your red cheeks. You froze when he leaned closer. You can feel his breath tingling your ears. "Calm down. Just follow my lead and you'll be fine" he whispered. You breath in and slowly exhaled... trying to calm your racing heart beat.

Meanwhile, back at the bar, Baekhyun is still glued in the stool with the exact same expression he had when he saw You. Jaw hanging and eyes wide. The reaction is the same with the other members.

"H-how did this happen?" Chen asked.

Kris smirked and shook his head "As if you don't know Luhan... He knows a beauty when he sees one" 

Baekhyun turned his head to Kris "I-is that the same.. girl?" He asked, still not believing the situation. 'he cheated... he cheated... he cheated' Baekhyun chanted in his head

Kris stood up "Next time, try to have a second look at someone who's not wearing trendy clothes like your girlfriend" he patted Baekhyun's shoulder and went to look for his date.

Baekhyun shifted his gaze back to You and Luhan. Luhan whispered something that made you laugh. 'she's laughing... but she never laughed with me'

He pouted and glared at the two. You and Luhan stopped dancing. When Baekhyun saw you going somewhere, he immediately stood up and followed you.

You were walking down the hallway going to the ladies room with a smile on your face. Somehow, Luhan managed to make you comfortable and you were almost glad that you came tonight. Suddenly, someone grabbed your wrist and pulled you to the opposite direction. You looked up at the owner of the hand and saw Baekhyun dressed as Prince Charming.

"W-what are you doing? let go of me!" You tried to pull your arm but his grip just tightened. You tried to catch up with his fast pace. It's actually a funny scene for others. Prince Charming dragging Tinkerbell down the hallway.

 He dragged you all the way out the garden.

Baekhyun released me. You rubbed your red wrist, its a little painful.  Baekhyun sighed and turned around to face you. His eyes narrowed and the corner of his lips are dragged down. 

"What's your problem" You said and frowned.

Baekhyun scoffed like you don't have a right to say that. "Spill it! What game are you trying to pull?" 

You stared at him in confusion. "Are you trying to trick me?" Baekhyun asked through gritted teeth.

"huh?" You asked, confused.

Baekhyun raked his perfectly styled hair in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter