Orange Juice

I'll Never Let You Go

‘You were lacking a bit today Choi Minki.’

I nodded. ‘It’s all that Minhyun’s guys fault- all I can think about is his stupid face.’ I thought, pulling a face.

‘I expect you to be more focused tomorrow’

‘I promise I will do better tomorrow noona.’

 

I stepped outside the Pledis building and stretched, along with a yawn. A big sigh came out of my mouth just as some female trainees crossed me. They giggled and I shot them a look. They scoffed and skipped off. I walked down the path to the bus stop. As I reached it, all the other trainees sitting got up and stood- knowing their place. I sat down and put my headphones in my ears. I laid down across the bench with the sun shining on my face. It felt nice and warm. I closed my eyes. About 30 seconds later, I felt a poke at my cheek.

‘Wake up mister sleepy head.’

 ‘Go away.’

‘Come on Choi, the bus will be here any second.’

The mysterious person poked my cheek again.

‘Oh come on. Who the fuc—‘ I yelled as I sat up. Right beside me was a skinny boy with the most godamn perfect smile. The one with a bit of rasp in his voice, my best friend- Kim Jonghyun.

‘Hey, whaddup Shiny?’

Jonghyun laughed. I called him Shiny because of his name being the same of SHINee’s Jonghyun.

‘You gotta stop calling me that. Someday I’ll be in a big coat that completely covers me, you’ll call that out, and a million girls will rush towards me- only to be disappointed.’

‘Well, one day I will call you by your name- and those girls will be chasing YOU, not SHINee.’

He smirked. I heard a screech of tires and looked up. The bus arrived.

 

-On the bus-

‘Hey, I was heading towards Japanese class and I saw through the window on the door your dance class.’

‘Really?’

‘Yeah- your class seems pretty small. I saw you at the front. You looked angry; your hands were in fists the whole time.’

‘Mhmm.’ I murmured before sipping my orange juice.

‘Who was that guy at the back? Ah... what was he wearing? Brown pants? He had brown hair? Anyway, you should know the people in your class, who was it? I’ve never seen him before.’

I rolled my eyes.

‘Arg. New guy. Hwang Minhyun. Hasn’t even been 24 hours since he started and I already hate him the most.’

‘The most? You hate some of the other trainees?’ Jonghyun looked puzzled.

 I guess- I had never mentioned hating anyone in Pledis to him before. Arg. Just that I think it’s better to not get along with anyone so you aren’t heartbroken of being apart when one debuts.

‘Nah- I don’t really hate anyone- just the Minhyun kid.’

‘What’s wrong with him? Did he do something wrong?’

‘He just doesn’t know his place. Thinking that he can push me around and up to me.’

‘Hey!’

I heard a yell from right behind me. I turned my head to see a face stuck right in front of mine. I squeezed my orange juice out of surprise. The juice squirted out of the straw all over the girl in front of me. She screamed as it got all over her head and the back of her shirt. She turned around and slapped me straight on the cheek. Meanwhile, Jonghyun was next to me bursting in laughter of the whole situation. The girl who had the orange juice all over her was sobbing while her friend had a tissue out cleaning her up. I threw the orange juice on the floor and turned around to punch the heck out of the guy who caused all this.

 

Hwang Min-ing-hyun.

 

I stood up to punch the hell out of him. Just as I raised my fist- the bus screeched to a stop. I tripped, hitting my chin on the top of the metal bar of the seat.

‘That’s my stop!’ Minhyun giggled as he stood up and zoomed off the bus.

Jonghyun was laughing so much that I could see sweat on his forehead.

‘Shut up!’ I screamed.

He stopped laughing, giggling as he tried to keep quiet. I looked around. Everyone was staring at me- again, of course. I pulled my hood over my face and much as I could, with a bit of blood dripping onto my jeans.

‘I’m going to ing kill you Hwang Minhyun.’