007. (kaisoo)

Crack Prompt Table
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

a day in a life.

pg, kaisoo
1225 wc
prompt: high school au
 

---

 

 

It was Tuesday, their third since the school year started just a little over two weeks ago.


The Joan of Arc building is theirs now, the domain of the juniors, located adjacent to the Caritas building of the seniors and MMJ of the freshmen and sophomores. There’s a quadrangle in front of the three high school buildings, serving as a middle ground and free space of sorts.


Students are still loitering in the field, laughing or obnoxiously shouting and gesturing over their respective friends already in the building. Some opted to linger in the halls instead, preferring the humid air and muffled chattering noise than the slightly wet grassy field beneath their shoes.


He doesn’t see what he is looking for.


“I can see your brain cells depleting.” Kyungsoo startles as Jongin drops his water jug to the floor, hangs his bag over the seat of his classmate in front of him, and flops down boneless at the chair right beside him.


The first bell rings, signalling the students to go back to their rooms and prepare for the start of the first class. The chatters tone down a notch.


Kyungsoo snorts, “I’ll still have more than you.” He cuffs the back of Jongin’s head as the younger yawns, mouth disgustingly opened wide. He shakes his head at the returned pout.


“But seriously, what were you thinking about?” Jongin digs around his backpack for their Geometry book as their professor strides in, barking a sharp good morning and rattling instructions for a surprise seatwork.


“Nothing important.”


“Are you keeping secrets from me now?” Jongin sighs, book nowhere in sight, and turns in his chair, blinking rapidly and mouth turned down but still peripherally keeping an eye on their professor. “Is that how it is, hyung?” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes exasperatedly and flips to page 321, Proving.


“You didn’t pass by the field?” He mutters, careful to keep his tone neutral, and Jongin lets the chair scrape loudly against the floor as he moves closer to see Kyungsoo’s book.


“I had to drop by the sophomores’ building and hand something over.”


Kyungsoo hums before turning to look. “Do you have a load?” He waits till Jongin nods and reaches a hand out. “May I borrow your phone? I need to text my mom.”


Jongin assents, fishing out his new iPhone from his pocket and handing it over to him. He murmurs his thanks and slides his finger, keying in Jongin’s birthday to unlock. He taps the Messages and it opens to the most recent conversation.



 


He stills, his heart suddenly thumping louder in his ears and trying to make a way out of his ribcage. He shifts in his chair, trying to casually angle his body further away from Jongin. His palms feel cold as he holds the phone, thumb hovering and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter