Goodbye.

I Need a Girl

He wouldn’t talk to me. No matter how much I tried to explain, Bae wouldn’t even look at me. I packed my bags, and no one talked to me at all. Everyone was giving me the silent treatment, and it felt horrible.

            When I was finished packing my bags, I went back into Youngbae’s room to talk to him again. To try to ask for forgiveness, or something. Do something that will make him not hate me.

            I went into his room and he was lying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling and throwing a small ball and catching it. He didn’t even flinch when I opened the door and closed it behind me.

            “Youngbae, I want you to-”

            “Remember that thing I told you a while ago?” He asked, still throwing the ball up and down.

            “What thing? You told me a lot of things,” I said, racking my brain of all our conversations which was really hard considering we’ve spoken to each other a lot for that past month.

            “Why haven’t I ever fallen in love?” He asked.

            Then it hit me. “Because you risk getting your heart broken because it never lasts,” I said, repeating his words from that night there was a thunderstorm. It made more sense now. “But you’re not listening. Jiyong was the one who kissed me, not the other way around,” I tried convincing him to believe the truth again, but it wasn’t working.

            “So you expect me to believe that my best friend for almost my entire life kissed my girlfriend?”

            “Well, yeah. ...’Cause it’s the truth.”

            Then his door opened and Jiyong held three plane tickets in front of him. “Youngbae, I have two tickets to Canada and one ticket to New York City. Everyone’s going to the airport because we have to go to a meeting at YG right after, so get ready to leave,” Jiyong said, handing me my ticket.

            Youngbae got out of bed and passed me to go out in the hallway, not even looking back at me once.

 

After the most awkward and silent car ride ever, we finally arrived at the airport. I still sat in the car once it was parked, trying to compute everything it was happening. I just messed up everything.

            “Well, bye,” I said, silently.

            “I’ll miss you,” Seunghyun said, giving me a hug because he was sitting right beside me.

            “I think we’ll all miss you,” Daesung said, smiling at me.

            “I’ll miss you guys too,” I said, trying not to cry as I opened the door to the van. This was it.

            I got my bags out of the van and began to carry them into the airport.

            “Jacklyne!” Someone yelled from behind me. I turned around and saw Youngbae running towards me.

            “What are you doing?” I asked, confusedly.

            “Look, I don’t want to leave on a bad note,” he said, smiling weakly.

            “Why? So you’re not off your game when you have to record your next song?” I asked, coldly.

            “No.... I just don’t want to have all this baggage that we never said goodbye properly,” he said, his smile fading when he realized that I was a little angry. Ok, I was a lot angry.

            “Well, go ahead then. Say goodbye to me the ‘proper’ way,” I shot.

            “Why are you being like that?” He asked, raising his voice as well.

            “Because the whole time we were at the house you wouldn’t listen to a word I would say, but now we’re here and you want to say goodbye to me ‘properly.’ You won’t listen to me, so why should I listen to you?” I asked, picking up my bags.

            “Jacklyne, I... saranghae,” he said quietly.

            “I still don’t speak Korean, Youngbae,” I said, charging into the airport and not looking back.



Guuuuys, this is the second-last chapter :'(

What do you think will happen?

WILL JACKLYNE FIND OUT WHAT SARANGHAE MEANS? :o