Lunch break ♥

I might hate you

I'm sorry for the delay. I'm still not done with my finals, but it's Friday night and I just thought that I couldn't wait too long with postponing this story, who knows my readers might forget that this fic even existed *sigh* I hope this chappie is going to make it up with you guys, and when finals are over, I'm having my summer break, so that means updates ~ I'm done with my finals next Friday so yeah ... ♥ 

###

 

"Hey Jonghyun," I heard someone calling out to me.
I turned around, searching for the source of the voice as I came face to face with Krystal's pretty countenance.
I smiled at her warmly, tucking my hands in my pockets as I cocked an eyebrow, making her clear to speak up.
It was around 9 AM and I was heading to the canteen for breakfast, I didn't hesitate to make a stop at the girls department.
Today was Monday, and me and Sulli have the same classes on Monday, so we always go together.
"When is your last class ?" she asked me, a hair binder between her teeth as she was making a ponytail.
I frowned, thinking for a couple of seconds, "2 PM, why ?"
"Oh, " she said, as if she was disappointed, "well, I thought you wanted to go to the park ... ?" She stated hesitantly.
I slapped my forehead, "oh yeah of course ! I totally forgot !" I flailed my arms in the air, "let's just go during lunch break okay ?"
Her disappointed face immediately changed into a flashing smile as she nodded enthusiastically, taking off to God knows where.
I laughed, giving her the peace sign before barging through Sulli's door.
"Yo chicka ! What's taking you so long ?" I shouted through her shared room, plopping down on her messy bed.
"Yo dino ! I'm in the bath room ~" She responded me, voice muffled by the door separating us.
I chuckled, laying my head down on her pillow, closing my eyes.
I didn't bother Sulli being ultra slow at the moment, I definitely still needed a little bit of rest.
I closed my eyes, enjoying the silence (except for Sulli's rummaging through what sounded like a bag with shampoo bottles or all that health care, body lotion, skin hydrating girl-stuff.)

After a couple of minutes, I heard the bathroom door creak open and Sulli entered the room.
I glanced up, raising my body from her bed and stood up "Ready ?"
She gave me a suave nod with a cute smile and opened the door.
I chuckled at how she, again, forgot or didn't bother to lock her door.
I already told her that a billions of times, a long with the lecture that if somebody steals something, that we all had warned her, but yet, she always forgets to lock it.

We entered the canteen, much to our surprise there were only a couple of people.
I blinked a couple of times when we went through the heavy folded doors when I only spotted a bunch of ninth graders and seniors, but shrugged it off.
Sulli tugged at my sleeve, "God, where is everybody ?" She whispered as if it was a secret.
I raised my shoulders, indicating that I didn't know either.
We just sat down and started eating.
I couldn't help but feel a bit empty inside,
I bet it's because of not seeing my crush his pretty face in the morning.

###

"Hey Jonghyun hyung," a soft voice called me, I definitely recognized the voice, at how it flowed through my ears like music, I turned around with a big smile on my face, locking eyes with Kibum.
"Where are you heading to ?" He asked me briefly, looking kind of exhausted.
I blinked a couple of times, "I don't know to be honest," it came out rather disorientated than expected, "I think I'm just going to Heechul." I added.
He nodded understanding, "well then, ... I think I'm just going back to practice then." He grinned, giving me a small smile before turning around.
"W-wait Kibum !" I exclaimed, I didn't even know why I called him back, but I couldn't just let him go, could I ?
He turned around, one eyebrow a bit higher than the other as he looked at me, awaiting for me to speak.
"I ... Uh, well ... Have fun." I got out awkwardly.

Wow, didn't I look like a fool.

He raised his eyebrows in confusion, but it soon turned into a cute smile with chubby cheeks as he returned to the practice room.
I stood there for a while, dumbfounded.
And I just hoped that I didn't look like the loser whom I thought I was at the moment.

I dragged myself to Heechul who was still teaching little kids with their fairytale dance.
I chuckled, entering the practice room as I saw Heechul standing in the middle of it with little girls wearing cute little princess dresses crowding around him squealing things like 'oppaaa !! ~'
Heechul turned around at the sound of my footsteps, letting out an exaggerated sigh, rolling his eyes.
"Look ! Look what I brought myself into !" He shouted helplessly.
There was an evil smirk plastered on my face, "your fault ~" I sing sang, giving him a wink.
I placed myself on one of the benches, as I continued watching the herd around the black haired guy.
"Girls, girls," He finally spoke up to the little kids, "Sit down." He commanded.
Suddenly everything became quiet and they all sat down obediently like puppies.
Wow, was Heechul becoming an awesome teacher or was it just that the kids had a really great education so that they listened immediately ?
Probably statement 2.
I was pretty bored, I didn't even know why I was there.
I decided to leave after half an hour, not without laughing at Heechul who was pleading me to stay and to not leave him behind with all those unicorns, gown dresses and rainbows.

