2-4

Prince class

“So…how’d you get to know the Rose Prince?” Sunggyu leaned back on the couch. Somehow they had managed to spend over two hours discussing and debating how to manage their class. Sunggyu had gone on to talk about each of the princes and explained the things they needed to individually work on. And somewhere along the line, they had moved to the sofa in the living room since Sunggyu had complained about his back getting sore.

“Hm?” Woohyun scratched his head, taking a sip of now lukewarm coffee from a porcelain white mug. “Oh…well, that’s kind of a long story.” He glanced at Sunggyu from the corner of his eye. “It’s not very interesting…”

“I have time.” Sunggyu shrugged.

“Yeah, well maybe I don’t want to tell you about it.” Woohyun pouted, not really enjoying how Sunggyu was attempting to get so chummy with him.

“Ok.” Sunggyu grabbed the mug out of Woohyun’s hands and took a sip.

“W-What’re you doing?” Woohyun made a grab for the cup. “That was mine!”

“Yah, it’s your own fault. How could you not give your guest anything to drink?”

“You had some apple juice!”

“That was over two hours ago!” Sunggyu complained. “I’m hungry!”

“If you’re hungry then why’d you take my coffee? That’s a drink not food—hey where’re you going?!” He followed after Sunggyu, who was already making his way into the kitchen. Sunggyu opened up the stainless steel fridge searching for something to eat. “Don't you know it’s rude to search around like that in someone else’s home!”

“What’s this?” Sunggyu gasped, pulling out a perfectly good bowl of kimchi jjigae, with a plastic film wrapped over it.

“You can’t eat that!” Woohyun attempted to make a grab for the dish, but Sunggyu turned his back to him, holding the dish close to him.

“Why not?” Sunggyu struggled to remove the plastic while swatting Woohyun’s grabby hands away at the same time.

“Those were the left-overs I was saving from the other day!” Woohyun attempted to slip his arm around Sunggyu’s back to reach the bowl. “I was going to give it to Myungsoo!”

“To the Rose Prince? Why?” Sunggyu shifted slightly, so the food was once again out of Woohyun’s reach.

“Because that’s his favorite dish, and I promised him—.”

“Yah, you can’t be playing favorites among the students!” Sunggyu hissed, as he reached up and managed to slide the bowl on top of the fridge, safely out of Woohyun’s reach.

“Why’d you do that?” Woohyun stared up at the top of the fridge, his arms still around Sunggyu’s waist. “Bring it back down! I’m not playing favorites!”

“Yes you are!” Sunggyu fidgeted out of Woohyun’s grasp, but the younger managed to shove him face first into the fridge. “Yah, its cold!” He grabbed Woohyun’s arms and pulled them away, before turning to face the shorter man. They shot each other threatening glares for a moment, before Woohyun hurriedly hopped onto the counter beside the fridge.

Sunggyu instantly realized the younger man’s intentions, and threw his arms around Woohyun’s waist and hauled him off the counter, but Woohyun was fighting against him the whole time. When the soles of Woohyun’s feet touched the cold tile floor, he quickly made a grab for Sunggyu’s arms and yanked him somewhere.

“W-Wait!” Sunggyu yelped, as Woohyun dragged him down the hall and up the dark wooden stairs. “Where are you—?” They stopped in front of a closed door. Woohyun pushed open the door, and dragged Sunggyu into what looked like his bedroom. There was a queen-sized bed with a veil like canopy flowing over the head to one corner, and a chrome and glass constructed desk to the other side. Woohyun headed straight for the single glass pane door that led to the balcony, and turned the knob.

“W-What’re you doing?” Sunggyu asked nervously as Woohyun turned to him with a scary look in his eyes.

“I’m going to throw you off the balcony.” Woohyun remarked in a dark tone.

Sunggyu laughed nervously. “Th-That’s not funny…”

“Who said I was joking?”

“What…?” Sunggyu nervously took a step back. “Y-You’re crazy.”

“Well it’s your fault.” Woohyun took a step forward for every step that Sunggyu took backwards. “You’re the one who made me like this…”

“W-What did I do?” Sunggyu’s voice was shaky as his back touched the white wall.

“It’s all your fault…” Woohyun cupped Sunggyu’s chin, an almost possessed look in his eyes. “You know what you did you .”

Sunggyu didn’t even recognize the Woohyun in front of him now, and he was scared.

“I-I’m sorry…” He whispered, but then squeaked slightly when he felt Woohyun press him harder against the wall. “W-Woohyun please—!”

*

Sunggyu gasped, his eyes shooting open, the back of his neck was all sweaty, and so was his chest. He sat up, and looked around, only to realize he was still in Woohyun’s place, on the leather couch. He glanced down to see Woohyun lying on his stomach, with his arms securely wrapped around Sunggyu’s waist. And the events of the dream seeped into Sunggyu’s consciousness once again. He hurriedly pulled Woohyun’s head off of him and cautiously stared at the younger man who was now slowly opening his eyes. He hurriedly stood up and made a grab for his papers.

“Hm?” Woohyun sat up, sleepily scratching his head. “Did we…did we fall asleep?”

“L-Looks like it.” Sunggyu mumbled, still in the process of organizing his folders. “I-Its late, and I should get home.”

“Oh…” Woohyun nodded, not completely awake yet. “Right…ok.” He watched Sunggyu hastily rush to the door and practically force his feet into his boots. Woohyun glided over to him, rubbing his eyes. “Uh, but we didn’t even get to finish discussing the students—.”

“W-We can get to it tomorrow!” Sunggyu explained frantically, eyeing the floor, fingers trembling as he finally got his foot into his shoe.

“But tomorrow, there’s class—.”

“Ok, bye!” Sunggyu already turned the knob and escaped out the front door.

Woohyun watched him go, confusedly, but merely shrugged and wandered back into the living room. He noticed a black hooded sweatshirt lying on the edge of the sofa.

“He must've left this…” Woohyun thought, eyeing the black sweatshirt in his hands, and grinning sinisterly. “Time for some more revenge…”

“I have an idea!” Jinwoon popped in from the other room. “Let's burn it!”

“No that’s dumb.” Key shook his head. “We should make cut outs in it so that it’ll be unflattering to his shape!”

“It’s a sweatshirt.” Woohyun remarked dryly. “It already has a universally unflattering shape.”

“Fine how about we make cuts outs that form a word. Like a swear word or something.”

“Like poopy-head!” Woohyun exclaimed excitedly. Key sighed and patted Woohyun on the head.

“Sure, whatever.”

Woohyun headed for the kitchen and grabbed the scissors. He nervously eyed the sweater and then glanced at the other two.

“Well what are you waiting for?” Jinwoon sighed impatiently. “Do it already.”

“Uh, y-you guys don’t have to watch you know?” Woohyun mumbled. “Its getting late, so you guys should probably go to bed. I’ll handle this on my own.”

“Really?” Key eyed him skeptically.

“Sure.” Woohyun assured them.

After he was sure the other two had left, he immediately placed the scissors back on the counter, and buried his face deep in the folds of the sweater. “Gyu hyung…” He whispered, taking in Sunggyu’s familiar scent.

A fond memory came flowing into his mind

He was younger, about eighteen. He was sitting on the couch, knowing he should be doing his homework. But instead he was procrastinating flipping through the television channels. And then there was that light fragrance—a subtle mix of vanilla, sandalwood, and lavender. He looked up just as Sunggyu appeared in the doorway, donned in gray sweat pants, a white v-neck, and a small blue towel wrapped around his neck. His hair was still damp from his shower, as he plopped down on the couch beside the younger man. Woohyun didn’t say anything and kept his focus on the TV screen, the scent of a freshly showered Sunggyu being just a little too much for him to handle.

“Shouldn’t you be doing your homework?” Sunggyu leaned in, resting his elbow on the head of the couch.

“What are you? My mother?” Woohyun snorted.

“Yah.” Sunggyu nudged him. “Didn’t you fail that test you had last week? Shouldn’t you be studying?”

“How do you know that?” Woohyun turned to him and gasped. “Even Boohyun hyung doesn’t know about that…are you going to tell him?”

“Well unlike your brother, I’m a nice, cool guy.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “Yeah, sure.”

“So I won’t tell.” Sunggyu rubbed the back of Woohyun’s head gently. “But you really should study.”

“Ok, I’ll study…” Woohyun had a mischievous spark in his eyes as he met Sunggyu’s gaze. “On one condition~”

“Yah.” Sunggyu glared. “This isn’t some bargaining deal. Besides you should study for yourself, not for someone else.”

“Fine…” Woohyun pouted, and folded his arms. “But when’s Boohyun hyung getting home?”

“I don’t know…” Sunggyu used the towel around his neck to dry his milk chocolate brown locks. “You know how he is?”

“Is it studying or girls?” Woohyun sighed.

“Probably both.” Sunggyu shrugged, and then glanced at Woohyun. “I guess it’ll just be the two of us tonight.”

