An Unlikely LOVE Story [1/?]

An Unlikely LOVE Story

 

CHAPTER 1

 

Choi Seunghyun is his name, he’s a rich man, with a good job. He’s mature enough to take care of himself already, he was 25 years old. He is independent. But the situation for him now was entirely out the definition of independent for him. He sighed and looked at his mother again.

 

“Eomma, tell me again why is this necessary?” he asks, his face serious.

 

“Seunghyun dear, I told you, it’ll be convenient for you to have a nan—I mean personal maid. It’ll lessen your work, and you won’t be so tired so much.” His mother said, trying to convince him.

 

“Personal maid or nanny, it still makes me look like a kid, which is I’m not eomma. I’m old enough to take care of myself. I’m 25 years old!” He said, his irritation getting to him. He remembered how he got in this situation again. “I’m alright eomma, I promise not to tire myself okay? Now please, just dismiss--”

 

“No, as your mother, you’ll do as I say.” Her mother said sternly. “You’re still my son as long as I’m alive, and you will obey me Choi Seunghyun. Dara will be your personal maid and that’s final!” his mother stood up and left the room, leaving him and the new maid. He looks at her with irritation.

 

“Uhm…” Dara, the maid awkwardly said. She looks at Seunghyun uneasily. “I’m--”

 

“Don’t bother, I’ll give you your wage for the first month, don’t come here tomorrow. I’ll talk to my mom.” He said and stood up.

 

“No.” she said.

 

Seunghyun was surprised. Did he hear her right? “What did you say?”

 

“I said no. I’ll take care of you just like your mother said, whether you like it or not.” She said, her voice with conviction. She stood up like him, looking at him straight in the eyes.

 

Seunghyun was surprised again, never has a maid talk to him like that. He wanted to say something, but decided against it. He was really pissed off now. “Whatever. Do what you want.” He said and left the room.

 

Dara heaved out a sigh. She needs this, badly. And she wasn’t going to give up. Whatever personality her master has, she has to endure.

 

&&

 

Seunghyun arrived in his room. He flops down in bed, lying on his back, he panted. He sighed, he instantly remembered the events that caused the events today.

 

It was a family party, their relatives came and so did some of their business partners. It was a celebration for Seunghyun’s birthday.

 

He greeted everyone, smiled and enjoyed himself. But he was feeling different, he thought it was just because of the alcohol he drank. But he was wrong. He moved through the crowd, he decided to go outside, to get some fresh air. But he was slowly losing focus, it seems that his vision is getting blurry, all the people started to notice and came closer to him, which just made it hard for Seunghyun. His chest began to squeeze tight, he clutched his chest, and cried out in pain, and before he knew it, he fainted.

 

The next thing he knew was he woke up in a room with white walls and the smell of disinfectant lurking around it. He was in the hospital.

 

He stayed for a week with the pleading from his mother. He wanted to go back and work, but he thought it would be good to have a short vacation.

 

His mother didn’t tell him what the doctor said, she said he just fainted because of fatigue. He didn’t know why his mother didn’t tell him though, but he didn’t think much about it and just relaxed for a week.

 

Seunghyun’s eyes open as he returned to reality. Something was wrong, he can feel it. His mother is acting suspiciously. And he’s going to know what it was.

 

He sat up, only to be greeted by a throbbing pain in his chest. The feeling was familiar, it was the same pain he felt in his birthday. He clutched his chest, as he tried to suppress his pain. But it was hurting to much that he cried out in pain.

 

One question clouded his mind, what was happening to him?

 

&&

 

Dara was told to head to the head maid to get started already, she complies and reported to the head maid. The head maid just told her some basic instructions and gave her the uniform they were using. She changed in it and headed for Seunghyun’s room.

 

Honestly, she doesn’t have any idea as to what to do with him, he was right, he was old enough to take care of himself, and she thought she was going to take care of a kid, not a 25-year-old man. But nevertheless, she had to do her job, she needs it.

