4-6

Prince class

“Is your lip ok?” Woohyun asked for the fifth time, intently watching Sunggyu from across the table.

“It’s fine.” Sunggyu sighed, eyes focused on the paperwork in front of him. After they got to Sunggyu’s house, they spent an awkward hour of silence, going over paper work and progress reports for the princes.

“I’m sorry Boohyun hyung did that.” Woohyun frowned.

Sunggyu kept his focus on whatever he was writing down, adjusting his glasses with his free hand. “It’s not your fault, so stop saying sorry.”

“I know, but I should have realized…or something.” Woohyun scratched the back of his head awkwardly. “I mean I really thought he liked you. Everything would make sense then.” He studied Sunggyu’s face for a moment. The older didn’t seem to being paying attention and was biting his lip in concentration, as he scribbled something down. “Hyung? Are you listening—?”

Suddenly Sunggyu shot up from his chair.

“I-I’m going to get a drink!” Sunggyu stammered, rather loudly. “You want something? I’ll get you something.” He muttered and escaped into the kitchen, without waiting for Woohyun’s response.

*

Sunggyu grabbed the water jug from the fridge and hastily poured himself a glass, before downing the whole thing in one shot. He shook his head, while clutching his head, clearly in the midst of another mental breakdown.

Damn it.” He cursed himself, kneeling down, hands still on his head. “Why am I suddenly thinking of that stupid flipping rabbit mating show at a time like this?!” He bit his lip. He hadn’t seen Woohyun even half since that time when Boohyun kicked him out. He wondered if Woohyun still looked that good. “He probably looks even better now…he probably works out. He probably has nice abs—oh crap, I need to stop thinking about that!” His face was hot and he really didn’t know what came over him so suddenly. Ok, that was a lie. He totally knew.

It happened about fifteen minutes ago, when Woohyun was getting sore from sitting down and writing for so long. He got up from his chair to stretch. Sunggyu wondered what he was doing, and curiously watched him, which was probably a really stupid decision. A minute of flexing biceps and slight groans, and Sunggyu was done.

It kind of made him realize that he was probably more ually frustrated than he thought. After all he didn’t really have time for relationships in the past years with his job taking up all his time. He usually had to suffice with the channel women on his TV and of course which was all fine and good. But it was kind of hard to stay sane and cool under the collar when there was a y person, who he was extremely attracted to, who loved him and was attracted to him as well, practically parading their best physical assets around right in front of his face.

But he knew they probably weren’t in a place to just hop into bed together so suddenly. They had to start from the beginning so to speak. And Sunggyu was fine with that. He actually wanted to wait.

After all his students were his first priority right now. But unfortunately his male organs were telling him a different story.

He took a deep breath. “Shake it off.” He told himself, just as Woohyun walked into the kitchen.

“Are you ok?” Woohyun asked. “You seem a little—.”

“Fine.” Sunggyu cleared his throat, avoiding Woohyun’s gaze. “I-I’m fine.”

“Ok…” Woohyun tilted his head, clearly unconvinced as he opened up the fridge, scanning its contents. “Man, you have nothing in here.” He commented upon seeing the insides of Sunggyu’s near empty fridge. “What’s this?” He poked a large plastic container, and took it out, peeling off the lid.

“That’s my pudding!” Sunggyu grabbed the container, holding it protectively to his chest.

“Pudding? That’s what you eat?” Woohyun snorted.

“I don’t have time to go grocery shopping.” Sunggyu pouted.

“Really?” Woohyun stared at him worriedly.

“Uh, I mean…” Sunggyu scratched the back of his head, trying to play it off so Woohyun wouldn’t worry. “Pudding has a lot of health benefits.”

“How about now?” Woohyun asked. “We can take a break and go buy you some things now.”

“Now?” Sunggyu blinked. “No, it’s fine. I’ll just go tomorrow or—.”

“Please?” Woohyun gripped onto his arm. “Let’s go now, ok?”

Sunggyu heaved a sigh, nodding slightly. “Fine.”

*

“Does it feel like…like we’re being followed?” Sunggyu rubbed the back of his neck uneasily, as he and Woohyun stepped into the local grocery store.

“Followed?” Woohyun stopped to grab a shopping basket. “By who?”

“Boohyun.” Sunggyu replied quickly, as they strolled through the dairy section. “He was totally pissed before. There’s no way, he’s just going to let everything go.”

“Yeah, but…” Woohyun grabbed some butter and placed it in the basket. “He’s not that good at that kind of thing.”

“Ah, well I guess if it’s coming from an expert stalker like yourself, then it’s legit.” Sunggyu retorted dryly, as he grabbed a carton of yogurt and studied it for a moment, before putting it back.

Woohyun pouted. “I’m not a stalker.”

“Could have fooled me.” Sunggyu snorted. “You even took a picture of me and everything. But I mean, I guess you did delete it so…”

Woohyun awkwardly looked away. “Yup…I totally did that.”

Sunggyu remained unaware of his obvious lie as they reached the baked goods section. He immediately made eye contact with a container of cookies. Woohyun chuckled and grabbed the container, putting it in the basket.

“You’re actually getting those?” Sunggyu regarded him with surprise. “I figured you would say they’re unhealthy or something…”

“I like junk food too.” Woohyun replied, nonchalantly. “And besides, I need to keep my pillow soft and comfy.”

“Pillow?”

Woohyun grinned and patted Sunggyu’s stomach. “This pillow.”

Sunggyu smiled and shoved him lightheartedly. “Yah, who said you could use my stomach as your pillow?” Woohyun just chuckled, and walked ahead. Sunggyu followed him, wondering if Woohyun was just joking around or if he was implying that he wanted them to be together. He never did give Sunggyu a proper answer. “Hey…” He reached out, his fingers brushing Woohyun’s arm.

“Hm?” Woohyun hummed, scanning the fresh breads.

“If you want,” Sunggyu murmured. “Y-You can use my stomach as your pillow.”

Woohyun paused, before turning to Sunggyu. He looked into his eyes, before his cheeks went slightly red and he looked away.

“What’re you talking about?” He chuckled awkwardly. “You’re being weird hyung.”

Sunggyu frowned. Not exactly the reaction he was hoping for. It still left him feeling in the dark about their relationship.

“I-I’m serious.” He gripped onto Woohyun’s arm. “Are we…I mean what are we?”

Woohyun met his gaze, nervously, before looking away, and grabbing a loaf of bread. “We shouldn’t talk about this in a grocery store.” He murmured.

“Yeah…” Sunggyu sighed. “But will you talk about it later though?”

Woohyun pursed his lips. “I…maybe. I don’t know.”

“What?” Sunggyu tugged on his arm. “What do you mean you don’t know?”

“I just…I don’t know.” Woohyun turned to him with worried eyes. “I’m sorry. I can’t—.”

“Attention Staff. Clean up on aisle five.” The overhead speaker blared in a rather loud voice. “It’s of the bathroom variety, so bring disinfectant and nose plugs.”

“You can’t what?” Sunggyu urged Woohyun to continue, ignoring the loud speaker.

Woohyun sighed. “I just—.”

“This one’s a real doozy. I mean it guys. Nose plugs. Bring them.”

Sunggyu groaned in frustration, shooting the speaker a glare, before dragging Woohyun to a less noisy part of the store.

“I thought you said it’s easier when we’re together?” Sunggyu asked.

“It is!” Woohyun nodded avidly. “But…will you forget about me again?”

“What?” Sunggyu blinked. “Forget about you? Why do you think I would forget—?”

“Because before, when you left you did.” Woohyun interrupted. “What if that happens again? What if you get bored of me or something?”

“I never forgot about you dummy.” Sunggyu sighed. “Just because I didn’t think of you every second of every day, doesn’t mean I forgot about you.”

“Yeah, but it just feels like I’m the one whose feelings are stronger.” Woohyun frowned.

“Well that’s not true.” Sunggyu folded his arms. “What can I do to make you believe me?”

“Hm…” Woohyun looked around for ideas. The aisle they were standing in, he just realized, was the feminine products section. And they were the only ones around. He turned to Sunggyu with a grin, and raised a finger in the air, tapping his lip. “Kiss me.”

Sunggyu blinked. “…What? Here?”

“Yup.”

“In the grocery store?”

“Uh huh.”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“A-Are you crazy?” Sunggyu blushed. “I’m not going to—I mean what if someone sees!?”

“So? Are you ashamed of me or something?” Woohyun pouted. “And here I thought you wanted to prove your feelings—.”

“Because there’s nothing more romantic than this.” Sunggyu snorted, gesturing to a row of assorted tampons on the shelf behind him.

“Fine, you’re right.” Woohyun nodded, dejectedly. “Just forget I ever said anything.”

Sunggyu groaned in frustration. An upset Woohyun was one of his least favorite things.

“Woohyun, wait…”

“Nah, it was a dumb thing to say.” Woohyun shook his head, his back to Sunggyu. “I know that it would make you uncomfortable—.” Suddenly Sunggyu pulled on his arm, turning him around to face him. Sunggyu had a determined look on his face, biting his lip nervously as he cupped Woohyun’s cheek. When he leaned in, Woohyun’s eyes went wide, and he accidentally dropped the shopping basket right on Sunggyu’s foot.

Sunggyu yelped, backing away.

“Ah sorry!” Woohyun gasped, reaching out to the older man. “Are you ok?”

“What the hell? “Sunggyu growled, kneeling down, and rubbing his injured foot.

“I-I didn’t think you would really…” Woohyun knelt down as well, scooping up the contents that had fallen out of the basket, and putting them back in. “I…I mean who actually does that kind of thing in a grocery store—.”

“Yah!” Sunggyu hissed. “You were the one who told me to—!”

“Yeah, but I didn’t think you would ever in a million years even think of actually doing that.” Woohyun chuckled.

Sunggyu sighed. “So what? You were just making fun of me?”

“No, but…” Woohyun grinned. “You have to admit. You make it kind of easy to do.”

“Screw you.” Sunggyu huffed, getting to his feet, and storming off.

“Aw c’mon.” Woohyun picked up the shopping basket, and followed after him. “Don’t be mad.”

“Don’t tell me what to feel.” Sunggyu retorted, stuffing his hands in his pockets, as he headed down the aisle.

“Hyung…” Woohyun sprinted to catch up to him, curling an arm around Sunggyu’s and leaning into his shoulder.

Sunggyu nudged him with his arm. “Let go.”

“Don’t want to.” Woohyun hummed.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, though he was clearly fighting a smile. But then an elderly lady passing them, shooting them a wary glance, and Sunggyu immediately shoved Woohyun away in an embarrassed flurry.

“Ah look.” Woohyun pointed to the snacks section, unperturbed by Sunggyu’s actions. Sunggyu could only sigh and follow as Woohyun proceeded to shove a bunch of snacks into the basket.

“Wait, why are you getting those?” Sunggyu pointed to a red bag of chips.

“Why? What’s wrong with them?” Woohyun blinked.

“No, these ones are better.” Sunggyu grabbed a blue bag off the shelf.

“But I like these ones better.”

“So?” Sunggyu frowned. “Aren’t we buying food for me? So, it should be what I want.”

“Yeah, but I want something to eat when I come over.” Woohyun pouted.

“Who said you were coming over?”

“Who said I wasn’t coming over?”

“That doesn’t even make sense!” Sunggyu groaned.

“Well guess what?” Woohyun huffed. “Life doesn’t make sense.”

“No, I think it’s just you.” Sunggyu sighed.

“Or maybe it’s you.” Woohyun smirked.

“Just get the god damn blue one, and let’s go home.”

“No. I already told you. I want the red one.”

“Well I don’t care what you want!”

“But…” Woohyun suddenly turned to Sunggyu with sad puppy dog eyes. “I thought…I thought hyung—.”

“Ok fine!” Sunggyu gave in way too easily. “Get whatever you want!”

*

Whilst waiting in line to pay, Woohyun couldn’t help but notice two girls behind them kept staring at them. Or to be more specific, at Sunggyu. They kept giggling and whispering to each other, while not so subtly glancing at Sunggyu.

It brought Woohyun back to when he was sixteen, seeing girls fawning over Sunggyu. He sighed to himself, wishing Sunggyu wasn’t quite so irresistible. Then he wouldn’t have to worry so much about people staring at his Gyu in a lewd and/or less than innocent way. And it wasn’t just girls. There were guys too. Even Namu the bunny seemed to like him. Heck plants were probably even attracted to him. Well this is what Woohyun’s jealous mind concocted after a minute of waiting in line.

He not so nonchalantly slung a possessive arm around Sunggyu’s shoulder, garnering the older man’s attention.

“What?” Sunggyu eyed him.

“Nothing.” Woohyun smiled at him. “How’s your foot?”

“It’s fine.” Sunggyu shrugged, hands still in his pockets.

“That’s good. Because then I was afraid I might have to carry you back to the car.” Woohyun joked.

“As if you could.” Sunggyu snorted.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Woohyun immediately frowned, getting extremely defensive. “You think I’m not strong enough?” He was already putting the shopping basket down, and pulling back his sleeve. “Look!” He started flexing his bicep, and pointing to it with his other hand. “Look at these muscles hyung!”

“Ok, ok.” Sunggyu cooed, patting his arm. “Yes, you’re very strong.”

“Don’t patronize me.” Woohyun pouted, puling at his sleeve, and picking up the basket again. Sunggyu just laughed, amused by Woohyun’s frustrations, as they moved up in the line to pay.

*

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu sighed, as he followed Woohyun to the car. “Are you still mad?” Woohyun ignored him, walking ahead, with a plastic shopping bag in each hand. Sunggyu looked up at the deep azure sky, attempting to think up something to say. “I wasn’t making fun of you…well ok, I was, but not in a bad way. You know that right?” Woohyun kept walking, only stopping when they reached Sunggyu’s car. “Woohyunnie…” Sunggyu whined, wrapping his arms around the younger from behind. He thought Woohyun was still mad, because he still had his back turned and he couldn’t see his face, and therefore, couldn’t see the huge stupid smile on Woohyun’s face.

Woohyun was never really mad about it, but he found it amusing to see how Sunggyu would react and how far he would go. He struggled to hold back a chuckle when Sunggyu uttered out another aegyo filled apology in his ear. Suddenly Sunggyu tugged on his arm, turning him around. Woohyun attempted to keep a straight face, but Sunggyu took one look at him, and could already tell from the amusement in his eyes.

“Yah. “Sunggyu nudged him. “You’re not even mad, you liar!”

Woohyun laughed. “Sorry, but it was too funny hyung.”

“Tch…” Sunggyu snorted, though he was grinning slightly, as he took one of the bags from Woohyun and placed it in the backseat. “So what’re you gonna cook for us tonight?”

“Me?” Woohyun shrugged. “Nah, just pick something up on the way back.”

“Why?” Sunggyu frowned. “I want to eat your cooking.”

Woohyun blinked, “…Really?”

“Of course.” Sunggyu smiled, petting his head. “Why? You don’t want to?”

“I…I’m not really that good.” Woohyun looked away bashfully.

“Yeah you are.”

“Ok, you’re right.” Woohyun grinned. “I’m a master chef.”

Sunggyu chuckled. “I bet you’re even better than Boohyun now.”

“Don’t even mention my crazy brother.” Woohyun shuddered. “I don’t even get him…I still get the feeling that he’s hiding something. You know?

“Like what?” Sunggyu leaned against the closed door of his car.

“I don’t know…” Woohyun pursed his lips. “Just something…”

Suddenly Sunggyu’s phone started ringing in his pocket. “Ah.” Sunggyu pulled it out. Apparently it was the Sunflower Kingdom calling. “Hello?”

“Sunggyu-sshi? This is the Sunflower Queen.”

“Ah, yes your majesty.” Sunggyu answered politely. “Is there something…?”

“Well, I know this may be a little sudden, but our family is going on a camping trip for two days and one night. And I would like you and Woohyun-sshi to come.”

“A camping trip?” Sunggyu asked. “But…why us?”

“Well, the whole reason I signed Dongwoo up for your class is because he’s too nice.”

“Ah, yes. He told me that.”

“Well…some old friends are joining us, and I’m afraid he’ll be stuck in his ways and get taken advantage of again. But if you and Woohyun-sshi are there, you could see what I mean, and help him. Teach him to have more of a backbone.”

“I see…” Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun who was shooting him a questioning look. “Ok. We’ll be there. Tomorrow morning, you said?”

“Yes, that’s right. You can meet us at the palace, and then we can all go together.”

*

“Ah, so she’s afraid he’ll get taken advantage of?” Woohyun nodded, as Sunggyu steered the car along the road.

“Yeah, so I’ll come pick you up, and then we’ll go to the palace—.”

“Wait, we’re not going to your place?” Woohyun frowned.

“Yah, we have to sleep early, for tomorrow.”

“So? I can sleep at your place.”

Sunggyu cleared his throat, keeping his focus on the road. “N-No…just go home. Besides, won’t your friends be worried about you?”

“Who? Kibum and Jinwoon?” Woohyun blinked. “Nah, they won’t care. I’ll call them up, and tell them right now.”

“Wait—.”

But Woohyun already dialed Jinwoon.

“Hey, I’m going to stay over at Sunggyu hyung’s house tonight—.”

“NOOOOOO!”

Even Sunggyu could hear Jinwoon’s cry of protest from where he was sitting.

“Why?” Woohyun frowned.

“You can’t let him take your ity Woohyun!” Jinwoon exclaimed.

“What’re you talking about? I’m not a—.”

“With men you are!”

Woohyun felt his face grow hot suddenly, as he subtly glanced at Sunggyu, hoping he hadn’t heard. Luckily Sunggyu couldn’t hear and was concentrated on driving.

“T-That doesn’t even make sense.” Woohyun muttered. “And besides, it’s not going to be like that.”

“How do you know that?!” Jinwoo argued. “Haven’t you seen that commercial?! A moment can turn romantic in the blink of an eye!”

“What does that have to do with anything?” Woohyun groaned.

“That Kim Sunggyu is clearly a monster in disguise! He’s just waiting for the right time to attack—.”

“I’m hanging up now—.”

“NO WAIT!” Jinwoon shrieked. “You have to come back home!”

“Why?”

“Because I…I broke my foot!”

“What?” Woohyun frowned in disbelief. “How?”

“I…I tripped and fell down a flight of stairs into the back seat of a moving van, and the door kept sliding shut on my ankle!”

“That obviously sounds like a lie.” Woohyun snorted. “And beside, you don’t need me there. What about Kibum?”

“He’s staying over at his boyfriend’s house.” Jinwoon replied. “Which means, I’m all alone at home. What if I fall and I can’t get up? I don’t have one of those life alert necklaces Woohyun!”

Woohyun sighed. “Fine.” He hung up, just as they arrived outside his cabin house. Woohyun turned to Sunggyu with a reluctant expression.

“I’ll pick you up at seven tomorrow.” Sunggyu told him.

“If you wake up.” Woohyun joked.

“Yah, you better be awake and ready.” Sunggyu nudged him slightly.

“Yeah, yeah.” Woohyun dismissed him with a wave, before unhooking his seat belt. They sat there for an awkward moment. “Um, well…I guess I’ll go inside now.”

“Ok.”

“Unless,” Woohyun paused, his hand on the door handle. “You want to come in for some coffee or…?”

Sunggyu smiled slightly. “I think I should go.”

“Right.” Woohyun nodded, glancing at his house and then back at Sunggyu. He didn’t really know what to do next. Should he make the first move? And what move is that exactly? A hug?  A kiss? A fist bump? A simple wave of the hand? They were pretty much back together, but things still felt confusing. Should they just go back to how they were before? Treat it like their time apart never happened? Suddenly Sunggyu tugged on his arm, giving him a light peck on the cheek. Woohyun slowly turned his face, so that their noses were mere centimeters apart. His eyes wandered to Sunggyu’s lips, before going back up to meet his eyes and he couldn’t help but notice Sunggyu do the same.

But Sunggyu moved back after that, placing his hands on the steering wheel, and looking ahead.

“I-I’ll see you tomorrow, ok?” He was biting his lip, and his cheeks were pink.

Woohyun nodded dumbly, still in a trance like state, and got out of the car. He was giggling like an idiot and waving as Sunggyu drove away. He put his hand to his cheek, and giggled some more, when Jinwoon burst through the front door.

“I SAW THAT! I SAW EVERYTHING! I TOLD YOU HE WAS AN ANIMAL WOOHYUN!” Jinwoon exploded, storming towards the shorter man.

Woohyun turned to him, breaking out of his lovesick stupor.

“I thought your foot was broken.”

Jinwoon froze in his steps, mouth hanging open. “Uh…it healed.”

---

A half assed, (mostly) pointless, grocery shopping date filler thing. Idk…is my fluff getting really weak or what =/