Truth

I'll Never Let You Go

Jonghyun helped Minhyun to lie down on his bed. He stepped back, wondering what to do. Jonghyun ran a hand through his hair, with an angry but confused face. Jonghyun went out of his room and came back quickly with an ice pack. He handed it to Minhyun, who had his hand out reaching for it. Stuffing it under his shoulder, Jonghyun pulled up a chair. Putting his hands to his face, he let out a deep sigh.

‘So……’ Jonghyun mumbled, crossing his arms.

‘Yes…?’ Minhyun replied, weakly.

‘What is exactly going on between you two?’

Minhyun sighed. ‘Can we not talk about this when I’m in pain?’

‘Well Minki happens to be in emotion pain!’ Jonghyun yelled.

Minhyuns’ face went pale. Jonghyun swore he could see a tear come out of his eye.

‘Emotional pain? Pfffft, because that obviously hurts more than the pain I’m in right now.’

‘I do see your point, but I was talking to him last night. He seemed very angry, and on the verge of tears.’

‘And can you not see the emotional pain I’M in Jonghyun!?!’ Minhyun screamed, his hands turning into fists.

Jonghyun ran his hands through his hair, again. He looked up. Minhyun was staring at him. Jonghyun looked at his eyes.

’I’m sure he is trying to tell me something, but I just can’t figure it out.’

‘So why are you friends with someone who is just plain cruel?’

‘This is the first time I have seen him act like this.’

‘Really? From how all the kids react around him, he really seems like he is a bully.’

Jonghyun smirked.

‘That’s not true at all.’

‘What I heard from other kids is that he is really cool, but can be a bit mean.’

‘Did they specifically say CHOI Minki?’

‘Well, not CHOI. I heard this guy at Pledis named Minki was popular, and I only said Minki when asking about him.’

Jonghyun laughed.

‘You’re a big idiot, you know that?’

‘What?’

‘The day before you came, LEE Minki popped in for a little visit, since his sister is a trainee. Everyone hasn’t stopped talking about it. So when you asked, they must have thought you were talking about LEE Minki.’

Minhyun eyes grew wide.

‘Well, who is CHOI Minki then?’

‘Well, notice how everyone around him stays away from him, and he gets mad when people go near him?’

‘Well yeah, I noticed that.’

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at Minhyun.

‘What?’

Jonghyun sighed.

‘It’s because he gets bullied. Everyone stays away from him because they think he’s weird. He gets violent when people go near him because he has been beaten up a few times. When you were looking through his music, he thought you were going to steal his iPod.’

Minhyun’s eyes widen even more. Everything made a lot more sense now to him.

‘Minki must have thought that I was bullying HIM.’

BAM!

The two looked towards the door as they heard it bang against the wall. Standing in the door way was Minki, with tears still pouring down his cheeks, and his hands in fists, looking down.

‘I told you NEVER to tell any of the new trainees about my past.’