A Rival?!

Unwanted Attention

The first thing I noticed about the classroom was the abundance of windows. More than I would have expected from a mid-city school. Second thing, was the creeper-ish look from all the male students. All except Jae's boyfriend. Their eyes were almost popping out of their skulls. Have they never seen a blonde in person before? It probably would have been even better if I were from the United States. Jae was saying they loved having out-of-the-country students come. That certain student always atracted an abundance of attention until about a month into the term. Jae nudged me farther forward, I hadn't even noticed that I had stopped midway to my destination; the center of the front of the room. I blushed and dropped my head for a midsecond, then recollected myself and continued. This was going to be harder than I thought.
 

Mr. Hong cleared his throat, waiting for me to continue with what we had 'rehearsed' earlier.

"Oh!" I facepalmed myself mentally and bit my lip. The class watched me expectantly. It was so quiet, that I swear I could hear a pen drop. "I'm Bindi." I looked over at Jae where she had taken her seat near the front of the classroom. "I am an exchange student from Germany. . ." I could feel myself begin to panic. I really had no idea what I was going to tell them. My panicked eyes danced around the classroom until they found Mr. Hong. He gave me an understanding smile.

"Do you have any hobbies?" Mr. Hong inquired. My brow furrowed. I loved blogging, but I haven't touched my blog in at least a month. I've been so busy with this new life, it's been rather difficult to get online. I couldn't say that. Listening to music definately wouldn't count. Saying I like to 'write' would earn the possibilty that they would request to see my writing. I couldn't allow for that. The writing I would show them is far too personal for an ice-breaker. My mouth went dry as I shuffled through my brain, trying to find at least one thing to say.

"She is really good at poetry. She has showed me a few of her poems that she has written." Jae stepped in. Thank God, that girl always has my back. I can't believe I didn't even think of my poetry. I'm not that great at it, but it is still something. I nodded, obviously looking about as dumbfounded as I feel. My hand went instinctively up to my hair and fluffed it around a bit, a nervous habit. Mr. Hong chuckled to himself and nodded.

"Allright, Bindi, you can have a seat over there next to Mr. Choi." He gestured to a boy in the second row from the back and second column in. That would make me in the second row and third column. The boy nodded and made a swift gesture that I would be next to him. I straightened out my skirt, and made my way over to the desk, muttering a quick thank you to Mr. Hong. Almost as if rubbing the embarassment in my face, a foot came out as I passed by and tripped me. I hit the floor face first. Dragging out a quick, loud, burst of laughter from the class. I pulled myself up too quickly for anyone else to react in any other way other than laughter and slid into my seat as swiftly as I could without looking like it had hurt me in any way. I sure hope this isn't how the rest of this year is going to go. It could be a rather long year.

Classes passed by slowly, only to lead to lunch. Everyone began heading to the cafeteria in a mad rush. Jae slowed down with Sang Ki, her boyfriend, to wait for me to catch up. I laughed nervously when she approached me. For once, she wasn't being over exuberant. She rubbed my shoulder. Over the past month, she had learned that words would never comfort me. I shook my head and relaxed my shoulders.

"Gosh, what a first impression. Not only am I looking like a ditz, but I am going to be percieved as a klutz too." Sang Ki snickered and shook his head. Jae followed up his rejection to that idea.

"They don't think you're a ditz. Mr. Hong was telling them not to expect the most 'put together' person anyways. It's always hard to come and do this. Leave all that you know behind and come to some foreign city. You can't expect to be perfect all the time." Wrong, I could. I have done it my whole life, I don't think I will stop doing it any time soon. I shook my head and counted the tiles as we made our way to the cafeteria.

After retrieving my lunch, some bulgogi, I followed Jae and Sang Ki to some familiar faces with the exception of some new ones. Eun Mi was waved at me, Mi Sun had the same blank expressionless face as she had last time I met her.

"I heard what happened!" Eun Mi squeeled the moment we sat down. I could feel a sense of dread wash over me. How could something like me tripping already have reached other classes? My expression must have shown the dread I was feeling for she paled a tad after her little outburst.

"Tripping isn't that big of a deal..." I muttered, trying to figure out a way to cover for myself. Confusion crossed her face.

"Tripping? No! I was talking about the deal with you and Jae's brother!" I raised an eyebrow at this. I looked over at Jae to try and get things straight.

"I never said anything about it." Her voice grew a little shrill. The 'it' we were talking about was my going to be working with Big Bang at YG with Yong Sook. I peered back over at Eun Mi.

"Everyone in my class heard all about it today. This girl who has had the biggest crush on Yong Sook for so long was telling everyone what a you were for taking her boy! That they had planned to work together in the industry some day. She is so jealous." Eun Mi was definately into gossip, that's for sure. She was totally eating up her own story. "She says that Yong Sook told her about it." My brow furrowed and I looked down. Great. I'm a .

"Who is that? Don't tell me it's who I think it is..." Jae whispered. A look of doom crossed her face. Eun Mi nodded reluctantly, confirming Jae's worst fears. Jae let a deep breath and turned toward me. "This girl, Soo Yun, well Yong Sook and her went out for some time. It didn't end too well though. It ended up being that he thought of her as more of a friend. Of course, she didn't share the same view. It's obvious that she still isn't over him. I know they still talk, he is so clueless that she is still into him." She sighed deeply and stared off into deep space and dreamland. "I am so sorry for him and her together that this ended up happening. I highly doubt anyone will believe her. She is known for her gossip and uncalled for name calling. It will all probably blow over. Just be careful, though, if people do figure out that you are working with Big Bang for real though. You will have a lot of people just try and get close to you so they can meet them. That isn't really something you will want to get involved with." I nodded slowly. Intaking the loads of information.

"Speak of the devil..." Mi Sun muttered. I jumped at her extremely feminine tone. Not processing that it was her, for it was her first time really speaking. We all turned to see an extremely gorgeous, tall, and curvy girl pass by. She stared daggers at me. Her long, curly hair bounced with every step she took. She huffed as she noticed that she had gained an audience and quickened her pace away to a table across the cafeteria.

"All the boys would hail to her if they didn't know any better." Muttered Jae. I reckon I would even agree. I even noticed some of the girls eyeing her enviously. All I could remember, were her deep brown eyes. She was speaking to me, I just didn't know what.