One-Step

The Perfectionist Angel and Gummy Bear Painter

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

That Bear-like painter is a jerk. Bang Yongguk is a jerk. Or that what Kim Himchan thought of him. He should meet the ulzzang after the party like he asked for and then the planner will explain everything to him without hesitation but instead the bastard painter just disappeared into thin air. To the extent of shutting down his phone.

Himchan want to be mad but he can't. He wants to put the blame on someone else but he won't. It was nobody faults.

But a certain someone think he's at wrong. And the perfectionist Kim Himchan didn't like the feeling of being blamed on anything.

The planner wished he could just vent the uneasiness out of his heart but he didn't even know how.

"Hey Channie", Daehyun's voice cut through the silent barrier of frustration encompassing his boss.

"What?" he grunted, mindlessly typing on the alphabets of his MacBook, wondering with annoyance what's was he doing when lines of sentences shown on his screen appear nothing like an agreement letter at all.

 

God, this was so frustrating!

 

"You didn't go for lunch today?" the assistant asked the planner, walking from the glass door to the couch in the boss office. A paper bag was held in his right hand.

"I'll pass" Himchan answered shortly.

"You eat brunch already?" Daehyun casually sat on the modern designed couch with cocked eyebrows, it's not Himchan nature to eat brunch or skipping his meal. The young boss a.k.a his best friend once told him that he’d got a stomachache if he's not eating on time.

Himchan shook his head; eyes never leaving the screen while his index finger roughly abusing the 'backspace' button. Daehyun sighed and placed the paper bag on the coffee table.

"Here, I got you some food"

Rolling his eyes as the sign of annoyance, the young planner look at his right hand man,

"I don't remember ordering anything"

Daehyun chuckled, "of course you don't remember because you don't. I got this especially for you, come" he waved his hand towards his best friend, calling Himchan closer.

Himchan sigh and leaves his swivel chair, striding slowly towards Daehyun.

"Thanks buddy" the planner muttered when he got himself on the other couch, facing the assistant.

"What did you got for me?" Himchan asked,

Daehyun wink at him "I got you Soondae Guk, I see you are in a bad mood these days so I guess I’ll get you your favorite food."

Guk?

"You still like it right?" Daehyun asked innocently,

The ulzzang planner shot him a glare before grunting slowly, "Yeah, I still like... it"

The cheery assistant clapped his hand happily, "Good, now dig in"

"You don't have to do this you know" Himchan spoke while spooning the thick soup,

"I need to. What should we do if the big man fell sick?" Daehyun replied, smiling a knowing mien.

"I'm okay"

"Himchan, did all the mirror in your room break? Because with that ty look, you can't even lie to a kid. You’re obviously not okay" Daehyun already knew that something is definitely troubling his boss head, or in this case, someone.

 

One habit that the young planner never missed whenever someone brings him foods was bombarding the taker with thousands of questions about the food. Where it come from? Who cooked it? Does the restaurant positively clean? Does anyone else touch the paper bag? Is the container disposable? Himchan is a germaphobe OCD patient after all. But instead, he just touch the plastic container without wiping the outside of it with Dettol wet tissue, he grab the steel cutlery which is obviously not on disposable purpose and Daehyun doesn't even rained with accusations.

That guy horribly affects his best friend, the assistant thought.

Himchan stopped slurping the delicious liquid and placed his silver spoon rather dramatically.

"Am I that obvious?" he asked,

"Well, you're asking the obvious"

 

Oh, how I hate your smart remark Daehyun

 

"Does it have anything to do with Yongguk-hyung?"

 

Oh not that I only hate your smart remarks, I also hate you bastard

 

"Keep eating" Daehyun instruct his friend when he saw Himchan starting to lose his appetite, suddenly feel at fault for bringing up that name.

"I'm full" Himchan closed the mouth of the container with its lid, secretly thinking how wonderful it was if he could shut his best friend mouth like that.

"I'm not forcing you then. But just keep it, and eat again if you're hungry" Daehyun get up from his seat, turning his back on Himchan and walk back to the glass door where he came from.

"Channie?" Daehyun called the planner name once again when he's at the glass door, hand clutching on the metal handle,

"Yes Daehyunnie?" he answered lazily,

"Why don't you go to his house?"

"Daehyun, I wish I was a bit stronger so I can break down his flat door, and I don't quite sure if he's there"

 

Yes, the never begging OCD Himchan actually has gone to the painter flat. Just list what he hasn’t done, you'll find none.

 

He already politely pushing the small doorbell before ended up abusing it for the next couple of hours, he already tried to call out the resident name (but the name gradually got longer with the addition of Himchan expansive dictionary of curses), and he already tried the old way by knocking the door which soon lead to kicks that earn him a warning from the security and dirty glares from the painter neighbors. But he still didn't got to see the person he wanted to.

"Call his phone?" Daehyun suggested,

Himchan swallowed painfully, "Service terminated", it hurt him when he remember he tried to call Yongguk, a couple of ring straight into the voicemail, and another try were responded with

'The number you are calling is not in service'

He brings his thumb and index finger to his temple, messaging the pounding ache away but it's still there. Maybe it's not his head that was aching. Maybe it's his heart.

"Maybe you should ---"

"--- Maybe I should just forget him" Himchan cut through his best friend sentence abruptly, standing up to walk back to his work desk, "We're no longer have anything to do with each other anymore, the party was a success and it's over"

It's painful. Right Himchan?

The planner cross his right hand over his chest, the palm clutching tightly his throbbing chest.

It is...

 

A loud thundering voice calling out his name was the last thing he could listen to when his leg suddenly give up on him and Himchan world turned pitch black.

 

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

 

It is one of his rare days off and the workaholic OCD planner would be very grateful if he could spend it laying on his Sultan Hassel back mattress, try to relaxing his tired body and emotion especially after his collapsed-drama in his office that cause big ruckus and spreading rumors around the department. But those were only his wishful thinking. Instead of all those relaxing things, here he is, sitting on a couch accompanying his so-called fiancée surveying wedding dresses.

"Find anything you like yet?" He asks out of boredom after the countless appearance of Sunhwa coming out from the changing room.

Pouting, she answered back, "Yup. I like this one but that one is pretty too. Owh Channie looks! That white dove dress is amazing isn't it?" Sunhwa ran her lean fingers on the material of the newest dress her eyes set on.

"I really like this one, Channie!"

Himchan sighed, "You said the same to the others you've tried"

Pulling the dress off its rack with a help from of the staff, she hold the extravagant dress in her hand and bring it to tired looking Himchan.

"I like this one best! It also contrasting so well with your suit isn't it?" the next words just come into Himchan right ear and fly out from his left. How can he be agree with her to come to this place him definitely confusing his already-confused-head.

"Yeah yeah" He spoke barely showing any amusement, then he asked, "Where did you know this shop anyway? You're here barely here more than two weeks"

Still fondling the dress she liked, Sunhwa retort shortly, "Been here with Jieun before. You know, Yongguk sister. She bought her dress here too"

For a whole week, he tried to avoid listening to that name, but today Sunhwa just said it like it was nothing. Of course, it's nothing... to her.

Spotting the change in Himchan face, Sunhwa just wished she could control for a while.

"I see. Where is he?" The ulzzang questioned the doll faced female next to him, making a way to escape that mentioned name. There's another person that will be joining them today according to Sunhwa.

"He'll be here in second," she replied with a rolled eyes, Himchan guess his habit already rubbing off on his fiancée.

Himchan copied her eye roll sarcastically, "Yeah right"

Ding!

 

Both of the customers of Mato Bridal shop turn their heads to the direction of the glass door, checking the other person who just walks in.

"See" Sunhwa said in triumph and with speed of lightning, she already sticking to the other male like a koala bear.

Himchan look at the intruder they have been waiting for. A male with average height, positively shorter than himself, and bright smiled. His outer fashion sense is totally 'in' but he definitely look like he's trying too much with the pieces.

"I know what you're thinking you horrible critic!" Sunhwa slapped Himchan shoulder playfully when she noticed the planner was observing her love up and down, from head to toe.

"Hi, I'm Hwang Kwanghee. Nice to meet you" and he got a loud voice too, Himchan thought. To be polite, Himchan bows towards 'Kwanghee', after constantly reminded by Sunhwa that he's much older than them.

"Hello Kwanghee-hyung. I'm Kim Himchan. Nice to meet you too"

Kwanghee stare at Himchan intensely before het let out a deep dramatic sigh, "Ah~ what a pretty guy. You such a fine fiancée sweetheart. Hands down. We better break up" He faked a sad expression, slowly turning back to the direction he came from.

Himchan who is obviously clueless, panicking when he heard Kwanghee words,

"H- Hyung... waits...ah..."

The ulzzang planner glower at the only female there, only receiving a bashful face.

"Yah Sunhwa! Aishh" Himchan grunted,

As if it was the cue, Kwanghee and Sunhwa synchronizingly laughing out loud.

"Oppa, look at his face!"

"Himchannie~" The older sang, already putting '-nie' behind the OCD planner name.

These Dorks!

Kwanghee grab the planner by the shoulder (which makes him cringe),

"No matter how good looking you are, I'm not gonna give Sunhwa to you. She's mine" He spoke with such cheerful way, smiling widely but everyone, everyone could understand the threat under those words.

Slightly wavered, Himchan politely brush the hand off him and take a sit on the couch.

 

-------------------------------------

 

To avoid any confusion, Himchan is well- known about the existence of Kwanghee. He is Sunhwa's lover that she met in France while she was working as a free-lancer for one of the famous traveling magazine in South Korea a few years back. Kwanghee was working as travel guide there. They fell head over heels for each other since then. Obviously understand that her engagement with Himchan was purely from family arrangement non involving any feelings from both side, Sunhwa told her 'fiancée' about her lover and they reached an agreement that say, when Sunhwa and Kwanghee decided to become as official David and Victoria Beckham, they'll come out to their parents and end whatever their relationship was called.

When he got the news from Sunhwa, no one can tell how happy Himchan was. Not that he hate Sunhwa, in fact he really loves her but he just didn't like the idea of someone deciding such a worthy of a life matter for him. Marriage or serious relationship is something that he wished he got his full control of it. Who is it, how and when.

However, now when he know who is it gonna be, he didn't know how it gonna be a reality since the other side seemly have developed hatred for him and when he'll gonna get a chance to even met the other person.

Just by thinking about the other one, make the young planner all...

Arghh... my migraine acting up again...

 

 

hr.png&sa=X&ei=4-1MUOqWGNHPrQecrIHoCA&ve

 

 

20 minutes later were filled with lovey-dovey action from the couple and annoyed stare of a bored planner.

"Jagi, why don't you try on this suit?" Sunhwa shove a white elegant suit on Kwanghee chest after grunting over 'Oh no totally No' and 'how come I didn't see this one before?'

Himchan can swear to anything that the couple in front of him was puking unicorns and rainbows by only their teasing glances. Sunhwa might sound a bit controlling and snarky but nobody can miss the love in Kwanghee eyes and the bright sparks of happiness when Kwanghee mouthed 'I love you' to his blushing beloved.

 

Well, every sane person will get jealous at times like that, stuck in between love sick couple. So what will the OCD guy felt?

Extremely jealous.

"Hey, you're drifting away" Sunhwa plopped next to Himchan when her boyfriend peters out behind the curtain and sigh,

"You do that a lot now, what are you thinking? Have any problem?" Not that Sunhwa didn't know what his problem she was just acting polite was.

So I was that obvious like Daehyun said?

Now it's Himchan turn to sigh.

"It's work. Things were piling up and so many things to do"

The female snickers on that I'm-ing-lying answer and got up from the couch to walk on the accessories table.

"I heard you fainted in your office yesterday. Don't tell me it's because of your 'piling up' works"

"Where did you heard that? What else?"

The female glance from her shoulder and cocked left brows up, Daehyun..duhh,,

"Himchan, I know you since we're child. You never ever delay your works or anything. That was impossible for your works to pile up." Himchan was about to interrupt but Sunhwa cut him first. "It's my fault isn't it? I'm sorry. I really don't know that you have something with Jieun's brother. I'm so sorry if I caused misunderstanding that night. I don't know how to make it up for you but, really I’m so sorry" The air around suddenly change, nothing is as cheerful as minutes ago.

For the nth time, Himchan sigh. He follows Sunhwa to the glass table and hugs her from behind. It was friendly gesture, a comforting hug that he thought both of them at that time. Lucky them Kwanghee is taking forever when he's changing, such a girl.

"It's not your fault. I don't even know what our relationship is, we're just beginning to be friends so I didn't tell him that I have such a beautiful fiancée. You know, it's none fault actually. Maybe that jerks the other side think that was absurd of me for not telling him about you, so he cannot trust me anymore. Trust is important in friendship right? I don't wanna think about that for now. Not on my supposed to be off day. Now, look at that necklace, isn't it beautiful. Give it to me, I'll put it on for you"

 

A little bit at ease by Himchan words, she respects him to dropped off the uneasy subject. She smiled and take the necklace from its velvet box, passing it to Himchan who still hugging her. Himchan loosen the hug, put the jewelry on Sunhwa’s long neck, and turn her around facing him.

"It's beautiful on you. If you're wearing a wedding dress right, I swear you'll be the prettiest bride I'd ever seen."

Sunhwa blushed and slapped the planner arm,

"You sweet mouthed . So you changed your mind now? Shall we get married?"

Engrossed in their sudden romantic play, the planner and his 'fiancée' didn't even notice the subtle ring of the doorbell.

Himchan dropped on his knees with serious expression and hold Sunhwa's hand gently,

"My dear beautiful princess Han Sunhwa, wills you abandoned that crappy head and marry me?" the ulzzang ended the proposal with butterfly kiss on the back of the hand causing Sunhwa to squeals and suppressing her laugh.

But Sunhwa's squeals wasn't the only thing that was heard,

"Mr. Bang? It's you. Are you coming to see the pictures of the wedding? I'm sorry we haven't finished with the editing yet" One of the store staff walk passed Himchan towards the entrance direction and her words froze him.

 

Mr. Bang.

 

Sunhwa hastily snapped her hand from Himchan and the planner stands up slowly. Still back facing the new customer, the planner is battling with his own thought.

Is it Yongguk?

How long has he been there?

Did he saw?

Will he misunderstand again?

"Channie, it's Yongguk," Sunhwa whispered slowly, confirming his first question.

Himchan clenched his fist, frozen in his place, unsure whether to turn around and look at the face he's been missing or just act like the painter was never there.

"It's okay. I just dropping off to inform that I might get the photos after a month. My sister is going for her honeymoon and I won't be available for some time to pick them up."

Yes, that's Yongguk voice. the hoarse and husky tone was definitely his.

'I won't be available for some time'

Are you going somewhere Yongguk? Somewhere far?

 

"I better get going. Have a nice day"

 

Turn around Himchan.

 

"Thank you for informing us beforehand. Have a nice day too Mr. Bang" the staff bid him goodbye and Himchan... still standing like a statue.

 

He's going...

 

The doorbell finally chimes once again, but not signing someone in but someone out.

 

Turn around Himchan!

 

One-step out from the store door.

 

Just ing turn around!!!

 

 

And one-step out from the life of an ulzzang planner.

 

 

 

 

 


Finally, an update! Am so proud of myself lol....

This chapter was written out from a very disturbed mind so please, mistakes are all mine and you guys are welcomed to point anything out  :)

anyone want to make a guess on what happening next? Or simply giving me suggestions? Tell me what you want to see in the next act in the comment box and we'll see if that will happen ^^

 

Subscribers and commentors are greatly loved <3