“You mean you’re not going anywhere?” Woohyun blinked. “Aren’t you going out as well?”

Sunggyu smiled slightly and ruffled up Woohyun’s hair. “How can I leave, when you’re failing tests left, right, and center?”

“It was just one test.” Woohyun grinned when Sunggyu got out some textbooks. “Are you going to help me?”

“Well yeah. I can’t let you fail again. After all you’re my…” Sunggyu suddenly paused, his smile fading.

“Your…what?” Woohyun gazed at him, eagerly waiting for him to continue.

However, Sunggyu merely smiled and opened up a textbook.

*

Woohyun found himself unable to let go of Sunggyu’s sweater.

What’s wrong with me?” He thought as he lay in bed, clutching the black clothing close to his chest. “Gyu hyung…when will I be able to forget you…? I hate you so much…I want to hate you so much…” He bit his lip, tears welling up in his eyes. “Stupid Gyu hyung…”

Eventually he drifted off to sleep, holding onto Sunggyu’s now tear-stained sweater.

*

Sunggyu paced his living room, deep in contemplation and filled with fear over the dream he had at Woohyun’s place. He didn’t think Woohyun could be that scary even though it was just a dream. But then he remembered about Woohyun’s creepy stalking, and shivered, eyes darting to and fro. Sunggyu had managed to convince himself that there could be chance that Woohyun had it in him.

That Woohyun might be a psychopath.

*

The next morning, Sunggyu was slowly hobbling down the cobblestone path towards the library for class. He hadn’t gotten any sleep the night before, imagining up crazy scenarios of Woohyun torturing him in various ways. Some involved Woohyun killing Sunggyu with a jackhammer, and some involved Woohyun jackhammering him…its safe to say, Sunggyu suffered a lot that night…

“Hey.” Sunggyu jumped slightly, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He gasped when he saw the object of his nightmares standing there looking perfectly innocent in a pair of dark blue skinny jeans. “What’s wrong? You look pretty bad.” Woohyun remarked.

“W-Why are you being nice to me?” Sunggyu eyed him suspiciously, holding his books closer to his chest in protection.

Woohyun blinked. “I’m not being nice…I just asked what was wrong. You look like you had the worst night of your life or something…”

“Y-You could say that.” Sunggyu mumbled, hurriedly attempting to walk ahead of the other man. But Woohyun easily caught up to him, and was staring holes into him.

“So I was thinking…”

“Why?!” Sunggyu turned to him, horrified.

“Uh…is it a crime to think?” Woohyun frowned.

“R-Right…sorry.” Sunggyu immediately concentrated his gaze on the pathway as they neared the library.

“That I was being really immature before.” Woohyun continued, “For now, lets keep it professional, ok?” He stopped at the entrance way of the library and held out a hand for Sunggyu to shake. “What do you say?”

Sunggyu stared at the out-stretched hand apprehensively, and then looked up at Woohyun. “Uh…fine.” Sunggyu nodded.

“Ok, lets shake on it.” Woohyun his hand even closer, causing Sunggyu to yelp and jump backward. “What’s wrong with you this morning? You’re so jumpy.”

“I-Its nothing…” Sunggyu eyed the door. “L-Let’s just go inside—.” Suddenly Woohyun grabbed onto his wrist.

“Are you ok?” Woohyun asked again, appearing to be genuinely concerned this time. “You seem really off—.”

“I-I’m fine!” Sunggyu hastily pulled away.

Woohyun frowned, tilting his head slightly. “Uh, but you really left in a hurry last night. You even forgot your sweater—.” He quickly gasped and clamped a hand over his mouth.

“Oh right my sweater…” Sunggyu bit his lip. “Well you can just give it to me at tomorrow’s class—.”

“I-I can’t!” Woohyun stammered.

“Huh?” Sunggyu eyed him nervously. “Why not?”

“Because I have to…to get it washed first.” Woohyun shifted his gaze to a nearby bush.

“Washed? Why are you getting it washed?”

“Uh…I-I accidentally dropped it in the dirt.” Woohyun lied.

“Dropped it in the dirt? But why’d you take it outside?” Sunggyu questioned, becoming more suspicious by the second.

“I-I…” Woohyun gulped, urgently searching for some kind of excuse, when the door swiftly opened, knocking him on the back of the head, sending him to the ground.

“Whoops.” Sungjong peered out from the other side of the door. “Sorry I didn’t see you there. But you should really know better than to stand in front of a closed door.”

---

And now here's some delusional Gyu...Idk who he is in this story anymore.