It was when finally the bell indicated that period was over, that I sauntered towards the canteen.
Kibum was leaning against the wall next to the heavy folded doors, I glanced up at him, taking in his everlasting beauty, and felt my stomach filling up with butterflies.
He walked towards me, smiling and nudging at my elbow to come, not without noticing the raised eyebrow.
He frowned, "You said we would go somewhere during lunch break yesterday ?" He made me remember.
My lips formed a small 'o' as I wasn't thinking clearly and nodded, letting him drag me to the main entrance.
I followed behind him, taking in the sight of his back.
I eyed him from head to toe.
From his blonde hair to his long neck, broad shoulders and petite waist.
My eyes found their way this luscious hips and stopped at his gorgeous ... gorgeous , swaying as he was leading me to ... I didn't even remember.
It made me bumping into his back for me to come out of ecstasy again, "Ow." I brought out as I rubbed my nose.
"Sorry," He giggled, turning around his hand gliding from my wrists to slide into my hand.
A cute pink colored his cheeks as I intertwined them, now being the one in lead as I pulled him to the main entrance.
We left the building laughing, hands clasped together.

###

Kibum really got Jonghyun high, he wasn't thinking clearly. How could he forget his Krystal ?

The girl was standing at the lockers near the main entrance, waiting for Jonghyun to show up.
But he didn't.
Jonghyun just left.
She saw Jonghyun leaving with Kibum, and she didn't miss their hands fitting perfectly.
Jonghyun, how could you. How could you be such a jerk.

###

He was bouncing up and down as I placed myself on the grass of the park which was situated next to a lake.
There were no people here, except for an old couple on a bench, feeding the ducks and a little family having a picnic on the other side of the field.
I sighed at the view in front of me, finally I could have some rest.
I was so caught up with all those dances and homework, that I definitely needed a break.
And nothing is better than sharing that with the most beautiful person you ever met, isn't it ?
Kibum sat down next to me, looking amused at the old couple on the bench.
"They're so cute." He whispered, secretly pointing at the two old persons.
I grinned, nodding.
I lay down on the grass carefully, letting the sun and the presence of Kibum bring me into a deep slumber.
I didn't expect it to end up with looking at Kibum's hands.
He took my hand in his, examining my fingers as he scrunched his nose, "You've got small hands."
I opened my eyes, pulling my hand out of his and holding it in front of my face.
I rose and took his hand, comparing them.
He chuckled, letting out a giggle when I poked him, "That's because you've got girly hands."
My God, he had long slender fingers and perfect nails. How girly can you be ?
He withdrew his hand, seeming somewhat offended, I flicked his chin with my finger and shot him a wink,
"Don't worry, they're beautiful."
A crimson red found its way to his cheeks as I complimented him. I flicked the hair out of my eyes and locked eyes, "You're pretty." I got out in a bare whisper, secretly hoping that he didn't heard me, but then again, it was addressed to him and I was completely sane when I said it out loud, so maybe I did want him to hear it.
And yes, he heard it.
He started down at his crossed legs, hiding the blush.
The only thing I could do was chuckle at his cuteness or stay silent out of embarrassment,
eventually I let out an embarrassed chuckle.
Kibum's head shot up, a smile visible on his gorgeous features as he leaned in to give me a chaste kiss on the cheek before jumping on his feet and walking towards the edge of the lake, as if he didn't do a thing.
I sat there, cheeks flushed.
I could feel myself heat up, his lips felt so soft. I wanted to touch them.

###

Krystal couldn't put her finger on it.
Why was he holding hands with the new guy ?
Why was he laughing with the new guy ?
And most of all,
why was he with the new guy ?
Were they secretly friends ? Seemed ...
It was all too much for her,
not only the fact that Jonghyun was laughing, holding hands and running out of the school building with a Sophomore,
but the fact that Jonghyun, the guy she is crushing on for already 4 years, had forgotten their little walk in the park.
What made this boy so special for Jonghyun to forget her ?
It hurt her, it hurt her really deep.
Couldn't Jonghyun see ? Couldn't he see that he was hurting her ? All though he always said that she was like a sister to him,
he was definitely not treating her like one.
She entered the canteen, instantly spotting the table where Onew, Heechul and Sulli were sitting and took the seat next to Heechul.
"Yo mamasita," The black haired boy sitting beside her stated, poking his elbow in her waist, his eyes focused on his tray of food.
When he noticed Krystal not giving a kick, he faced her, eyebrows knitted together, "What's wrong ?"
She just sighed, "Nothing,"
The wise old man, aka Onew, spoke up, "Jonghyun issues ?"
Krystal just nodded, stealing Sulli's watter bottle for only to drink out it herself.
Heechul snickered, "Let it go," ignoring Onew's scolding looks just like Krystal ignored the protests Sulli gave her when she stole her water bottle.
There was a silence, except for the clinging sounds of the cutlery against the plates and the laughter of the students seated at the tables next to theirs.
"There's something wrong with Jonghyun." Krystal eventually got out, voice a bit trembling.
Sulli looked up, "Are you still stuck up with that silly thing in your head Kris ? Why do you think there's something wrong with Jonghyun ?"
Heechul nodded in agreement, facing the raven haired one, "Except for the fact that he's being an obnoxious, nervous wreck that is. But I bet that's because of the stress."
Krystal eyed him in suspicion. Jonghyun's being an obnoxious and nervous wreck lately ?
"... I don't know. He acts so different."
Onew shrugged, "Maybe Heechul is right, I bet he's just stressed out with all these dances and with school. Just let him be Krystal."
No. Jonghyun is not just stressed out. Jonghyun is in love. and she was sure about it.

###

"Kibummie," I laughed, "come back here, that cat doesn't like you !"
The younger boy pouted, walking away after the strange cat he noticed slipped away in the bushes.
"That cat was cute ! I wanted to touch it !"
I smirked, taking his hand into mine as I fiddled a bit with his fingers before intertwining them, "Let's go ?"
I asked a bit embarrassed, but he nodded cutely, so I pulled him with me.
I swayed our hands back and forth as we walked down the path, ignoring the awkward silence.
There weren't many people here, so we didn't had to be afraid if someone of school bumped into us.
We were both pretty sure that people of school didn't come here. We rather hoped than believed it to be honest.

###

"Okay, where the is Kibum ?" Jessica exclaimed annoyed, her voice echoing through the large practice room.
As in order, everybody started to twist their heads, as if they would find Kibum next to them.
What was wrong with these people. Of course Kibum isn't just going to stand there beside them.
Bunch of retards.
"Donghae !! I thought that you promised me you would gather everybody around in this practice room at 1 pm !"
She shouted at the guy who looked at her in a manner that told her to calm down and stop screaming her head off.
"I told him. I bet he just forgot." He eventually stated calmly, "Let's just begin."
Jessica let out an exaggerated sigh, shaking her head before clasping her hands together to get everybody 's attention.
They had to practice for the dance battle which only the Sophomores were allowed to participate.
Everybody was in the large practice room, except for Kibum. Perfect, just perfect.
Jessica gritted her teeth before pressing the play button.

###

"Minho," Taemin whispered, but he whispered it so loud, that it was actually a useless attempt to stay quiet, "Pssssh Minho !" He called out again.
The tall guy slowly turned his head to the other boy's direction, cocking an eyebrow.
"Do you know where Kibum went off to ?"
They were both still sitting in the large practice room, taking a break.
Jessica was pissed out, everybody could tell, and if Jessica was pissed, you had to watch out because she was literally the spawn of the devil during those little moments.
Minho shrugged, turning his back towards the fragile boy who wasn't all too happy with his best friend ignoring him like that.
"Maybe he's with Jonghyun hyung again ?" He continued, trying to catch the other's attention again.
Minho remained silent. Maybe ...

"Okay people, I decided to not at you guys," Jessica begun talking with all the body language she had.
Some kids snickered, whispering things like 'yeah right, she's already ing at us the whole hour, what is she talking about.'
"But I swear, if tomorrow not everybody is in this ing room on time, I can assure you that I'm going to choke a ." She added furiously.
Some people gasped, some giggled, but it was definitely not something laugh about.

Jessica was the responsible one for the whole dance battle thing.
She had to rearrange everything on her own,
the dances, the training, the transport to the whole dance battle thing, everything.
The principal has appointed her to be the one being in charge,
so she had to do it right.

Nobody knew where Kibum was. And he wouldn't be there tomorrow, he'd be in big trouble.

###

"You do realize that I missed 2 periods because of you, don't you ?" I grinned, facing him and also intertwining my other hand with his soft one.
His eyes widened, "really ?" He asked concerned, and I chuckled at his cuteness.
"Doesn't matter," I let go of his hand and swept away a strand of hair out of his face.
I didn't know since when I became so touchy with him, but it felt right, so I never let a chance where I could be close to him slip through my fingers like that.
And since he didn't let out any complaints, I wasn't planning on stopping of coming closer to him when I had the chance to.
Suddenly he backed away, eyes narrowed, "I think ... I forgot to go to practice."
He thought a while before shrugging and coming closer to me again.
I smiled, and we returned to school before evening would fall.

###

We entered the school building, the sky was colored pink and orange.
It was beautiful and quite romantic, but I didn't bother to get all cheesy now.
There were a couple of guys smoking outside, but they didn't see us.
We sneaked inside and burst out in a ray of laughter when we managed to sneak in as subtle as possible.
We both clutched our stomach, leaning against each other when suddenly a cough was heard which caught our attention.
Donghae was standing right in front of us, arms crossed over his chest clothes with a white tee, eyebrow cocked.
I straightened my back, clearing my throat as the guy kept looking at us.

Kibum was a bit confused and didn't know what to until the intruder spoke up, "I don't know, and dont' want to, know what you guys did or were doing. But Kibum, you missed practice. Jessica is going to cut your face tomorrow if you won't be there on time. You pretty hard messed up by missing training. You obviously don't know how Jessica get when something doesn't accords to plan. All the Sophomores are ready to kick your pretty because we had to deal with evil itself that is Jessica." He looked me from head to toe in a disgusted manner and snorted, not sparing me another glance before turning around, going into one of the corridors.
I rolled my eyes, "That doesn't sounds good."
The younger boy nodded, letting out a sigh.
"I'm going to sleep. It was really fun." He smiled lovingly.
He then, again, leaned forward and gave me a kiss on the corner of my lip.
Cheeks flushed, he muttered something incoherent and quickly fled into the same corridor the other boy turned into.
Jonghyun was once again, dumbfounded.

I rubbed my face in confusion, going up the stairs when I bumped into someone holding a basket filled with clothes.
A pretty face peeked from behind the pile of shirts and hoodies and I recognized Krystal.
I bowed in apology and ran a hand through my blonde locks.
"Where did you came from ?" She asked me monotone.
Wow, why suddenly so harsh.
"Uh ..."
"I haven't seen you from this morning." She spat.
Why was she being so ... Oh .
This morning.
Oh god, I totally forgot. How could I forget our walk in the park ...
Perfect Jonghyun, you ruined it.
"Oh god Kris ..." I hid my face in my hands. I was tired.
Today was tiring and exhausting, all though that Kibum was next to me the whole time.
Never knew that being in love could be so so ... so tiring.
"Leave it." She cut me off.
"Kris, I'm really sorry. I just you know ..."
"What, Jonghyun ? You just what ?"
I sighed, not knowing what to say.
She too, let out a sigh.
Her voice was much softer when she spoke up again, "Jonghyun , ... I saw you with Kibum, leaving the building."
My arms dropped next to my body and looked her straight in the eyes.
"Wh-wha-"
"You seem to have a pretty great time with him." She stated, a hint of sadness and disappointment in her voice.
"Look, Krystal, it's not what it looks like."
"Jonghyun, you do realize he's a Sophomore ?"
So, suddenly it's about the fact that he's a Sophomore ?
Was this feud so important ?
She didn't bother that Kibum was a boy ?
Or worse, that he forgot their little walk.
 
No, Krystal didn't forget that. It was engraved in her mind.
She just didn't want to talk about how important their 'little date' was for her,
Jonghyun would just nod and sigh now and then, he doesn't understand her. He doesn't know that he had hurt her. Hurt her really deep.
 
"I do realize he's a Sophomore, Krystal." I said bravely.
"Wh-why a Sophomore ! They're all jerks," She said desperately, on the verge of crying.
And I seriously don't know why she was ready to break into tears.
Probably because it was all too much for her.
After I let her down, and now this. Kibum . a Sophomore. God ... I messed up.
"And, and especially those girls ! They all think they're so awesome and and ... and perfect and they think they can get every guy and ... and well with their stupid tight tops and large s acting like ... like ... " Krystal started ranting, not aware of what was coming out of , I silenced her, "Krystal," I let out a tired chuckle, "I don't need to know about their s,"
She nodded, sniffing.
"I'm going to sleep. Night." I stated, squeezing her hand.
She looked so vulnerable and hurt. I felt like a total jackass.
If it weren't for the basket, I would've hugged her.
I felt ed up for hurting her,
but on the other hand,
I felt like I was reborn,
Kibum was bringing me to live.

###

 
A/N : wow, finally an update . sorry, I made thousands and billions and gaaah of spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes. There are heaaaps of it but it's already late, and well, I have to get up early since I have to study for my finals. I'm sorry, I hope you can bear with me.
I promise I'll update when I'm done with my finals (which is next week)
Please, comment, because I really need it now.
If you want me to update soon because I just can't work on a chapter if I have the feeling that nobody reads my story *sigh*
 
okay bye. and again, sorry for the spelling and grammar. I didn't reread it at all, and I seriously need someone to beta my fics because I , lol.