Dinner with the Lee's

Voice 목소리

Dinner with the Lee's

 

Hmm... no song for this one...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Y-you?" Sunmi uttered, "W-what are you..."

"It's been a long time, neh?" he smirked, "You haven't changed at all..."

Sunmi was at loss for words. She was frozen in her spot and couldn't move.

"You won't say hi or something? Didn't you miss me at all?" he said, sounding hurt.

Sunmi started backing off, going for the door.

"Eh? You didn't want to see me that bad?" he got closer to her, while Sunmi could only back away slowly.

"Sunmi-ah, won't you listen to what I have to say?" he was right in front of her, "When did you become so coy? The little Sunmi would always run to me yelling 'Oppa'... " he grabbed her hand, "Please, just listen to me... "

 

"She doesn't want to, don't you get it?!" A muffled voice said.

"D-daehyun!"

"Who are you to decide if she wants to be with me or not? It's up to her, not you." he spat.

"Sunmi is clearly uncomfortable, so let her go!" Daehyun yanked her roughly and pulled her downstairs.

 

"D-daehyun, stop it! People will see us together... " Sunmi cried, but he wouldn't listen; instead, he kept on pulling her, "I-it hurts... "

Immediately, he let go of her arm. "Mianhae... " he smiled sheepishly under his mask.

"N-no, it's fine... " Sunmi muttered.

*I shouldn't ask about it... That guy... * Daehyun thought for a second, "Umm... what were you going to tell me?"

"Ehh?" Sunmi gave him a confused look, "Oh! Umm... I-I wanted to eat lunch with you... B-but we can't go to the rooftop anymore."

"Let's go to the school gardens then." Daehyun suggested. Sunmi agreed, "You go first, I don't want anyone to see us together... "

Daehyun nodded and left *It was the perfect opportunity and I lost it!* He looked back at Sunmi, who looked despondent *I shouldn't tell her now; she's clearly not feeling well...*

"Sheesh, that bastard... " Daehyun whispered to himself.

 

Sunmi's POV

Later at night...

After I came back from school, I simply threw myself to bed. It was a looong day, and I needed some rest!

"Sunmi-ah!" mom yelled from downstairs, "Get ready, we'll go out for dinner!"

"Eh? Why?!" Go without me. I don't want to...

"We'll tell you on the way, but get ready now! We must be there at 7! And dress nicely!"

What is this woman planning? I'm too comfy here, "OMMA! I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR!" that should be just enough to keep her-

"I got a dress for you, Sunmi-ah, so don't worry~ " she came into my room, holding a pretty dress. From her tone I could notice she had it all planned...

"Omma... I-I have too much homework I need to finish. It'd be better if you go without-" she cut me off with her stern glare, "Don't you dare lie to me, Lee Sunmi. I know you have no homework at all since it's the first day of classes! You just don't want to go, right?"

Damn, she's too clever, "Omma... I'm too tired today! Can't it be another day?"

She sat on my bed, right next to me, and patted my head, "I know it must be tiring for you, but this is a very important dinner for your father and me. Please do it for us, neh?" Aish, when she gets all motherly and nice it's hard to reject her. I just nodded in response.

She beamed at me, "Thanks, Sunmi! You're the best daughter ever~ And don't worry. I promise you you won't get bored." She laid the dress on me bed and skipped out.

Aish, why do I have such weird parents? Well, it must be really important to her if she picked out such a nice dress for me...

 

 

My parents gawked at me as I walked downstairs.

"Sunmi-ah, you look... stunning!" mom cheered, "Doesn't she, Minhyuk?!"

"Aigoo, my Sunmi baby looks beautiful!" dad cried, "You look like a woman now... "

"Appa! Omma! Stop saying those that, and let's go!" they make me feel so embarrassed! Luckily no one I know will be there.

 

We arrived at an elegant, apparently expensive, restaurant. It's quite unusual... My parents aren't the type that would waste money in such a restaurant, unless it's a very, VERY special occasion. There, we found Saemi-unnie and K.will-oppa waiting for us. Maybe the dinner is to celebrate that they'll get married soon?

"Unnie," I approached her, "Do you have any idea of what this dinner is about?"

"Nope, no idea... " she replied, "Omma just called me here, and told me to bring Hyungsoo, too. She's probably scheming something... "

 

Mom and Dad had already made reservations, so we just walked in. They were frantically looking for a certain table, when...

"Minhyuk-ah! Sohyunnie!" someone called us to their table.

"Hyojung-ah!" mom yelled back. Wait, isn't Hyojung... his mother?! I quickly turned to the table that called us and crap! It was!

Sitting so perfectly, with his outstanding purple hair nicely done and a cool smirk plastered on his face...

Lee Byunghun... L.Joe... 

 

"I'm so glad to be back in Korea. I especially missed my dear friend the most!" Hyojung-imo said.

"I missed you a lot too, Hyojung-ah!. Oh, Byunghee-oppa, annyeong! And is that little Byunghun? He grew up so much!"

L.Joe sulked a little at mom's comment, "I-I'm not that tall, Imo..."

"Aigoo, you're as modest as always~ Sunmi-ah, why don't you seat next to Byunghun? I'm sure you have a lot to catch up on." T-this woman!!! Why are you doing this to me, mom!? 

"Neh, Sunmi-ah." he patted the seat next to his, "Come sit next to Oppa~ " at his words, my heart skipped a beat. I quietly sat down next to him and looked away.

"Eh? You'll ignore me again? Sunmi-ah, that's not polite at all."

 

I tried to ignore him the most I could during the dinner, and it was working since all I did during the dinner was stuff food on my mouth. Nevertheless, the problem came afterwards...

"Oh, look" Hyojung-imo pointed at the other side of the restaurant. A pianist played a beautiful song, and many people had stood up to dance to it, "Why don't you two go have fun?"

"Oh, yes, you should!" Mom encouraged.

L.Joe smiled slyly, "It's fine by me, but do you want to go, Sunmi-ah?" Arsh! He knows I can't go against my mom!

 

We joined the couples dancing to the waltz. We awkwardly held each other and swayed to the music.

"You still don't want to talk to me?" he whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I was too shocked to reply.

"Well, at least you'll have to listen to what I have to say." L.Joe smiled triumphantly, knowing I couldn't escape this time... Sheesh, where's Daehyun right now?!

"I just wanted to tell you...

 

 

... I'm sorry..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So yes, all of those who guessed it was L.Joe, you were right... XP His personality just fits~ And he's purple L.Joe cause purple L.Joe is my favorite L.Joe (seriously, he nails the hair color perfectly!)

A little side note, I love looking for dresses. It's so much fun! (Looking at all the pretty dresses you won't ever be able to afford or fit into... Yeah, so much fun... >.<)

 

Now, onto the serious stuff... This story has 44 subbies already!!!

Omo, I never thought this would happen, but it did! I love writing it myself, so I'm really happy you guys can enjoy it too ^.^

I've noticed that many writers thank each subbie after subscribing, and I never did that... ㅠ.ㅠ Now you guys are too many, and I don't want to bore you by writing a thank you message for everyone... So just know how much I love you guys~~ *heart-throwing time!*

 

Here's a little pic spam to thank you all~ (and sorry for my long speech, I talk a lot... )

 

Our awesome, fierce, but freaking cute, gummy smiled leader Yonggukkie~~

 

Our cutest, handsome-est, talented yet dorky commander Himchannie~~

 

Our weird, funny, loud, hungry Busan Wonbin Daehyunnie~~

 

Our bright, intelligent, chubby cheeked Youngjae-pabo~~

 

Our innocent, adorable, bright smiled dummy and amazing dancer Jonguppie~~

 

Last, but of course not least, our cute, adorable, badass, super tall, awesomely talented maknae-on-top...

Our Baby Zelo~~ (I'm not his noona, shouldn't be calling him baby, but oh well... )