EXO: The Pairs

AWESOME Fanfics !

Title: The Pairs [COMPLETED]

Author: REBEL4LIFE  

Characters/Pairings: HunHan, Baekyeol, Kaisoo, Sulay, Xiuchen, Taoris, Yoseb, Mungsoo, Dongwoo .

Genre(s): Fantasy, Power, Romance, Slight!Fluff, Slight!Angst, OTP12 .

Description/Opinion: I've just done reading this story a few minutes ago . I must say, it's definitely worth the time . This story is similar to other powers!au stories, yet different . There's a fine line between the similarities of these stories . However, after reading this story, it makes me craves for even more of these Power!au kind of stories to read . Though this story itself is pretty awesome . It's english standard is pretty decent as well . The ending is a bit vague, though it was never meant to have a definite ending . Pretty satisfied . /thumbs up/

 

Story's Description:

Your pair gives you power and strength. Without the other, you’ve become weaker each day. Without your pair, you’ve starting to lose your own strength. 

            Below the sea level, above the high water ground, an ancient building constructed to keep the pairs together, away from the real world.

            Six pairs, trained, eat, play, love together, waiting for the time they were to call out for their long waited missions. Nobody knows what’s the mission’s about.

            Soon the missions were changed into individual tasks to each ones. Six pairs were no longer together.

“Sire, pairs need each other. You can’t keep them apart.”

“Doojoon, these pairs have nothing to fulfill their duties. Light doesn’t go with fire neither does water and healing.” The Sire glared, “explain to me how your so-call-pairs keeps them strong.”

“Sire, for the major issue, pairs doesn’t need to be in the same category,” Doojoon explained, “why are you keeping them apart? It’s making each and everyone of them weak.”

“Doojoon, those twelve powers, if they join together into one, it’s going to be the strongest in history.” The Sire said. “I need to regenerate my inner energy to gain those powers.”

“Sire, you can’t take their power! They have a mission to accomplish.”

“Don’t worry, my child,” The Sire walked away, “it won’t take long.”

 

Story's Foreword:

Three guards marched their way to room 326. The door was frost, clear, frozen, solid ice. With a few bangs, the door opened, showing the whole room covered in white ice. A lifeless boy was sitting on the bed; his head hung low as his body limp without a soul.

“The Sire came for your tasks, 326.” One of the guards said.

The boy lifted his head weakly; his eyes were half to close as he stares at the three guards that were inside his room. He notices each one of them wearing gloves. That’s not a good sign. Without further words, one guard grabbed his left hand, as instinct, his right hand reached for the guard’s hand. His eyes shows confusions, he wanted to frost the uninvited hand but figured it was the gloves preventing it to happen. Another guard grabbed his right hand as the boy struggles free. It was a weak struggle but that didn’t make him stop.

“What are you doing? Let me go!”

“I’m sorry Xiumin. It’s the Sire’s order.” With that, the guard clips a bracelet, no; it was more of a tracker on his right wrist. Within seconds, Xiumin felt unconscious.

 

Three other guards with the same outfit went to room 921; this room was filled with electric shocks everywhere. It wasn’t dark but it was a dull color.

“Sire wanted your tasks to be completed, 921.”

There was zaps, a flashing lightening went to the speaking guards. The lightening was small and visible but it was enough to shut him up.

“Where is he?!” The person shouted. “What did you do with him?!” Another zap of lightening was aimed at the same person; he was becoming weaker after his two zaps. Without his pair, his lightening is no threat to the guards. The boy was panting as his back was leaning against the wall.

“Where is he?” He asked again with a gentler voice, still firm, but softer.

“326 had been taken care of 921. You need to come with us.”

The boy’s eyes widen, his hand formed into a firm fist with electrical waves around his hand. “What did you with Xiumin?!” The boy was about to zap another lightening, bigger than before but his right wrist was held by one of the guards he didn’t notice.

“Forgive us, Chen. It’s the Sire’s order.” The same bracelet was clipped on his wrist and he too felt unconscious.

 

That same hallway was filled with shouts and guards groaning.

“Don’t touch me!” It was coming from the room 114. The three guards that were once in 921 or Chen’s room were in the hallway, listening to the shouts. Once they’ve passed room 114, the shouting boy eyes landed on the three guards outside his room with an unconscious Chen. His eyes narrowed, he teleport to the hallway but only ended up at the doorway. “Hyung! Where are you taking him?!”

The teleport boy punched one of Chen’s guards as he tries to grabbed hold of his hyung. “Put him down!”

“114, you need to listen. It’s the Sire’s order.” The guard said.

“I’m not listening to anything until you put him down.”

The guards ignored his command as two other guards from behind grabbed each arm and clipped the bracelet on his right wrist.

 

Room 107 is the next victim; this room was quiet, plain white and calming atmosphere. The boy was sitting on the floor; his back was lean against the edge of the bed.

“The Sire gives you your task, 107.” The guard said. “Please come with us without making us use any violence.”

The boy didn’t argue, he complies the command as he stood up. His legs were weak that he had to stumble for a bit before standing in front of the guards.

“Where’s Suho?” It was a whispers, his voice was starting to give up on him also.

“522 have been taken care of.” The boy looked at guard with a little of suspicious.

“What do you mean ‘taken care of’?” The boy steps back; he knew something isn’t right.

“107 don’t make this har-“

“Lay, don’t go with them!”  Lay’s eyes gazed at the struggling boy who kept his hand with the small amount of fire in the hall. He knit his eyebrows as to why the fire wasn’t on his palm but around his wrists. A clipped was heard and a cold object was wrapped around his wrists. Before he even had the chance to look what it was, his legs finally give him and the last thing he heard was his came calling.

 

            The boy with fire around his wrists didn’t have a choice, if the guards can’t put the bracelet on him, dragging him was the next option.

“Why are you guys doing this?”

“It’s the Sire’s order.” The boy with fire glared, still trying to break free but it was useless. He barely had any strength to walk.

“1127, we wanted to help but we don’t have a choice.” The guard didn’t even look at the boy. The fire boy wanted to asked the question that’s been running inside his head for awhile, but he was scared of the answer; decide against it, he open his mouth.

“Are you taking Baekhyun too?”

“Yes, 506 is at the Ground Hall with the others.” The boy’s eyes widen.

“Why are you taking us to the Ground Hall?” His question was unanswered as they kept walking. Soon his pace was decrease and the fire on his wrist starting to vanished.

“We’re really sorry, Chanyeol.” The guards clipped the bracelet on his wrist before carrying him to the Ground Hall.

 

            The last victim was 1106. This time there weren’t three guards but six guards, trying to grabbed hold of the boy.

“1106, you can’t summon your dragon, you don’t have enough strength. Just come with nicely.” These guards have weapon and the boy can’t do anything but to fly out of the room and into the hallway with the last energy he had left. He dashed to through the hall, trying to find somebody, anybody that he trust.

“Kris!”

Kris stopped and turned to see the boy running toward him, his face was shown with fear and anxious.

“Luhan, what are you doing? Where’s everyone?” Kris landed on the ground with the help of Luhan holding his arms.

“They’ve been taken to the Ground Hall. I overheard it when they took Chanyeol away.”

“Find him!” The voices of guards were heard through the end of the dark hall.

“Is Sehun with them?” Luhan shook his head.

“I don’t know where he is. He’s not in his room.”

“Hyung, go find Sehun, I’ll distract them.”

Luhan continued his running even though he’s panting through his lungs but at the same time he didn’t want to leave Kris alone. Without another thought, he kept his pace fasten as he left the hall into another gathered room through the main hall.

“Get off of me!” Luhan stopped, looking back at the struggling shadows.

“I’m sorry,” and he ran again. He was starting to lose his breath more than before, his legs fell like they were about to fall off. Sehun. His mind was filled with the boy’s name, wanting to find him, hoping they didn’t take him too. Where are you? Luhan was getting weaker; his body was betraying his mind. No, I can’t stop. Right went he was about to turn around the corner, something, someone grabbed his arm, pulling him into a firm chest. “Shh, hyung stay quiet.”

That voice; it’s been weeks he last heard it. “Sehun, oh god, did they do anything to you?” The boy shook his head, kissing Luhan on the forehead. Once the lips landed on the forehead, bodies starting to glow with strength; it wasn’t bright but it was enough to defend themselves. The power, the energy running inside their veins was something they needed.

“We have to go.” Both boys walked quietly, trying not to make a single noise. The bodies’ flinches once the alarm went off throughout the building. They knew what it means; they have to get out of there. The others can’t be saved anymore. But they were too late; they were surrounded before they even took a step. Every guard face was far too familiar, especially the one standing in front of them.

“Doojoon, why are you doing this?” Sehun held Luhan closer as the Doojoon guy came forward.

“We need to take you to Ground Hall.” The guards were prepare for any attacks but it  was the attack of silence.

“Why are we going to Ground Hall?”

“Sehun, Luhan, don’t make this hard than it already is. You know you can’t use your power in this Right Wing Building.”

“Why are you taking us to Ground Hall?” Sehun asked again, ignoring every words coming out of the betrayal.

“Your tasks. You guys are going for your tasks.” Another silence was around the air.

“T-Tasks? Why attack us then?” Luhan voice out, both boys knew the smaller was frighten.

“Sire won’t tell.” Two boys knew that’s all the answer is going to be out. They were back to back, holding hands, trying to give strength to one another as much as possible. It’s not as strong as when they were intimating but they need to get out of the Right Wing Building.

“Then you give us no choice.”

Before the boys even move, something was parting the hands they were holding. Separating the distance from them.

“Doojon, stop!” Sehun tries to grab Luhan hand again but they were too far to reach each other.

“Forgive us. “ Doojoon pull Sehun and Luhan away without touching them. They same power Luhan had but much stronger and more powerful.

“Luhan!” Their fingertips were barely touching.

“Sehun, please Doojoon stop.” Luhan knew it was useless to use his power in the property of Doojoon’s Absorptions but he had to try. Using the last strength Sehun shared him seconds ago; he tried to push the power away but was no use. Doojoon’s power was too far from his standard. The hands were so close to touch before the same, familiar, tracking bracelet was clipped to Luhan’s reaching hand. His eyes slowly closed and his body automatically shut down on him.

“Luhan!” It was only a few seconds before he went unconscious. It was only a second he saw Luhan’s beautiful face before he was out.

 

            Twelve bodies were lying on the ground, unconscious and lifeless.

“Sire, what are you going to do with their tasks?” The Sire looked at every boy on the ground.

“Send them to the land of Earth. Their tasks are to find their pair and join together. The creation of both mortal and immortal is in their hand, drive their mind into the powerless they had before.” The Sire looked at the staff on the computers and keys board. “Erase their pairs name, erase the image of their faces, erase all image of all twelve face from their memories. Set the bracelet on track, prepare to send them to the surface and do not, no matter what, let the twelve join as one."

 

***

P.S.: For those who don't know, just click onto the purple title. It will link you to the story. ENJOY ! \(^ o ^)/ !