Little Angel and Little Bear

The Perfectionist Angel and Gummy Bear Painter

 

 

Little Perfect

     hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

       Perfect. Has been the word that accompanying his life for the past years. Seven letter word that possessed his mind and drive his body on autopilot every day. For anybody else, it was a curse to live the way he live and do what he did. But for him, that word has been his mantra, his way of life.

Truth to be told, he didn't choose that word to make it his, that word choose him. Kim Himchan was diagnosed to have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ever since he was a 5 years old child.

Born in a loving household where money never become an issue, Himchan was a spoiled baby as he is the only child of the Kim couple. The golden baby who never steps out the door and stand on the filthy ground with his bare feet. He never sat on the kitchen counter, or discretely nudging the damp chocolate mousse cake with his fingers and shove to his little mouth. And he never ever, ever get himself covered in sweats, like ever. It’s not like he was restricted to, it's because he didn't want to. Himchan really isn't interested in getting himself dirty and sweaty in the first place. He was born on the silver platter, no, make it platinum, taken care with full attention of his parents and never really does anything that will make him dirty in anything particular. He got everything set for him and he just have to enjoy it cleanly. Baby Himchan is the epitome of little perfection.

However, it's the pampered prince fifth birthday and everyone start to notice there is something wrong with him.

Himchan works his little off for his fifth birthday as soon as his mother tells him about the grand party. He wants everything turn out to be just like he wanted to, which include a lot of little feet’s running around the house and cute whiny voices instructing some corrections every here and there. He was too big for his own shoes, and too smart to match with kids around his age. But in the end, all that starts well, ends well... well, not really.

The party was massive with every member of the close family and friends coming to celebrate the birthday of Kim's apple eye. A lot of kids running around and touching others carelessly with hands full with dirt and germs, acting all hyper and childish like they supposed to, while the spotlight of the night sitting leisurely on his white highness throne watching with attitude.

Spotting him kinda alone in others eyes, a kind lady come approaching the birthday boy and offers him to go play with the other kids. Despite of being rejected politely from the little boy, the lady insists and took his hand to walk him to group of kids which were playing in kinda harsh way. His round feline eyes widened when he saw a rather smudgy hands of one of the kids, who was chasing the other kid merrily and rawr-ing like a bear. When the lady left him with the groups, Himchan tries to escapes from the 'unhygienic' kid but then, happened.

A light pat on his shoulder done it all.

A shrieking shout escaped his pinkish lips when he realized who had touched him and the brown dirt printed on his dove white dress shirt. The birthday boy freaked out so much that he pushed the tall kid with full force and running towards uncertain direction before he happened to knock on the food server in the bustling people and plates of slimy spaghetti falls on his little figure.

Loud gasps come from the crowd; kids are crying everywhere and Mrs. Kim are shouting for exaggerated medic help.

The birthday boy in the other hand, for the first time sitting on the filthy ground, staining his favorite white designer dress shirt, covered with pieces of foods that ruining his perfectly styled hair, his face and his mind. The baby suddenly crying so hard and began cleaning himself from everything covering him with his little palm but when he caught the sight of his red stained palm from the sauce, the crying become louder and he start to reaching for any piece of cloth his hand managed to catch to wipe himself off, which includes the guests clothes.

It takes the perfectly planned party down in ruins and 5 month of therapy for the Kim's to discover their perfect child disorder.

However, that was 17 years ago.

Kim Himchan is now 23 years old, a face of an ulzzang with control over his disorder even though the disorder is more dominant in him rather than his own mind. He stills the clean frenzy and hunter for perfection. Working as event planner, gives him better access to self-satisfaction as all he planned never go anywhere far from perfection and earning him happy smile from her clients as well as good amount of payment and commissions. He loves his career and he's the best in the field he's in despite his young age.

 

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

Bang Yongguk is an artist working his paint over the canvas. He's not the best in the art world but his work is considered sell-able.

He didn't just come out to the world and start liking art. He's no Picasso, which speaks 'pencil' as his first words and he's no Leonardo da Vinci with vision of tomorrow. He just Yongguk, the amateur painter with talent tangled between his fingers. The reason why he is in the art world is unknown, as he never showed any interest in the abstract field when he was a child. He started like any other kids, running around, exploring the fascinating world, and trying to have everything on his tiny grasp. He loves the feeling of discovering new things and touching god various creations. He loves the adrenalin rush running in his vein when he first reach the peak of the tallest tree that his other playmate can't, the rapid pumping heart when he stand on the grand stage and rapping explosive lyrics composed by himself and the swell in his chest when his father ruffles his head when he brought back his first medal when he won the first place in talent competition.

 

Bang Yongguk always had passion for rapping and he would remember his every single first's.

 

He grew up as a typical boy in elementary but happened to be good looking enough for him to be the attraction throughout the middle school. He's not the brightest student but isn't the worst either. The 'rap prince' has become his nickname as he keep winning every singing or performing competition with his amazing rap and beatbox. The cupboard of honor was filled with cups and medal engraved with his name and he even has his own fan club. In and out of the school.

Despite of the popularity and the titles he got all the way, unbelievably, he's the jock with zero relationship. Girls in high school were pretty and skinny, pretty with caked up face and skinny from food disorder. But hey, it’s high school anyway and ever heard nobody's perfect? However, those half kilograms of cosmetics and brittle bones aren't the reason why he choose to be a relationship ,

 

Bang Yongguk already had someone.

 

Someone who never talk to him except from screaming 'get off', someone who never touch him except from pushing him till his head hit the rock, someone who left with nothing except 5 inches suture on his head.

Someone he didn't even know the name as it was forbidden to ask for it from his parents.

And he’s the reason for Yongguk to do what he do now, painting. Yongguk didn’t have any picture of him, only a vivid remembrance of a little boy with white shirt smiling brightly from his highness chair. His angel.

 

 

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

 

"I got a new client for you" The assistant of the young planner barge in the modernized decorated office with a piece of invoice in his hand. The planner stops typing some vital document on his ultra-book and snapped his head towards the intruder.

"Really? Who is it this time? The president daughter? The Congressman wife? Or just some wealthy spoiled brats with ridiculous demand?"

"But before we step in the business, I just wanna tell you that your mom called just now and insist that you should at least answer her goddamn phone call if you're too lazy to give her a short phone call"

"What is it this time?"

"Your mom favorite is coming back in 2 month, 1 month 3 weeks to be exact, so she wants to throw a homecoming party for her lovely favorite. Mrs. Kim wants you to fetch the favorite from the airport and yada yada yada~"

The way Daehyun keep repeating the word 'favorite' definitely only meaning one thing or one person. Her.

The assistant smile before leaning very closely towards his boss and speak with low and husky voice "Channie-ah... I got a feeling that...this time, it will be your biggest nightmare"

Himchan pout and shove Daehyun away, mumbling few curses under his breath and wipe his hand. He's very well aware of what Daehyun said and become frustrated.

"Urghh... I thought I've talk about this clearly before, I didn't want to marry her. I don't love her. How can I marry her if I don't feel anything for her at all?"

"That was a gay statement you know"

"I know, I’ve been with one, no, two for the longest time of my life."

"And I think you are one too, so make it three"

"What?"

"Please Himchannie, any explanation why you never had a girlfriend?"

"I just..."

"Don't have feeling for them? But do you remember the time where you had a crush with our partner MD? The guy from the joint venture?"

"It was a phase Daehyun. No offense but I'm not like you"

"Please Channie, anyone could see that you're the gayest between me, Youngjae and you. I bet you have more clothes in your walk in closet more than two girls clothes combined together. And don't make me start with your make-ups"

"Those are not make-ups and the clothes are trendy Daehyunnie"

"Yeah, it’s cosmetics, just like my mom, your mom and Youngjae mom used right?"

"Urghhh... yes Daehyun, yes am gay. Is that what you want to hear? Geez. Can we start with the real reason why you're here right now? Because my time is running"

The excited looking assistant shook his head with cynical smile and hand out the invoice he brought in with him, the planner look at the paper skeptically before looking at his assistant,

"Have you sanitized you hand before you touch that? If not, go sanitize your hand first and make a copy of that invoice. I didn't want you to pass some unholy germs on me"

"Channie, how long has I've been working with you? Of course I remember you silly phobia"

 

Channie or Himchannie, is the other name of the young planner a kind of nickname he's grown with. But the authority to call him by the nickname was only possessed by a number of people that can be counted by hand. His parents, Daehyun @ his assistant slash best friend, Younjae @ his closest cousin or now can be more known as Jung Daehyun boyfriend and a couple of people who should not be named. Long story short, that nickname was only for the closest. The one in Kim Himchan list of 'People I Love'.

 

"Hey, that 'silly phobia' got scientific explanation which is OCD that wasn't silly at all, and the period you work with me didn't tell whether you've sanitize your hand or not, Jung Daehyun"

The said Jung Daehyun let out a brief chuckle and place the invoice on his boss desk sliding it right in front of him,

"Yes I've sanitized my hand before I come in and don't worry, I love my career as your assistant too much to risk it by passing you virus okay? I know you got ODC or whatnot but isn't that disorder makes you live like a robot? What does it got to do with the 'germaphobe' thingy?" Daehyun walk towards the guest couch in front of the desk and make himself comfortable on it. Himchan sighed and take the vital paper, but still in conversation with his male assistant,

"Daehyun, its OCD and the 'germaphobe thingy' got it's own scientific name which I prefer better, Mysophobia and yes you're right. I wasn't like this before, but some dark childhood memories did. I swear to god, if I saw that boy again, I'll pour a bucket of hand sanitizer on his puny head and stuffed him in the dry cleaner"

"What did he do? Throw you a tray of lasagna?" Daehyun guess between his laugh and the taller male throw him a dirty look,

"Close enough Daehyun. But I'm not gonna talk about it. Or even think about it" Himchan shuddered even with glimpse of the traumatic memory crossing his mind. The icky feeling start to crawl on his milky skin and the need of a cleaning session begin to grow inside him. Habitually, Himchan pulls the left drawer of his desk out, tons of unused hand sanitizer is revealed and he reached for one particular bottle before pouring a too much amount of it on his palm and smearing them all. Daehyun saw the uneasy look on the beautiful face and decided to more,

"But Channie, it sounds interes..."

"Now Daehyun, what the deal we got here? A wedding party? Seriously?" Himchan quickly change the topic, reading the lines in front of him and then frowned

"Uh huh"

"Daehyun, you know I hate weddings"

"But wedding parties love you. Please? This is a favor from a friend and I don't have heart to reject her. She knows you're perfect for this," Daehyun pleads with his infamous puppy eyes, knowing the OCD patient can never say no to it. Himchan should've been immune to the trick by now but sadly, he's not.

"Find her someone else"

"She wants you" The puppy eyed insists, knowing the prize he'll get if his boss says yes to it. His baby will be happy and that mean a happy night for him.

"You won't stop aren't you? Yes Daehyun, let’s do this. Prepare me a full proposal on the time, venue and the theme she want, the rest you know what to do. Meeting tomorrow"

 

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

 

Kim Himchan never wished to wipe off that blinding smile from his right-hand man face this much.

 

"You know Jung Daehyun, I officially hate you" Himchan leaned backwards to the hug of his chairmen chair, bringing his thumb and index finger to the bridge of the cute button nose and massaging the tense away. It's the after meeting for the next project and the room is almost empty by then.

"What?"

"You should've tell me that this client want a grand art-renaissance themed wedding party! Everybody knows what does that means Daehyun, works with paintings. And paintings mean paint and paint mean dirty and the that comes with it!"

Himchan is a tough curser but he hardly cursed if it was job and when he did, Daehyun just know he's doomed.

"You know about this don't you? Tell me who this client is"

"A- a friend of mine"

"I need details Daehyun, names. And don't lie. I know you despise paintings as much as I hate dirt, there's no way... wait a second. Jung Daehyun, this client isn't friend of yours right? Lemme guess, it's Youngjae's friends. Am I right, Jung Daehyun?" The boss said hypothetically after gathering some pieces together and the assistant smile awkwardly, scratching the back of his locks,

"Umm... I guess I'm caught now?"

"Jung Daehyun!"

"Wait! In my defense, I'm just helping to promote the agency, I mean we just taking the company to a completely new level by accepting this job. Nobody in this field ever planning wedding like this and hey, this client will bring us a lot of cash along with new potential customer if we nailed it"

"And how did Youngjae involve himself in this conspiracy?"

"The painting supplier for the party is his best friend, and he's also the painter of them. Youngjae just want to help to boost his career because that guy is really good with his hand. Himchannie, please? Basically this is a win-win situation, your company got credits and he gained supports for his art"

"God. You two. Good thing I'm a verminophobe and not homophobe. I swear you two will be the end of me. Tell me Daehyun, what did you get out of all this?"

"It will be too much information for you then. But let’s just say, my baby probably cannot go to college for three days"

 

"You beast"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"So the wedding after-party will take place in this hall, almost 2000 people were invited and the tables should be divided on this left side and the right side, the middle lane, we'll place a red carpet for the bride to march in..." Himchan look around the massive hall and inspecting every corner of the room thoroughly. File in his hand is wide open and one of organizer is there, telling him the details of the venue before any specific planning could be made.

"How much space is provided for the paintings? The wall?"

"The brides say maybe 25 percent? And note that at the center of the stage wall, there will be a painting of the newlywed"

"Are those paintings already finished or still..."

"Most of them are ready made for the event but there are 3 pieces in the making by the painter. That including the main painting"

"I see. Thank you then. I guess I'm getting the picture of what I should do then. I'm gonna meet my assistant now, thank you again for your help"

"It's okay. We're counting on you Mr. Kim"

"Yeah"

With a polite nod and light beam, the female leaves the planner alone in the middle of the hall, his brain processing the angle for the drapes, the flowers, the decorations and the supposed paintings. It was all in his mind, the coloration, the choices of fabrics and the tone but there is one problem.

He need to make sure everything in his mind would click with the paintings.

As he was informed, majority of the art pieces was already finished and nothing could be change anymore so it will be his part that needs adjustment here and there to make this wedding a success.

That mean, he has to see the paintings and associates with the painter.

 

Curse you Daehyun.

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

Kim Himchan was standing outside of the painter flat and literally cursing Daehyun to death for making him doing what he's doing now.

"Hey hyung, I literally can hear you cursing my lover you know" Youngjae opens the door with a sneer and look at his boyfriend annoyed boss.

"Good then, I was hoping to"

The young college junior walked out from the flat and hold the door, creating a way for the boss to barged in,

"He's inside. Come in" Youngjae said casually as if it was his own flat, well, he know his way in the flat more than the owner himself. Himchan rolled her eyes and inhale a big amount of air before letting it out rather too dramatic in Youngjae eyes,

"He might look like a bear but you'll like him"

"Yeah right, and I like playing with muds"

One thing that could really connect Youngjae and Daehyun was their hateful chuckles that make Himchan want to slap both of them to oblivion but never to.

Himchan walked into the painter-he-didn't-even-interested-to-know-his-name flat and cannot help to be marveled at the artworks covering almost every inch of the skin-toned wall. In the middle of the flat, was a narrow, long table scattered with pastels and paintbrushes and decorated with abundant paint stains. Stains. Well, that creep him out.

Then he saw him, sitting back facing him, tense back is given to the planner while the painter seems to be absorbed with the canvas in front of him.

"Yongguk-hyung, he's here" Youngjae call upon the guy and standing next to Himchan with arm crossed on his chest.

"Yongguk?" the planner whispered to Youngjae and he nod,

"Bang Yongguk"

Frets were heard when the painter get up from his wooden chair, placing his palette on the small table next to the easel. And what can Himchan say, that male is quite tall. Maybe taller than him.

Than the tall figure turn around, and two dark brown orbs staring straight into the feline lighter colored one.

Both pairs of eye widened in shock, of what, none know. Not even the owner. Himchan somehow think those large round orbs was familiar and Yongguk in the other hand did not think the face in front of him was familiar, he know the face by heart. Too well.

"Yongguk hyung, this is Kim Himchan, the planner Daehyun told you" a brief introduction from Youngjae breaks the eye contact and the stunned painter look a bit lost, blinking his eyes more than usual,

"Kim Himchan" the ulzzang planner bows a bit to the painter. Youngjae was right about the painter look like a bear. A gummy bear, which remind him to someone ...

"Bang Yongguk" Yongguk wipe his smudgy hand to the shirt he's wearing and held it out for a handshake when it look pretty decent but the planner just gawk at the hand briefly before turning his sight to the paintings on the wall.

"Are these the paintings for Bang Jieun wedding party?"

A bit bitten by cold attitude of the new guy, Yongguk looks at the said paintings and retort,

"Yes they are. But not all. Just the painting with blue tag at the frame"

Himchan look at the meant paintings and stunned. It's like seeing pictures of live and nature captured in the square frame, and it's like a story behind a brilliant handwork.

"Miss Bang chooses them all? Or you set it up?"

"No, noona want them by herself"

"Because he had to, his little brother has a boastful collection that even he didn't know what to do with them all" Youngjae slip in the conversation from nowhere, then walking straight at the coat hanger near the door and taking his leather coat hang there,

"I'm going to head home now. So, bye Yongguk hyung, and fancy meeting you again, Himchan hyung"

The tall male look at his best friend and mutter some 'yeah' and 'careful' while Himchan give Youngjae a proper smile and said bye.

"So the bride is your sister?"

"Yeah"

The air seems so tight with only the presence of them in the crammed flat, Himchan pretending himself to be busy inspecting the paintings while Yongguk walked back to his previous state, sitting in his own circle he called 'work space'.

"Umm, Bang-sshi, is it okay if I take a picture of each paintings for the event? I need them to match with the decoration and the color"

A slow 'hmmm' as an approval answer is all was heard from the bear-like painter and Himchan slowly make his way to the paintings, careful not to knock on the narrow table and not to stain his leather shoe with the scattered wet paints while taking out a digital camera from his Burberry messenger bag.

 

The silence becomes unbearable as both of them busying themselves with their own work. Only faint sound of coal pencil sketching on the wide sheet and occasionally accompanied with flick sounds from the digital camera of the planner filling the paint-smelled air and both human could feel the tense air surrounding them.

Looking on the screen of the camera in his hand and satisfied with his own capture, the planner shoved the gadget back in his messenger bag before clearing his throat for the painter attention.

"Eherm..."

The rapid hand movement on the surface of the now-almost-completely-full paper with abstract pattern stopped and the painter turn around at the ulzzang male.

"Yes?"

"I've finished with the pictures and I think I should go now, to make the drafting for the wedding."

"Oh... okay...let me see you to the door"

Yongguk get up from his wooden chair and walk together with the planner to the door of his flat. The strong hand reached out for the handle of the main door, pulling it slightly so the door will be opening wide for Himchan.

Impressed with the courtesy of the painter, Himchan smile at him. Guess that he didn't see the puddle of goo melting on his feet. "Thank you Bang- sshi. I'll be back by tomorrow, to see the main painting of the brides. It still in progress right?"

"Yeah,, sure"

"Good, see you tomorrow, bye Bang-sshi"

"Bye... umm, Kim-sshi?"

"Yeah?"

"You can call me Yongguk if you want. I mean, we're going to work together right? So why don't we drop the formalities and work in more casual way?" Yongguk bit his lower lip after seeing the thoughtful look displayed by the planner, and after a short 10 second, Himchan smile and reply,

"Sure Yongguk. Well, people close to me call me Channie..."

Yongguk smile widened "Okay Channie..."

"But you're not even close, so call me Himchan"

Feisty, is the best word to describe Kim Himchan in Yongguk mind. And Yongguk likes it.

As the click sound of shut door behind him was heard, Yongguk quickly slicks the current sketching he's working on, revealing a blank sheet.

He took the palette he placed on the mini table, hands mixing some color together and a smile creeping on his thin lips,

 

I found you, my angel..

 

 

 

 


Okayyy...so the first chapter is up ^^ I'm sorry if this is boring because of the long style of prologue telling....

And also sorry for the tinie tiny Banghim...

Next come the second chapter :)

 

 

Please leave your comments below if you feel like it ^^