Verge

The Perfectionist Angel and Gummy Bear Painter

 

 

Hiatus, having to not producing anything wasn't an uncommon thing in the diary of any amateur painters and the bear-like painter, Bang Yongguk was no exception. Two month has passed and yet nothing was drawn on the fresh canvas he purchased when he first he set foot on this land of culture and romance. His coming here in this city of fairytale love story and Eiffel wasn't a smart thing to do for a broken-hearted guy, Yongguk thinks, but his newlywed sister definitely got something much different in her mind.

The plan of 'getting Yongguk to tag along with her for the honeymoon' ended when a friend of her gave her two tickets to Amsterdam with full package. And needless to say, the little brother only realized he's been ditched when his sister isn't sitting two rows behind him in the flight when the plane landed in Charles de Gaulle.

 

The 'I'm not amused' painter look out of his classically framed window of the hotel room he resided in and set his eyes on a pair of guys walking down the pavement grey. His deep brown orbs staring at the humble gestures of friendship displays by the pairs.

The obviously taller guy between the two which wearing blue spring coat had his hand wrapped around the smaller guy shoulder and a big smile's carved prominently on his face. Some people might have seen them as good friends, best buddies, but the painter won't miss the very tiny but very important little detail. The adoring facade and the longing glances that were constantly showing for the cheery looking petite guy.

His best friend is in love with him. The subtle yet so obvious feelings were clearly seen by Yongguk. However, the painter knows the smaller fella didn't see what his eyes could see.

The best friend slashed the secret admirer got the lonely painter sympathies.

 

No, not because Yongguk thinks he's more superior nor had better relationship, in fact it was the truth behind the turned table. The painter and the best friend are two different people from different country but with one common, level of friend zone: High up the room, break through the roof and outta the world but with Yongguk already floating empty on the non-gravitational space and that person still stuck in the ozone layer. It will be only matter of time or luck whether that the tall guy will be joining Yongguk on the dark side or pulled down on earth by the apple of his eye.

He looked like a creeper, yes he knows. Normal people won't be staring at two strangers on the sidewalk and start hypothesizing on what their relationship is but Yongguk isn't normal. Well it's more to his state of mind.

 

The small sound of whistling and a sudden pop-up window appear on the screen of the painter MacBook startling him and making him advocate his sight from the best friends to the small lines of words.

Youngjae: Hyung, drawn anything yet?

 

The painter exhaled soundly. Heaven knows he didn't want to reply to the instant message but he knows that it would be fatal if he did so.

You: Not yet.

Youngjae: Nothing sticks in that bear brain yet? Are you even trying hyung?

.....

Youngjae sentences screams loud in Yongguk mind. It sounded so harsh yet it feels so easing. Yongguk know his dongsaeng didn't mean any harm and only he comprehend the deeper meaning behind those words.

You: The sponge cremated already. Give me some more time to absorb this 'lovely' air XDD

 

He wasn't in the mood to joke or make fun of the situation but he really thought of lighten up the invisible tension between them.

Youngjae: Yeah right, hyung. The life there wasn't bad isn't it?

 

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, Youngjae-ah.

You: It's cool here. How about Korea? Everything’s fine? You're not fighting with your boyfriend again, right?

 

Oh Yongguk, what a masochist you're... You ing know that Youngjae's boyfriend is Daehyun and Daehyun is...

Youngjae: Here is fine. However, Daehyun isn't. He's been too busy these past two month. I heard his boss step down for some extended time due to health reason plus some family matters so Daehyun had to work twice hard now. We barely meet anymore.

 

Of all five sentences and the lines, Yongguk can only see the words of 'his boss', 'step down', 'health reason' and family matters. It takes all his might to ignore the churns in his stomach but he lost eventually.

You: What's wrong?

It was short but the hidden meaning was delivered perfectly to the recipient.

Youngjae: That guy was miserable, it said. He was worst even before his mom come attacking him in his office. I dunno the details. Daehyun refused to tell me anything. But I know one of the clerks there and she said it was horrible, for the first time they saw the boss lost his composure. All I know now is he's in France right now. Probably Paris. A wedding to prepare.

 

He's in France? Probably in Paris? Oh God Why?!

You: He's here? In France? A wedding to prepare? I thought you said he step down already.

 

How? He can't be here... For whose wedding?

Youngjae: The clerk told me the wedding isn't noted as business. It was within family. Hyung, I gotta go. It's one of the rare moments of the month where my lover is at my door. Take care Hyung. I'll checkup upon you again later.

 

The painter didn't reply to that. His mind is in turmoil and all he can think is the wedding that is 'within family'... The family with only one sole heir.

A grown up 23 years old son that...

I loves.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's here. arranging a wedding. The point is, whose wedding?

A planner won't go this far for a relative wedding.

Sunhwa?

Is it his and Sunhwa wedding?

No.

My angel...

I've waited 17 years just to see you again. Not once in the long wait I forgot about you. However, I know you can't recall who I am.

It took me 17 years when first I lost you.

How long will it takes if you gone for the second time?

Forever??

What should I do?

I don't want to lose you, not again...

But I wouldn't want to ruin your happiness either...

Happiness?

Are you... happy, my angel?

What Should I Do?

 

 

 

 

 


 

ahhh everyone! I'm so sorry! It's terrible of me, to disappear without even a chapter for 3 months... Am so sorry...

These past months have been hectic for me. I got my handful with my depression/therapy, my uni-prep-school enrolment and some others :P

TBH, am still not in the condition to write but I feel bad leaving you guys hanging just like that so here, I give you a little something for you guys to read. Hehehe...

Sorry again if I annoy anyone who hoping for a real chapter, Sorry, but for now, this is what I can came out with..

Ah! I actually wrote a oneshot (An Onho actually)! Anyone, feel free to read it and drop a comment ya!

HERE

 

P/s: anyone here watching anime or an otaku/fujoshi (like me) please introduce yourself to me and tell me what anime/manga you like the most/currently into... you know, I just want some chitchat to lighten my depression... and talking about anime/manga seems to work on me XDD ... you can add me, or directly tell me in the comment box...

 

Anyhow, again am so sorry... Please comment and subscribe <3