019. (kyungmyeon)

Crack Prompt Table
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

of glitters and dust

pg, kyungmeon
1416 wc
prompt: timeshift


---


 


“I don’t think we’re in Seoul anymore.”


Kyungsoo tugs at the hem of his pink glittery jacket, biting his lips and looking terribly confused at the sudden increase of shrubs and trees around him. The sky is a beautiful canvas of blue, clear and with little smudges of white clouds. The air feels cold on his sticky skin and caked face. It ruffles his limp hair drenched with post-performance sweat.


Beside him stood the eldest on their group, entirely unhelpful with the way he gazes around him, fascinated at the twittering of birds and curious about the weeds and dirt beneath his shoes. Kyungsoo thinks this is the best time Junmyeon channels even the littlest bit of his inner leader.


“What do you think happened?”


Well, no such luck on that thought then.


The last thing Kyungsoo vividly remembers is the powder of glitter a fan threw over him and Junmyeon, the others blessedly further away that only the two of them had the misfortune to inhale said substance and barely stop themselves from hacking out loud in front of thousands of their fans.


The director’s eyes widens in recognition for a split second before he starts and frantically gestures for them to move backstage. The man’s face is scrunched up in panic, arms wildly waving behind the camera to emphasize his point. They all rush at the ‘We are one!’ before running to the back stage, Junmyeon ahead and the other four behind him.


Junmyeon stops still at the bottom of the backstage stairs and Kyungsoo had that one second to wonder why when his foot clears the last step and a blinding white fills his vision. When he opens his eyes, gone are the stage set-up, the crew, and the other members.


Thus, this scene.


“We should at least get out of this forest.” Kyungsoo suggests, looking at every direction to get a vague hint where to start walking to. He never took SM’s Camping 101 lessons seriously back when they had been trainees. None of them did. He never knew he’d get to the moment where he would actually regret it. “Which way is north? Do we head north?”


Junmyeon nods. He grasps Kyungsoo’s right arm and, with his game face on that is far too hilarious, starts to walk. Kyungsoo giggles from behind his free hand and lets himself be dragged to god-knows-where.


-


After too many hours of walking blindly, arguing about whose fault is whom, and throwing out various ideas on how they ended up to wherever this is, they finally stumble outside the edge of the godforsaken forest they initially found themselves in.


They had both strip off their flashy jackets when it starts to irritate their skin. Even their feet are aching from their shoes that are not meant to be worn by humans for a long time. Their coordi-noonas are going to kill them if they come back in pieces.


Or, if they could come back at all. But this is a depressing thought Kyungsoo shoves at the back of his mind for the mean time.


“Finally! Road!” Junmyeon collapsed beside the dirt road, probably bruising his knees in the process and earning an hour’s worth of ear-splitting lecture from his coordi-noona about taking better care of his skin.


“I don’t see people.” Kyungsoo looked at both ends of the road leading to, well, only trees and more trees. Neither roofs of houses nor buildings are on sight.


“Did Shindong-sunbaenim hit us on the head again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter