Surprise

I Can Never Stop Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dr. Kang continued with the procedure, but her eyebrows creased suddenly. She rolled the wand over Seohyun’s stomach again, but a little slower as if she was making sure of something. Noticing the change of the doctor’s expression, Yonghwa started to have a weird feeling. So did Seohyun.

“Is there any problem with our baby?” Yonghwa asked. Worry was evident in his voice. Seohyun glanced at her husband with worried eyes. She pressed her lips into thin line, probably trying to control herself from start crying.

Dr. Kang moved her sight from the machine to the parents and sighed. “I have news for you.”

Seohyun and Yonghwa looked directly at the doctor, giving their full attention to whatever she would say. Seohyun heart started to beat faster in her chest. She was praying in her head for her baby to be in good condition. Yonghwa on the other hand was worried if there any complication that would harm both mother and the baby.

“Well…” Dr. Kang looked at the monitor and moved her eyes to the couple. “From what I see here, the babies are okay.”

Yonghwa huffed in relief as he rubbed his face, but was oblivious of what the doctor just said. Meanwhile Seohyun froze at the statement. “Did you say, babies?” She asked the doctor and Dr. Kang nodded with a smile. “Oppa, she said ‘babies’, meaning there are two babies.” She grabbed her husband’s hand.

His eyes widened and his mouth agape. “Y-you mean…uhm…my wife is having twins?”

Dr. Kang smiled widely to the couple. “Indeed, Mr. Jung. Your wife is having a twin. And one of them is a boy.” She announced as she pointed to the monitor.

“Oh my God! Hyun, we’re having twins.” He hugged his wife. “And a boy.” His smile got bigger as he planted a kiss on his wife’s temple. He couldn’t hide the happiness he felt at that moment.

“You can see here,” Dr. Kang pointed on the screen. “...there are two heartbeats. And judging by the sound of their heartbeat, I’d say both of them are healthy and secure.”

Both, Yonghwa and Seohyun’s eyes were glued to the screen with the biggest smile on their faces. Seohyun eyes started to get teary as she listened to the thumping sound of two heartbeats. She couldn’t believe that she was carrying two humans inside her. It was really a miracle for them to have twins.

“Since you’re having twins, you’ll probably get tired easily and having normal pregnancy symptoms. So please take a very good care of yourself. You can to do exercise, but only the light one. I’ll prescribe you some vitamins to take daily.” Dr. Kang wrote something in the file. “Any question?”

Yonghwa turned his head to the doctor. “Uhm…I just wonder, how can it be twins? I mean Seohyun the only child and I only have a younger brother. And as far as I know, twins don’t run in my family history and in Seohyun’s family too. How can it even possible?”

“Well, it has to start somewhere.” Dr. Kang smiled to him. “Sometimes having twins doesn’t necessarily run in the family. It could simply be the ability of the ovary to produce two eggs and the strength of the to inseminate the eggs. It’s just science, Mr. Jung.” She explained.

“Well, that makes sense.” Yonghwa nodded with a big smile on his face. He was proud of himself after hearing the doctor’s explanation.

“Everything seems fine for now. I’ll see you on your next checkup.” She handed some tissues to Seohyun to wipe off the remaining gel on her stomach. “Congratulations.” She flashed a smile to the couple and left the room.

Once the doctor disappeared, Yonghwa helped his wife to sit and looked at her with a widest smile on his face. He can’t take his eyes off his wife. At that moment, he fell more in love with her. His heart swelled with love and care for the woman he was once thought he had no chance with.  

Seohyun noticed her husband’s gaze while she was wiping clean the gel on her stomach. She glanced up at him “Why are you smiling?” She asked as she adjusting her dress.

He placed a chaste kiss on her lips. “I’m the happiest man today. I can’t believe that we’re having a twin.” He said and wrapped his arms around her small waist as she stood up from the examination bed. “You have no idea how happy I’m feeling right now. I feel so blessed to have you in my life, Hyun. Thank you for making my life better.”

“I’m happy too.” She smiled to him and touched the side of his face. “Now let’s go home and deliver the happy news to our families.”

“Yes, we should. I’m sure my mother would be screaming on the phone when I tell her we’re having twin.” He said with a giggle and put one arm around his wife’s waist, guiding her out of the room.  

 

**********************************************************************

 

After picking up their daughter from Seohyun parents’ house and delivering the big news to them, the small family of three headed home. On their way home, the couple couldn’t stop talking about their growing family. They both were so excited. Yonghwa can’t stop bragging and make jokes about how good he was to be able make two babies at once. Seohyun, as she was so used to her husband’s silly act, would rolled her eyes and laughed at his jokes.

Once they were home, Seohyun took her daughter for a bath while Yonghwa prepared the dinner. After having the dinner, Yonghwa moved to the living hall with Minhee trailing behind him. She was clingy to her father whenever he was home. The time was almost 8pm and little girl couldn’t stay awake any longer. After spending two hours of playground play-date with her father like he promised her, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter