Hallways

Unwanted Attention

I sat with Yong Sook at the YG Entertainment building. I had absolutely no idea what I was suppose to be doing as of now, but I guess I will find out sooner or later. Right now though, I feel like a decoration. I've been doing a lot of sitting on my toosh. I couldn't help but to keep thinking about Soo Yun. The way her dark eyes sliced through me, tearing me apart limb from limb before any hellos were exchanged. I peered over at Yong Sook. What does she see in him that makes her so... Scary? I don't even know the girl and she is already terrifying me.

"Yong Sooooook...!" I jumped and turned around to see the short guy, Jiyong, throwing the door open. He nodded at me with a smile and raced over to Yong Sook. "How is that plan going? For the music video?" Yong Sook pulled off his headphones and turned back toward Jiyong, already waving his hands around enthusiastically. Talking way too fast for me to understand a thing he was saying. After a few minutes of jibberish, Jiyong turned toward me swiftly. "Bindi! You should go and keep the others company..." He trailed off, obviously trying not to hurt my feelings by trying to shoo me away. I took the hint and stood up, a yawn escaping from me in the process.

Before I could even ask where to find them, Jiyong's attention was already back and focused on Yong Sook's screen. Excitement overflowing from him. I sighed and quietly made my way out the door, trying not to let the door slam closed. I let out a slow sigh, and stared blankly down the gleaming, contemperary hall. The shining dark maple floors, sparkling silver door handles with same wood tone doors, and overwhelming white walls. What was I getting myself into? I'm here in this unknown country; surrounded by people who, in a little less than a year from now, I will never see again. I exhaled deeply and decided to take a left. People always go right. So, I might as well continue defying the crowd. Boy, I'm such a rebel. I chuckled at myself. I wandered slowly down the hall, stopping in front of every door to take a listen on what was going on inside. I never heard a thing, which truly didn't surprise me. The rooms were most likely sound proofed. It made me feel more sure of where I was going though so I continued on, despite my knowing this. At the end of the hall I came to a door that was cracked open. I peered in, hoping no one was inside that would see me. There was one light on. From where I was, it appeared to be a conference room. There was no sign of anyone inside. I bit my lip, before pushing the door farther open.

A dull hum of music became evident. I peered around and quietly closed the door behind me. Records were plastered on the wall. The floor was carried through from the hall, but it seemed different in here. As if it had more character. The seats around the black, glossy, rectangular table were strewn about. Throwing off the clean asthetics of the room. Normally, this would have driven me crazy, but it gave me a strange sense of calm. I peered toward the end of the room and saw a wall to wall book case. It spanned from the floor to the top of the fifteen foot ceiling. After getting a better look at the contents of the book case, I noticed that it was full of CDs. I scanned a couple of the titles, nothing in particular catching my eye. I pulled out a random CD and examined it. It was bright pink. The title was definately beyond me, but the different textures on the case intrigued me.
"Ah, interesting choice. Never would have thought that would have caught your eye."
I dropped the CD and it hit the ground with a crack. I paled and turned around. Of all people I expected to find sitting all alone quietly in a room, Seungri. He eyed the CD, open faced on the floor. I gaped at it, as if it had just thrown itself off the shelf and stupidly kicked it off to the side. He looked up at me and small smile playing on his face.
"I think this is the first time I've ever seen you look so flustered." There was that smile again. My face flushed and I started laughing nervously.
"Well, you scared me! You can't just come sneaking up on people like that!"
"I never moved." I took a moment to think about that.
"It's the same thing..." I muttered, wondering where I had kicked that obnoxious CD off to. He grinned at me, probably feeling great for making me feel like a fool. He scared me and he knows it. I huffed and crossed my arms, staring at the far wall. A flash of pink crossed through my vision. I looked over at Seungri, who was holding out the CD for me to see. I reddened, for he had so easily figured out what my distraction was. He solved the "problem" before I had a chance to compose myself. I watched him for a moment as he stood and put the CD back to where I had pulled it from. He started to run through the collection, his back to me. I watched his neck flex as he shifted and turned to read through titles. It mesmerised me. He turned, our eyes met and held.
"Would you like to listen to something with me?"
"Sure." My heart hammered, oh, stupidity always has a way taking a hold of me.