Forgive me?

Voice 목소리

Forgive me?

 

Song: Teentop's 'Missing You'

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunmi's POV

"... I'm sorry... " he said, "I was a jerk to you... All those things I said about you were obviously lies. I-I was too blinded by Jihae... I let all of the things she said get into my brain. And she didn't ever really like me! She was just using me to make you jealous."

I know all of Jihae's stupid plan, but just why?

"And I now understand why she was so envious of you." he continued, "Unlike her, you were cute, funny, and bubbly. You got along with everyone and were nice to everybody. No matter how many fanboys she had, it wouldn't compare to all the friends your bright disposition attracted."

Ehh? Really? Just because of that? That Jihae was just crazy. But part of it is true... I wanted to be like her too.

"I was an idiot; I forgot how awesome my little Sunmi was, and instead replaced her with a butthurt cougar... All this time I spent in America, I missed my baby girl so much. I guess I never realized how important you were to me until you were gone..."

Re-really? The L.Joe missed me?! He doesn't remember I liked him, right?

"So, Lee Sunmi. I'm here today to ask for your forgiveness. I sincerely apologize to you, so let's start again, neh?"

I hesitated. It took me too long to be able to forget him, and he just comes back like this?! But it's true... I missed my Oppa a lot. Probably we won't ever be together; I already realized we are just not meant to be, but at least we can go back to our oppa-dongsaeng relationship?

"A-arasso... I forgive you, O-oppa..." I muttered. Suddenly, he picked me up and spun me around. People around us were giving us weird looks. I could hear others complimenting on the cute, youthful couple... "Y-yah! Put me down!"

Once he did, he rubbed his nape awkwardly, "Sorry... I'm just really happy~ "

 

Author's POV

"Aigoo, it was such a good night, right Hyojung-ah?" Sunmi's mother told her best friend, as they all exited the restaurant, "And did you see those two?! They looked like a couple!"

"YES!" L.Joe's mother squealed, "Your two daughters will get married soon~~ Won't that bother Minhyuk?"

"Aish, he's just protective over his daughters... "

 

"I can't believe you didn't know the L.Joe was at your school. Didn't you hear all the gossip about the new student?"

"Eish, you know I never cared about gossiping. You aren't even in my class, so why should I care?"

L.Joe gasped, feigning hurt, "You don't care about me?"

"Aigoo, you haven't changed a bit!"

"I know~~ I'm really sad I'm not in your class... I was hoping we'd be together... "

"Well, I expected you to go to Yesul with Teentop." Sunmi told him.

"It's just that Kangnam is too far away from my parent's house. They'd get worried." L.Joe explained, "But I'm in the same school as you, isn't that good? We'll hang out at lunch and during breaks like before."

"About that... " Sunmi said nervously, "C-can you not come near me at school?"

L.Joe was in utterly confused, "Why?"

"I-I just don't want people to know I'm your friend. You know, you attract too many fangirls, and I want to stay low-key..." she replied softly.

"What?! The Lee Sunmi I know was anything but low-key!" he exclaimed.

"The Lee Sunmi you know changed... " Sunmi whispered.

"What?" he eyed her suspiciously.

"Nothing!" Sunmi looked clearly uncomfortable talking about that, so L.Joe changed the conversation's topic.

"Who was that guy from earlier?" Sunmi gave him a confused look, "The guy from the rooftop, the one with the mask! What was his name? Ah, yeah, Daehyun!"

"Oh, Jung Daehyun... " Sunmi's stomach got fluttery by the mention of his name, and indeed, L.Joe noticed it, "He-he's a good friend... "

*Only a good friend? Your reaction tells me something else... Do you like him, Sunmi-ah?* L.Joe thought * ... didn't you like me? Oh, things change with time... But it's alright; I know I can make Sunmi fall for me again.* He stole a quick glance at Sunmi *You've gotten a lot prettier, Sunmi-aegi... I definitely missed you the most.*

(If you played the song, STOP IT! It doesn't fit the next part's mood. Or just finish the song... *sigh*)

 

 

Next Day~

"Sunmi-ah!!!" Eunji tackled her friend, "You never told me how it went, so spit it out! You confessed? He accepted? Did you two kiss or something? Now are you dating? Or did he reject you? If he did I'll kick his !"

Sunmi slapped shut, "Yah, Park Eunji! Don't be so loud!" 

"Mi-mianhae... I'm just excited... So tell me! Tell me! Te-te-te-te-te-tell me~~"

Sunmi dragged her hyper friend to a quieter, secluded area. "Okay... " she sighed deeply, "I didn't confess... "

"EH?! WHY?!?!" Eunji hollered.

"S-something happened, so I didn't get the chance to do so... "

"Wtf happened to interrupt that perfect, magical, drama-like moment?!" Eunji cried, but before she could continue ranting, someone came and interrupted their conversation.

"Sunmi-ah!" L.Joe skipped happily towards her, "What are you doing here? Oh, and who's your friend?"

"O-oppa! This is my friend Park Eunji. Eunji-ah, this is L.Joe-oppa" Eunji stood awkwardly between the two.

"Nice to meet you, Eunji-ah." Eunji gave him a astonished look *Who's this guy? He barely knows my name, and yet he calls me so casually? And why did Sunmi call him Oppa?*

L.Joe turned to Sunmi, "Omma told me to give you this." He handed her a doshirak*, "Your mom called earlier saying you forgot your lunch, so my mom made this for you."

"Oh, gomawo." Sunmi smiled, "We need to go to class now, right Eunji?"

"A-ah, yes!"

"We'll be going. Bye, Oppa~ "

 

*I want to ask her! I need to ask her so bad! Why is this Jung Daehyun right between us?!* Eunji thought.

"Daehyun!" Eunji muttered. He turned to the nerdy girl, "Pass this to Sunmi!"

Before passing Eunji's note, Daehyun examined it *I want to know what it says... *

Sunmi recieved it and stifled her laughter, earning a glance from Daehyun.

          You, Lee Sunmi, have a lot of explaining to do! First of all, who was that guy? Why do you call him Oppa and act so casually around him? He even knows your mother! What will Daehyun do when he hears this? He'll probably flip a table!

Sunmi replied promptly to Eunji's note. She passed the note to Daehyun; however, when Daehyun was going to pass it to Eunji, he found that she was too busy jotting down math equations. Curiosity got the best of him, and he took a peek at the note:

          Chill, chingu-yah! He's a friend of mine. Did you hear the rumors about the new student? (cause I didn't... ) He is the new student, Lee Byunghun, but his nickname is L.Joe. Our mothers know each other, too. You could say we're childhood friends. And I call him Oppa since that's how you refer to older men. What? Why do you suddenly bring Daehyun into the conversation?

*This L.Joe guy is the same from yesterday? The one that harassed Sunmi? Apparently him and Sunmi are in good terms now. I don't like him... *

 

 

Later at lunch~~

"Sunmi-ah, let's go to the rooftop with B.A.P!" Eunji proposed.

"Neh, let me just take this books-"

"Sunmi-ah!" L.Joe ran into her classroom, earning looks from the students, "Let's eat lunch together!" he swiftly dragged her away.

 

Eunji ran up to the rooftop, where the guys were waiting for her and Sunmi.

"Hey, where's Sunmi?" Yongguk asked Eunji.

"S-she was kidnapped!"

Suddenly, Daehyun spit his drink, "WHAT?!"

"Aigoo, not kidnapped in that way. You know there's a new student, right?" B.A.P. nodded, "He's apparently Sunmi's childhood friend. Lee Byunghun, or L.Joe, stole Sunmi from us!"

Daehyun clenched his fists *That guy... I need to keep an eye on him... *

 

"O-oppa, please! People will see us!" Sunmi begged.

"Come on, don't be like this! You don't want to eat lunch with me? Even if I was the one who brought your lunch?" L.Joe pouted at her.

Sunmi's heart started racing, "I-I don't mean it like that! I really don't want people to talk about me..."

"You've changed quite a lot, Sunmi-ah. The Lee Sunmi never cared about what others said."

Sunmi couldn't fight back anymore. She just let herself be dragged to the cafeteria. Nonetheless, Sunmi regretted it greatly when she went it.

"Who's that girl with L.Joe-oppa?" "Eh, I've never seen her before, is she new too?" "I don't like that around my oppa!"

 

 

*Wasn't I a wallflower? So much for trying to be low-key...*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

*Doshirak: korean bento box

Yumm~

 

Daehyunnie~~ You've got competition now, so what will you do?

Comment and Subscribe~~