 

 She follows the instruction as to where his room was, and she finally reached it. She was going to knock when she heard a faint scream inside. Her ears alarmed as she heard it and she immediately opened the door and goes inside. And the scene she saw was something she did not expect in her first day.

“S-Seunghyun-ah!” she returned back to her senses and goes to him. He was lying on the floor, clutching his chest, panting hard.

 

She helps him get up on his bed for him to be at least comfortable. But he was still in pain, and she didn’t know what to do. She debated whether to go out and get help, but she was scared at what might happen to him if she left.

 

“Omo… what do I do…” she muttered as she sat beside him, panicking and doesn’t know what to do. “Okay, just wait here, I-I’m going to call for an ambulance--” she was about to go when his hand clutched her wrist, stopping her.

 

“N-no—there’s medi… cine… in the drawer…” he said, in between pants. It took so much effort for him. But just to prevent her from calling an ambulance that will just panic his mother.

 

She nodded and goes to the drawer to get it. She successfully found it and helped him to swallow it. And after a while, she could feel him relaxing. He rests his head on her lap, still panting.

 

“H-how are you feeling?” she asks.

 

“Fine.” He said, after a while, he sat up and looks at her. “Don’t tell them about this, to anyone. Understood?”

 

She nodded. “I-is there anything you want--?”

 

“No, just leave. I’m going to sleep.” He said, and lay down on his bed. She stood up and left.

 

&&

 

Dara didn’t do anything until the end of the day, so she just told them she’s going home and will be back tomorrow.

 

“Don’t forget, you’re going to live here starting tomorrow.” The head maid said.

 

“Yes, I won’t.” she said, and bid goodbye. She left.

 

On the way home, she thought of what happened earlier, she could feel her heart race just remembering it. The only question was, was Seunghyun sick? If so, why didn’t they just hire a nurse or something? What can an ordinary maid do?

 

She honestly didn’t know the answer, but she brushes it off. Maybe he was just too tired. She heard that he’s the CEO of the company that his father left him.

 

‘Maybe it’s really not that bad…’ she thought as she got out of the bus and walks to where she was staying at the moment.

 

As she was walking, she thought of Seunghyun. He was a stubborn and strict man, the one Dara doesn’t like. But it doesn’t matter for her, all she has to do, is take care of him, and when she has enough money to get by, she’ll quit her job and find a better one. The only reason she had to take the job was that she can’t find a job that fits her. All her life she was just at home, and she didn’t graduate college either.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when someone called her.

 

“Eomma!”

 

She smiled as she saw a little girl standing by the stairway of the apartment, the girl smiled brightly as she saw Dara. She stood up and runs to her.

 

“Eomma! I missed you!” the girl said as she hugs her.

 

Dara hugs back, and smiled. “I missed you too Seungrin.” She said, and breaks the hug. “Did you behave today? I hope you didn’t bother your aunt?”

 

“No, I didn’t. I behaved like you asked me to eomma!” Seungrin said proudly.

 

“Well, that’s good.” She said, and the two of them head to the house.

 

‘Don’t worry Seungrin-ah. I promise we’ll have a good life soon.’

 

&&

 

Seunghyun woke up after a few hours. He sat up and looks at his table, there was dinner ready for him. he was about to eat when he heard noises outside. He stood up and decided to check on it.

 

When he got out of his room, he saw a few men with tools just about to go in the room next to his. His brows creased. He walks to the next room.

 

“What are you doing?” he asks.

 

One of the workers looks at him and answered, “We’re going to build a door in this wall.” He said, pointing to the wall connecting the room and his room.

 

“WHAT!?” he exclaimed, causing the workers to jump in surprise. “Sorry… uhm, who ordered you?” he asks.

 

“Mrs. Choi.” Another worker said.

 

“Dammit!” he muttered and left the room. His mom is really getting on his nerves. He’s not going to give in with her plans, not ever. He’s going to get rid of the workers and that maid for sure.

------

a/n: okay, please dont ignore this, one question: