Sound of Victory and A Broken Heart

The Perfectionist Angel and Gummy Bear Painter

Tick... tock... tick... tock... tick...

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

Three days are enough. To drive the calm artist, Bang Yongguk to insanity.

It's been 72 hour, 4320 minutes and do the math-yourself seconds past since Kim Himchan walk out from the door of his cramped flat and never return. He didn't get the text he'd hoping from the feline like ulzzang and his calls weren't even answered. Yongguk knows he overreacting things but if that could give him at least an ease of why Himchan didn't met him or call him, he wouldn't mind to do more beyond that.

'The wedding is in 2 days prior, maybe Himchan just busy with the event. Heck, he's the plan master of it',

that was what Yongguk has been telling himself.

"Yongguk? What are you doing? I thought you already try that"

A very beautiful female looks like she's in her middle 20's coming out from a mirrored room and flick Yongguk’s forehead to reality.

"Ouch... noona!"

As if Yongguk is forgetting where he currently at, his sister with hand on her hips start to nag on him.

"Yongguk, you're my best man, so you need to try that suit on. The wedding is in two days and your suit is the only which hasn't been adjusted to your size! Now just get the hell into that changing room and try that goddamn expensive suit!"

Despite of her petite size, Bang Jieun is quite a strong figure. She pulled his little brother up from the couch and shoves him into one of the changing cubicle before speaking in such loudness,

"Faster!"

The younger Bang cursed under his breath, completely regretting his slip of a tongue at the family dinner months ago about offering himself as the best man. Bang Jieun is marrying a Chinese man, Henry. How she even met him remained a mystery.

"It fits" Yongguk voiced irritant when he finally got out from the box, which is after a threat of her barging inside if, he didn't come out.

Jieun look at her young brother and clasp her palms together before squealing like an over obsessed fan girl.

"God gracious! You look so handsome! I guess you are really my brother then"

Yongguk rolled his eyes in annoyance and slump carelessly on the couch, ignoring the fact that the suit cost more than a dozen of his paintings sold. The naggy sister is about to fly into a rage again when the small bell on the door ring, indicating someone's is there.

"Babe~ I'm glad you made it here!" a loud pitchy noise escaped Jieun's mouth as a really beautiful looking girl come walking towards the Bang's siblings.

 

The new arrival seems like she just jumped out from the exclusive magazine Yongguk always see his sister ogling, sinfully stunning with long wavy hair, glowing baby skin and a bit childish smile that add some 'innocent teenager' look on her.

Even the unconsciously 'gay' Yongguk also attracted to her for a while. But Yongguk is owned. By an angel of his own.

 

"Hey honey. I miss you" the voice of the girl is surprisingly childish and somehow cute, which makes Yongguk remember someone with the same cutesy. Kim Himchan.

"I'm expecting to see you since you texted me that you're here in Korea. But yeah... how long has that been? Hmmm... three days? And I just got to see you today" Jieun crossed her skinny arm on her chest and pout. The other female chuckle and reaching out her slender fingers to knit with Jieun's.

"I'm sorry. I just too occupied with my fiancee's family. They didn't even let me go back to my own home."

Noticing how her friend rolled her eyes and emphasizing on 'my fiancee' words, Jieun shrugged but smiles anyway.

"Owh wait! I’m forgetting something. Babe, this is my little brother, Yongguk. And Yongguk, this is Han Sunhwa. My best friend."

The silent Yongguk got up and bowed,

"Hi. Nice to meet you, Sunhwa- noona. I'm Bang Yongguk" The beautiful Sunhwa smile brightly towards him and also introducing herself.

"Yah Yongguk, don't call her noona, she's born in the same year as you brat"

"W-what?" Yongguk eyes widened and feel his cheek heated up. Addressing a female as older than she actually is was the thing a guy should never do in his life. Expecting the said female to sulk or at least muttering some incoherent words, Yongguk was shock when Sunhwa laughs at him,

"It's okay... I don't mind at all," Sunhwa said while waving her candle like fingers.

"I'm sorry for the rudeness of this , babe. Maybe that's why he never dates anyone" Jieun budge in between Yongguk and Sunhwa, pulling the younger female to sit down on the couch Yongguk has been habituating.

Yongguk cleared his throat threateningly to his sister but receive a tongue stick out for him in return.

"But Yongguk is so good looking that I'm sure he'll have someone. Right Yongguk-sshi?" Sunhwa spoke softly to him. And for a while, Yongguk just realized she got really cute eye smile whenever she's smiling. It's cute.

"Let's forget him babe, so... how long you'll be here this time?" Jieun snatched her best friend attention from her brother, luring her into girly talks.

"I think I'm back for good"

"Good! Then you won't miss my wedding! You're in the most expected guest list! You have to come!" the tone that layering the words was unmistakably threatening. As if Sunhwa couldn't make it to her party, she'll go whenever Sunhwa was and drag her to the venue herself.

Sunhwa laugh and folding Jieun's hand in hers.

"Of course I'll be there. You're my best friend! I'll turn down everything just for you."

"But don't forget to bring your fiancée with you. I want to meet the guy that stole my best friend heart"

The best friend lean on the couch, smiling but there's insecurities on her face.

"I will. But I have told you before, I don't love him"

"But you can always grow the love"

That's where Yongguk listens to before he decided that did not interested in listening more to the girls talk.

 

He walked away from those two, stopping on of the classically framed window before pulling out his cellphone from his pant pocket.

Bracing himself, try to do what's he's been doing for the past three days.

A set of number he'd memorize by heart were fast typed on the QWERTY pad and the green button is pushed.

A couple of 'ring' was heard but Yongguk heartbeat was louder.

'Yongguk?'

"Hey Channie"

'Hey'

The interaction paused for 10 seconds before Yongguk awkwardly speak up,

"I'm just... calling to check you up. Are you okay?"

'Yeah I’m okay. Yongguk I’m sorry for not texting you back. I'm kind of... busy'

The voice on the side was less cocky and bubbly than the last time Yongguk listened to, making him wonder what's wrong with Himchan.

"Owh... great then..." Yongguk hasn't finished when he heard voice of a female talking to Himchan and the planner replying with exasperated tone. Who is she?

'I don't know. How that supposed to be my fault? She has a perfect pair of leg... you know what. I’m on the phone with my client...'

 

Client. Why Himchan didn't say that he's talking to a friend? Am I just a client to him?

 

'Hey Yongguk? Are you still there? Yongguk? Gukkie?'

Biting his lower lips, Yongguk responded slowly "y- yeah..."

A slow but heard sigh slip into the painter ear,

'I’m sorry. That's my mom. She just can't leave me alone'

"Owh... umm Channie-ah, wanna hang out later?"

'I afraid I can't. My mom is keeping me in and I have to make sure your sister event is perfect before the big day'

Listening to Himchan hesitant answer, Yongguk invisible rabbit ear fell and so do his heart "So... we can't meet?"

'I'm afraid so. Well, I gotta go. There's a waiting call in. See you in two days Yongguk-yah. I miss you'

 

I miss you too, were Yongguk unspoken words when Himchan hastily hung up the phone.

 

'See you in two days'

I dunno if I can wait for another two days to meet you, angel.

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

 

                Yongguk kept his promise to see his angel only after two days after that last call.

Things were getting hectic in his life unlike before, meticulous final preparations for huge-and-grand wedding party and fittings and caterings and everything in between clogging his schedule until his "art time" was reduced to a miserably few hours each day dedicated to sleeping and zombie walking. He felt like a puppet attached with strings that wrapped around his sister little fingers.

He could only text message Himchan in between the chaotic situations but to be truth, rarely get a reply from the ulzzang planner himself. Those fleeting conversations never compared to the actual thing, sitting on Yongguk's living room or at his narrow table, exchanging flirty glances and listening to the other grunts about hygeine.

Thinking back of the last night they stand so close next to each other, chest on chest and hand on waist, Yongguk asked himself,

'Why I didn't just kiss him' and 'Why I can't just said that I like him'

He missed him so much it was an actual physical ache, a clear change in his demeanor that even Youngjae frowned at.

"When will these things be over?" He asked over and over, "Can I meet him now?"

It was all coming back to him, the way he would react to this situation before he met Himchan. Maybe he'll just go with the flow without complaining on anything and gladly do everything for the sake of his beloved sister happiness. Maybe he won't be checking his phone for a new text alert every ten minutes or carrying his phone everywhere at all.

"I miss my angel" Was also on the list of Things He Said a Hundred times a day.

"It will be over today" Youngjae assure him with a pat on the knee and warm smile. The younger male has been a great help for Yongguk to get over his 'quarter depression'.

"My flat feel empty without him there and I'm losing my muse" He would grumble some variation of those words, some childish echo of loneliness at home.

"I know," Youngjae would sigh, "You should try again to ask him out tomorrow"

And at that, Yongguk would pout and stare at the workers around them, arms crossed.

He acted like a child because he felt like one.

Youngjae would laugh at his face for acting like that but decide to keep it for himself when he heard the cue from inside the wedding hall and the lights has been dimmed.

"Hyung, let's get inside. The party is starting"

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

 

         As expected from the ulzzang planner, the wedding hall was decorated with astounding precision, the coloration was eye-catching and everything was set up as if it was drawn out from a perfect fairy tale. It was proven by the motto of the ulzzang company itself, Best.Absolute.Perfect.

Nevertheless, the planner cannot accept the compliments alone; the gummy bear-like painter also had his fair part of it. The paintings of beauty hanging on each corner of the hall were a total brain freezer, captivating the bystander and making them froze in awe.

Long story short,

The event was a big success.

 

In the sea of upper class people who’s scanning around the magnificent hall, there's Bang Yongguk who also had his eyes swimming in all direction of the place. However, his aim was different. He's not savoring the decorations or his handmade paintings; he's searching for a certain ulzzang planner with feline eyes.

Yongguk was dressed in his best tux, hair styled to perfection courtesy of his younger best friend, Yoo Youngjae and ready for his mission.

Jieun and her husband was long forgotten by the painter as the new legal couple walked down the grand stage to greet their close friends and relatives and now Yongguk was fishing around for a beautiful male wearing a classic black suit with an azure blue dresshirt and dazzling smile that he managed to catch the glimpse up from the stage before.

The painter must confront the planner today and confessed whatever he contained in his chest. He must said and hear everything today because he know, if he missed this last chance, the dream he dreamed for the ulzzang and himself will slip away. Right after this event ended, they won't have any reason to meet each other anymore. He only got this one shot to prevent things from happen.

Straightening his posture, with determined façade on his face, Yongguk stride through the crowd, and he whispered to himself,

'God help me'

 

It's barely five minutes alone when the son of Bang family heard his name summoned by a well-known stranger. Yongguk turn around for the caller and his eyes met an awkwardly smiling girl walking towards him.

"Hi Sunhwa-sshi. Enjoying yourself?" Yongguk politely speak to the guest, he's the family member of the host after all. Sunhwa who dressed prettily with a platinum blue dress (which remind Yongguk so much to Himchan) nodding her head but somehow appear anxious.

"Hi Yongguk-sshi. Yes, I do enjoy this party is amazing! But do you know where Jieun is? I want to greet her but it seems like I can't find her"

Sunhwa throw her sight towards the people and her smile faltered. Yongguk, as gentleman as he is, of course will help the poor fragile girl to see his sister.

"I think she over there" Yongguk points to a direction on his right "Come, I'll take you to her"

"Ah, thank you Yongguk sshi. I feel bad by bothering you like this. I don't really know people here and I lost my partner, so I’m kinda clueless by myself" Sunhwa bows apologetically. After saying 'It's okay', Yongguk walk the girl to his sister. Thanks for his height and his sister extravagant dress, Yongguk got to spot her immediately.

Jieun was talking cheerfully to someone who is standing next to a clueless Henry. Yongguk couldn't see the face of that person since Jieun was blocking him.

"Noona!" the deep hoarse voice slip from Yongguk mouth, catching the attention of Jieun, Henry and the person near them. Jieun turn around, revealing a dazzling Kim Himchan.

'Thank God'

 

Sunhwa quickly walk to her best friend and hugging her as if they haven't met for ages. Girls.

Yongguk in the other hand was trying hard to hide the glows on his face as soon as he made an eye contact with his angel. It feels like forever since last he stared into those mesmerizing eyes.

 

"Hi" the ulzzang spoke when Yongguk finally standing next to him.

"Hi. Great job huh?" The painter mischievously nudged the planner elbow, receiving eye-rolling action from the other male. Owh how I missed that.

"The credits back to you" Himchan replied shortly, looking straight at the two females who are talking animatedly with each other without care of the world. Yongguk notice how Himchan eyes never leaving Sunhwa and the unreadable expression on the ulzzang planner face.

"You look amazing" Yongguk tried talking to the other again, hoping for the attention he's seeking for.

Himchan turn to Yongguk and giving him a playful sneer,

"See whose talking. You look gorgeous Yongguk, but I admit, dayumn I’m good in this suit"

Yongguk laugh at the obnoxious retort "you haven't changed at all"

Himchan chuckled, "What do you expect? We just haven't see each other for 5 days, not 5 years"

It felt like 5 years to me

"Yeah, you're right. Hey...are you busy after this?" Yongguk scratch the back of neck for comfort while waiting for Himchan to answer. The planner brows knit in confusion,

"I don't think so. Why?"

Say it Yongguk. Ask him.

 

The painter cleared his throat before bravely speak,

"Can we meet at the back after this party ends?"

"Of course... but why?

"I have something to tell you"

Himchan watch the painter hard, clearly confused.

"O-kay...so..." Himchan didn't get to finish his sentence when Jieun squealing voice suddenly interrupting them.

"So Sunhwa, this is Kim Himchan, the planner of this event. Cute isn't he?" Sunhwa look up to Himchan and smiling mischievously.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, such a looker right? And talented too" Yongguk couldn't missed the hidden note under Jieun sweet words, she definitely want to hook Himchan up with Sunhwa. And Yongguk didn't approve. Himchan on the other hand just stand there with a guilty smile when Sunhwa gaze at him. His milky white skin turn paler and Yongguk could see that.

"You were right, babe"

Jieun then being herself, continue bragging about Himchan to Sunhwa and telling all Sunhwa charms to Himchan.

The painter couldn't miss the sneakiy glances sent by Sunhwa towards Himchan every once in a while and the way the ulzzang will try to avoid those eyes. It makes Yongguk wonders if they actually knew each other or just plainly flirting. It was maddening but still stirring his curiosity.Yongguk obviously feel threatened and he's at the limit of restraining himself from dragging Himchan away from the females. Yongguk is a selfish person with no intention of sharing his prized possession.

"Oh wait a second!" Jieun suddenly clapped her hand and glower at her best friend.

"Sunhwa, didn't you promise to bring me your fiancée?"

 

In the bustle of the crowd, if someone pays a really close attention to a certain painter, they'll hear a sigh of gratitude and victory.

The jealousy that has been growing inside Yongguk quickly died when he remembered that Sunhwa was engaged and has a fiancé.

My angel is safe.

Sunhwa's beam widened to the words fiancé but her eyes was empty without sparks.

"Owh, I never forget my promise. In fact, he's here"

"What?" Jieun asked, completely surprised, "Where? Where is he? Show me!" the newly wed squealed frantically and eyes scanning around. Sunhwa chuckled lightly after seeing her friend antics,

"Let me get him"

Sunhwa begin to walk to Yongguk direction, eyes teasingly fixed on the painter, making the painter a bit jumpy. Yongguk peek behind his shoulder to check if there's another male behind him that might be the potential Sunhwa's fiancé.

Sunhwa just innocently slide in between Yongguk and Himchan, causing Yongguk to step away from Himchan side but the planner just froze in his place, whom face suddenly turn paler than usual,

The blue dressed female stop between the painter and the planner, looking up to Yongguk.

 

"My beloved Jieun, this is my fiancée, Kim Himchan," she said with her delicate fingers wrapped around the tongue-tied planner arm.

 

 

And now, everyone might hear the sound of a broken heart.

 

 

 


yeah yeah i know...cliche is cliche...but what to do......

have i mentioned how much i love watching wgm the lastest season?? I love sunhee couple!!!!

 

Comments and subscribers are greatly welcomed ^^ and please upvote *shameless*

 

P/s: Next update will come a little bit late than usual. I need to cope with my depression so counseling and therapy will be taking most of my time. I'm so sorry *bows* (and to subcribers from my other story, again I'm sorry)