An Unlikely LOVE Story 2

An Unlikely LOVE Story

 

CHAPTER 2

 

Dara and Seungrin enter the house and saw Bom sitting on the couch, behind her laptop, with her face wearing a frustrated expression.  She looks up when she heard them come in, she smiles immediately at the two.

 

“Hey there sister, how was it? Did you get the job?” she asks as she saw Dara make her way to the couch to join her, Seungrin follows her and sits beside her.

 

“Well, yeah, I did. But not as an ordinary maid though.” She said, answering Bom. “And how was your writing? A new article for the magazine?” she asks. Bom’s a writer in a local magazine company.

 

 “Erm… I’d rather not talk about it, I’m getting frustrated by it for hours now.” she said, making a face, and Dara laughs. “Anyway, what about the job of not being an ‘ordinary maid’? What do you mean?” Bom asks, putting her laptop on the table, eager to listen.

 

“Did she get her afternoon nap?” Dara asks Bom as she noticed Seungrin already fast asleep beside her.

 

“No, she didn’t want to unless you’re here.”

 

“She said she behaved well, I guess I’ll tell her to listen to you more.” Dara sighed.

 

“It’s okay, we’re still a bit awkward anyway…” Bom said, “Now tell me about your job again.”

 

“To be exact, I’m going to be a personal assistant.” She said, “I’m supposed to follow around a guy named Seunghyun and help him in whatever way I can. But I doubt if that guy would accept it because he’s too arrogant and stubborn to do so, and I don’t think we’ll get along at all because I didn’t like him the first time I saw him--!” Dara was talking so fast that Bom had to stop her for her to breath.

 

“Whoa! Okay! I get it. Now please relax, Dara.” Bom said, letting her relax. “Well, you seem to ahte the guy, why didn’t you just ask for another position?” she asks.

 

“Well, I can’t do that, because her mother asked me to take care of her son, and because I’m a mother too, I just can’t ask for another position.” She said, pouting.

 

“How old is the guy anyway?”

 

“25 years old.”

 

“What!? And why would he need a personal maid for?” Bom asks, surprised, she didn’t think a 25 year old needed taking care of anymore.

 

“Well, he’s sick.” Dara said, and she remembered when Seunghyun had a chest pain attack earlier, she pitied him, which lessened the dislike she felt for him somehow.

 

“Sick? Fever?” Bom raises an eyebrow.

 

“No, sick, as in a disease. I think he has some kind of heart disease.” Dara said sadly.

 

“Wow, that’s unfortunate of him…” Bom said, a hint of irony in her voice. “Are you sure you don’t want my help in finding another job?”

 

Bom actually had argued with her that she’s going to find a job for her, but Dara refused, she already helped her so much, and because she wants to be independent. “No, it’s okay… I wanna do it myself, getting on my own two feet. But thanks so much for being here Bommie.”

 

“Sure, anything for you of course. I haven’t seen you for years because of that--!”

 

“Don’t say his name please…”

 

“I wasn’t going to…” Bom said, feeling a bit bad in mentioning it. “Come on, let’s put little Seungrin to your room, and I’ll prepare you something healthy to eat. You’re too skinny my dear sister.” She said, standing up.

 

Dara laughed, she stood up and bent down to carry Seungrin, they both proceeded to the room opposite to Bom’s where she and Seungrin stayed.

 

“You go ahead, I’m just going to change.” Dara said, after putting down Seungrin on the bed.

 

“Okay, I’ll call you when I’m finished.” She smiled and left.

 

Dara smiled, she was glad that she has a sister like Bom. She sat on the bed and she thought of what happened that day.

 

“Aish… I have to always be with that cold guy…” she muttered.

 

With what happened that day, she knows that they won’t be getting along at all.

 

“Maybe I should ask for another position…” she thought what Bom suggested. But then she remembered the desperate look on Seunghyun’s mother’s face while she reasoned with him. She sighed, she was a mother a too, like she said earlier, she understands.

 

She stood up and started to change. She stopped and remembered something. She’s going to start tomorrow, and she was instructed that she’s going to live there.

 

She looks at Seungrin , who was peacefully sleeping on the bed.

 

“Okay… How am I going to tell her?”

 

&&

 

Seunghyun stomps down the stairs, calling out for his mom, he was really frustrated by his mother’s actions, he was old enough to take care of himself. He didn’t need a personal maid to take care and help him out.

 

“Eomma!” he shouted.

 

A maid saw him and quickly approached him, she handed him a note. “Sir, your mother told me to give this to you. She just left.”

 

“Left? Where did she…” he trailed off as he started to read the note.

 

Seunghyun-ah, please behave like a good kid. I will be away because of your father’s business. Don’t tire yourself, and listen to Dara. Love, eomma.

 

Seunghyun put his hand to his face, and sighed in frustration. He looks at the maid and dismissed her. The maid then bowed and left.

 

“like a kid…” he muttered, reading the note again. He hated it when his mother would treat him like he’s just 13 years old. It was ridiculous. But he also knows why she does it. He sighed, ‘She still can’t get over it.’

