Of Pride and Hickeys

The Silent Treatment

Peniel slowly opened his eyes. His head feels so heavy. He was about to sit up when he felt a weight in his chest. Sungjong was sleeping at his chest. Peniel chuckled at the sight. He slowly moved Peniel in a pillow and stood up. He noticed Hoya sleeping on the floor. He nudged the other.

“Hyung, you can sleep on the bed now.” Hoya slowly opened his eyes. When he saw Peniel, his eyebrows furrowed.  Hoya stood up and slept beside Sungjong.

“Where are you going?” Hoya asked.

“I’ll just use the bathroom.” Hoya nodded. Peniel quietly opened the door and went out. Peniel went straight to the bathroom. He really needed to pee.

After using the bathroom, he went out. He was about to go back to Sungjong’s room when he heard some noise coming from the kitchen. He checked the wall clock, it was only 3:30. Peniel decided to check who it was. As soon as he entered the kitchen, he found the person he needs to talk to.

“Myungsoo hyung.” Myungsoo almost jumped when he faced Peniel.

“Yah! You almost killed me.” Myungsoo took a deep breath and sighed. “You slept here?” Peniel nodded. For a while, silence filled the room. When things were getting a bit too much, Peniel decided to avoid it and talk to him in another day.

“Well, I guess I’ll be going back now.” Peniel was about to leave when Myungsoo stopped him.

“I’m sorry.” Peniel stopped but didn’t look at Myungsoo. “I’m sorry for...you know...being a jerk.” Peniel still wasn’t looking at him. “I’m sorry for provoking you. I just...” Even though he wasn’t looking at Myungsoo, he was listening to him.

“Do you still have feelings for Sungjong?” Myungsoo flinched with the sudden question. Myungsoo took a deep breath.

“I do.” Peniel also took a deep breath.

“So, what are we going to do then?” Myungsoo gave Peniel a puzzled look.

“What do you mean?” Peniel finally faced him.

“Me and Sungjong are together.” Peniel faced the floor now. “But he still has feelings left for you.” Myungsoo flinched. “Even if he says it’s only a little, I know that there’s still a chance for those feelings to come back.” Myungsoo was speechless. Even with all the reasoning in his mind, he knew that Peniel had a point.

“I don’t know. I really don’t know what to do to make everything better.” Myungsoo heard Peniel chuckle.

“You know, in a way, I was the one who saw him first.” Myungsoo eyed Peniel. “I was the first one to notice him. You only noticed him when he was with me.” Myungsoo sighed. He knew Peniel was right.

“I know.” Myungsoo bit his bottom lip. “But I don’t care about that. I love him and even if it’s wrong, I’ll still do everything to get him back. I don’t care if I’m selfish, I love him, and I will remind him of the feelings he used to have for me.” Peniel turned around. “Donggeun-ah, one fall, he’s mine.” Even if he was feeling angry, Peniel still faced Myungsoo.

“If that’s what you want, so be it. I’ll still be here, making things harder for you.” With that Peniel went back to Sungjong’s room.

The guilt was eating Myungsoo. He never intended to say those things. If ever he was to see Peniel, he wanted to apologize. But his pride got the best of him again.

But

In a way, Myungsoo also wanted this to happen. Maybe this was the only way to get Sungjong back, by discouraging Peniel.

‘I’m such a bad person.’ Myungsoo sat at a chair, both elbows on the table, face covered with both hands.

Peniel entered Sungjong’s room quietly. As soon as he closed the door, a person was already waiting for him.

“Hey.” The voice said. Peniel looked at the person. “Why are you crying?” The person quickly rushed to his side. Peniel just eyed the person. “Peniel, did something happen?” Without saying a word, Peniel hugged the person.

“I love you.” Sungjong immediately hugged him back. “But I’m afraid that I’m starting to lose you.”

“You’re not losing me Peniel.” Peniel started to cry hard.

“But I am. I know I can’t control your feelings for Myungsoo hyung.” Sungjong was taken aback with what Peniel said. “But please, I want you to be honest okay? Tell me if your feelings for Myungsoo have rekindled okay? I don’t want to hold you back.” Peniel said in between of sobs. “All I’ve been doing is making you worry. I’m sorry.”

That’s when Sungjong realized that he wasn’t being honest with himself. He loves Peniel, but the feelings he felt for Myungsoo were also there, hiding in a box.

“I’m sorry for lying Peniel.” Peniel understood what Sungjong meant. Peniel started to calm down.

“It’s okay. Like I said, I always felt that they were still there.” Peniel looked devastated.

“But I’m not breaking up with you Peniel. I love you.” Peniel gave him a confused look.

“What about Myungsoo hyung?” Sungjong sighed.

“I don’t know, but can we please forget about everything else and focus on ourselves? Let’s try to ignore everything.” Sungjong smiled and wiped the tears from Peniel face. “So, please smile for me? You’re very handsome when you smile.” Peniel couldn’t help but smile. “That’s my Peniel.” Sungjong leaned in and gave him a kiss.

For a while, they just stood there kissing. When Peniel was finally responding, he bit Sungjong’s bottom lip. As soon as his mouth opened, Peniel’s tongue immediately entered. Peniel explored Sungjong mouth. When Sungjong let out a moan, Hoya suddenly woke up.

“Yah!” Hoya glared at both of them. He quickly rushed to the two. “What the hell are you doing Peniel?” Hoya asked in a low, dark tone.

“Hyung, no. I initiated the kiss.” Hoya annoyingly scratched his head.

“Aish, why would you do that? And that was different from a normal kiss!” Hoya felt irritated and the fact that he loves Sungjong and seeing him passionately kiss Peniel made him ultra jealous. Sungjong giggled.

“Aish hyung, stop. It’s no big deal.” Hoya heaved a heavy sigh.

“I’m sorry hyung.” Peniel gave Hoya an apologetic bow.

“Aish, Peniel. No need to apologize.” Sungjong pouted at Hoya. The dance machine sighed in defeat.

“Ugh, fine. I’m going back to bed then. Do what you want.” With that, Hoya rushed out of the room.

“Is Hoya hyung okay?” Peniel asked. Sungjong nodded.

“Yes, he’s just protective. How about we get some more sleep? I guess Eunkwang hyung would be picking you up at around 8. Before you leave, have some breakfast okay?” Peniel smiled and nodded. Both of them made their way to Sungjong’s bed. Once they got themselves comfortable, they cuddled their way to sleep.

***

It was around 7 am when most of them were awake. They were enjoying their remaining free days, because after that, they’ll be having upcoming concerts soon.

“Where’s Sungjong?” Sunggyu asked.

“Probably having with Peniel.” Hoya said in a bitter, whisper like voice.

“Did you say something?” Sungyeol asked. Hoya shook his head.

‘That was supposed to come out in a thought bubble.’ Minutes after, Sungjong and Peniel entered the dining area. Peniel gave a bow to everyone.

“Hello hyungs.” They all groaned.

“So, Peniel would be joining us today.” Sungjong said happily.

“Yeeey.” They all said like zombies.

“So, what’s for breakfast hyung?” Sungjong went to Woohyun.

“The usual, but I decided to add pancake to our menu.” Woohyun ruffled Sungjong’s hair and went to the dining area. When the food was already served, everyone started eating. Dongwoo was humming a song while eating; Hoya and Myungsoo were ignoring the fact that Peniel was feeding Sungjong. Sungyeol was trolling Woohyun with this joke and Sunggyu was the only one who noticed the obvious.

“Yah, Lee Sungjong. Is that a hickey on your neck?” When Sunggyu finished his sentence, everyone at the table was glaring at Sungjong and Peniel.

‘Uh-oh.’

 

 

 

 

 

So here's the short update! I'm sorry if I took so long. I was just busy with school work!! I love you guys! <3 Lol, so about this chapter, more PenJong drama, and little conforntation scene between Myungsoo and Peniel, and more hickeys ^^ Lol! So please look forward to the next chapter okay? I love you guise so much! PS uBeat would be releasing their MV in a couple of hours! Lol, PS don't be a silent reader!!! <3