 

He decided to go back to his room, but then he remembered there were guys that are going to destroy his wall and will replace it with a door. He goes to the study room instead.

 

He sat down in his chair that was once his father’s. His father already died,because of a disease. And now it was he and with the help of his mother that’s managing his businesses.

 

“He died because of a disease…” he said quietly.

 

He didn’t like think of it, but he knows that he also has a disease. He just doesn’t know what. And he’s determined to know what.

 

He picks up the phone and dialed the family doctor’s number. It rings twice before it was answered.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Hyungnim… it’s me, Choi Seunghyun…” he said.

 

“Oh, Seunghyun-ssi… what can I do for you?” the man in the other line asks.

 

“Are you free tomorrow? I mean, can I make an appointment?” he asks.

 

“Yeah, but only in the morning, is that okay?”

 

“Yeah, sure. 9 am is alright.” He said.

 

“Okay, see you tomorrow.”

 

“Sure.” He said and hung up.

 

&&

 

The next day, Dara woke up early. She had to be at the house at 8 am. She got to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for all of them.

 

While preparing she was surprised when she heard Seungrin call her. “Good morning eomma!” she greeted her with a bright smile.

 

“Omo, good morning, you’re awake early.” She said and smiled back. She always like seeing her daughter smile, it’s what keeps her waking up in the morning, wanting to see it every day. She goes back to cooking, “Sit down while eomma cooks breakfast. You must be hungry, you didn’t eat last night.” She said, and the little girl complied.

 

After a while, she realized she still had to talk to her about her staying in the Choi mansion for a week, well, she was supposed to live there, but she’ll just make an excuse to be able to go home on weekends. She glanced at Seungrin and saw that she was playing with the plates and utensils on the table. She had to make it easy for her to understand.

 

She finished cooking and put the food on the table, she sat beside Seungrin and they start eating.

 

Good thing she packed her thing the night before, while she was sound asleep, seeing her pack might scare her. And she already informed Bom about the arrangement.

 

She looks at the little girl beside her, happily eating. And she can’t help but smile. She had to tell her now. “Seungrin-ah…” she called.

 

“Ne eomma? What is it?” Seungrin looks up from up from her food, her big eyes looking at her.

 

“Uhh, can eomma go away for a while and you stay here with Auntie Bom?” she asks, she thought this was the best question she could come up with. She looks at her nervously, which was ridiculous since she was just talking to her 3 year old daughter and not someone older than her.

 

“What do you mean eomma?” Seungrin looks at her questioningly. The happy expression she wore was gone.

 

“Well… eomma has to go somewhere for… 5 days.” She said, holding up her hand with her five fingers showing in front of Seungrin. “And you have to stay here to count the days while I’m away until I come back again.” She smiled, it was good that she was already learning her numbers.

 

“But that’s hard eomma!” Seungrin pouted.

 

Dara laughed and pinched Seungrin’s cheek. “That’s okay baby. You have Auntie Bom to help you.”

 

“But, Auntie’s always with her lappytop.” She said, pouting even more.

 

Someone laughs and they both turned to see Bom as she goes inside the kitchen. She sat down opposite to the two.

 

“Don’t worry Seungrin-ah, I promise I’ll help you count.” She said, winking at Dara. “And maybe we’ll even play.” She smiled.

 

“Really Auntie?” Seungrin’s face brightened up and again and smiled.

 

“Don’t worry baby, Auntie always keeps her promises.” Dara said, then added, “Most of the time.” She grinned.

 

“Ya!” Bom glared at her, and then laughs.

 

And nothing could be heard from the kitchen but happy laughs of the three.

 

&&

 

Seunghyun finishes wearing his clothes and he was ready to leave when he heard noises in the next room. He frowned, the new maid’s here, HIS new maid to be exact. And he really didn’t want one.

 

And before he could go out of his room, the new door connecting to his room and the other room opened, and there he saw Dara peeking.

 

‘She looks like a kid…’ he commented, with her baby face and small figure, anyone could mistake her a high school student.

 

“Oh, you’re already awake. Are you going somewhere?” Dara asks, he was sure that her voice sounded a bit nervous.

 

“Yeah, I was just about to leave actually.” He said, ‘Until you came…’ he thought, walking to the door, and was about to open it when Dara called him.

 

“I was told specifically by your mom to be wherever you are.” She said sternly.

 

‘Wow, so the kid look is just a façade. She sounds like a mother.’ He thought.

 

“Whatever, joine me if you want.” He said and left the room.

 

Dara was about to say something then, but closed , he already left anyway. “Aish, he didn’t even let me prepare!” she said, and immediately exits the room and follows him, wondering as to where he, they, were going.

-tbc-

 

a/n: uwa~ im soooo vey sorry for the VERY LATE update! >< aigoo.. been busy.. a bit ><

anway.. im really not feeling it.. T^T do you guys really think i still shold continue it? but i'll still most likely will.. ><

please expect another long update >< im sorry T^T

THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH FOR READING~ I REALLY APPRECIATE IT ^^