Chapter 2: The Voice

Haru Haru [HIATUS]

As Haru was reaching to the end of the song, she turned around only to see Ji Yong staring at her as his drink fell down from the grasp of his hand. Ji Yong was still staring blankly at Haru, mesmerized by her voice and her beauty; as if he was in a trance.

"umm...excuse me. I'm sorry if i bothered you, i didn't think that anyone would be awake around this time and i didn't think that i was loud", Haru bowed as she apologised. Ji Yong still hasn't snapped out from his trance until Haru tapped his shoulder. Ji Yong shook his head and looked at Haru. Ji Yong blushed as he was embarassed to be caught staring at Haru.

"I'm sorry. umm... you were not bothering me or anything", Ji Yong stuttered. Haru smiled and walked away slowly.

"Isn't she the lady from the plane?", Ji Yong thought. Ji Yong stopped Haru from walking away by calling her out. Haru turned around surprised. "Miss. Do you know who I am?", Ji Yong asked. Haru was confused, she tried to remember. Then, she recalled the plane incident.

"Ara.. The man with the unique fashion sense and comfortable broad shoulder", Haru replied happily. Ji Yong smiled and asked why is she out alone at night. Haru explained how she just wanted to stroll around at night, especially since she just moved in. Haru asked the same thing to Ji Yong; only to have a similar answer to Haru's answer. Haru bid  Ji Yong goodnight, but JI Yong stopped her again as he asked if they can be friends.

"Sure, why not? This would make you my first Korean friend beside my childhood bestfriend", Haru smiled. They exchanged numbers and finally went home for the night.

The next morning, Jae Joong entered Haru's room and gave her a morning kiss on the forehead. "Haru, wake up. Its orientation day. Go take a shower , and prepare. Breakfast is ready. We leave in an hour", Jae joong whispered softly into Haru's ear. Haru woke up and nodded as Jae Joong walked out of the room. Haru looked at the time and it was 7 in the morning; all of a sudden, Haru's phone rang, there was a message. Haru checked her phone, and it was from Ji Yong;

>'Good Morning Haru. I hope you're awake already. I just to tell you that i forgot to say yesterday. Your voice was beautiful. Have a great day ^^'.

Haru smiled widely while blushing. It was the first friend she have since she arrived and it was a new experience for her. Haru felt happy.

Orientation:

Haru arrived with Jae Joong into the university for orientation day. They had to be on time as they were the freshman speech for the opening of the orientation; Haru was the top student with the highest grades. As they went to class, everyone was staring at them. Just as both Haru and Jae Joong that they were glared at, when in fact, they were mesmerised by all the students, some even thought that they were model or international artists.

As the first orientation day was at its end, Haru received a text message from her father, summoning her to come over the main head quarters after university. They left straight to headquaters to meet Haru's father, and as they arrived Haru's father's  office, immediately Haru was already given work.

"Haru-ya, the office where you'll be taking over is near to where you, you'd be the co-director of that head quarters", Haru's father said as he looked outside the window.

"And what department exactly am I handling exactly?", Haru asked with curiousity.

"I have a friend that owns that company, but I am the 2nd major holder of his company; and he personally asked help from me, on top of that , he personally asked you to manage them", Haru's father said.

"them?", Haru questioned.

"you'll see", Haru's father sat and smiled.

"Hold on, if i'm a co-director, then why am I 'managing' them?", Haru said.

"Well, you see, the director said that they needed a person who can multitask. Besides, think of it this way, you're being independent by having two job at once", he said, "you'll be helping the director with meetings and managing them".

"but who is them???", Haru said as her patience was running out.

"like i said, you'll see", Her father said with a smirk," but in the meantime, you should go home. It's getting late. Come home this weekend, the 4 of you. Dinner at home".

Jae Joong and Haru nodded and bowed as they bid their goodbyes and left home. Haru's father was still sitting in his office as he talked to himself, "Haru-ya. As much as i love that you and Jae Joong are inseparable, but i really wanna see you meet new people, and I pray for Jae joong to also meet new friends. You are both growing up and you need to experience love. I hope this job would open up your eyes".

Jae Joong and Haru arrived home, greeted by Anna and Phillip. As both were walking back to their rooms, Jae Joong looked back and called out for Haru.

"Haru, are you psyched for this job?", Jae Joong asked.

"I guess so. but seriously, why am i managing 'them' and becoming a co-director too?", Haru sighed.

"Dad probably has his motives, but until you actually work with 'them' and me to assist the director; his motives are unclear", Jae Joong explained.

"so hold on. Why is this called 'independent'? I mean, he set me up with work. If i was to be independent, i should be searching for my own job and going in for interviews", Haru said as she looked at Jae Joong.

"I asked dad earlier, he said that he wants to at least let you work in a place where he knows your progress", Jae Joong claimed.

"There you go, that's the motive", Haru exclaimed as she released a big sigh and both walked off to their room. As Haru was going to sleep, she received a text from Ji Yong:-

JY: "Haru! You awake?"

H: "Hey Ji Yong! Yeah, i'm awake. What's up?"

JY: "Do you want an ice-cream? i bought quite a few"

H: "Sure, where are you?"

JY: "I'm planning to go to the playground park nearby, what say we go there? I'll wait for you outside your building"

H: "Sure. I'll be out in 5"

Haru went out in a cow pajama jumpsuit and met Ji Yong. Haru was surprised as she saw him in the same animal jumpsuit, and as Ji Yong turned around; he was as surprised as Haru was.

"Ji Yong! OH MY GOD! We're wearing the same thing!", Haru giggled.

"Totally didn't expect this!", Ji Yong laughed. They walked together side by side as they ate ice cream and talked, then they arrived at the swings. They both played at the swings as they talked about the full moon and the beautiful night sky. The perfect wind that breezes through Haru's hair. Ji Yong remembered about how they met at night and how Haru's voice lingered in his mind.

"Haru, the other day; at night, you sang Mandy Moore's 'Only Hope', i heard you singing, and i have to be honest, it's beautiful. Do you sing often?", Ji YOng asked as he ate his ice cream and stared at Haru. Haru stopped playing the swing as her cheeks began to blush as pink as the cotton candy.

"T-th-thank y-yo-you... but no, I don't sing often, only in front of my childhood friend", Haru stuttered as she blushed. They stopped playing the swings and sat at the bench. Ji Yong offered to listen to his music and Haru nodded, hence Ji Yong puts on one of the earpiece into Haru's ear and the other one to himself.

"Haru, you know how you said that you only sang in front of your childhood friend, right?", Ji  Yong asked curiously. Haru nodded and Ji Yong asked who her childhood friend was.

"Well, his name is Kim Jae Joong and we've been friends since birth as our parents were bestfriends. Joongie's parents passed away in a car crash when Joongie was 4 years old, so our family took him in. Ever since then, we were inseparable and we've done everything together. He's like my twin, and i'd feel lost. He's even living with me now and attending the same university", Haru explained with a smile. Ji Yong started having thought that distrubed him a little, like if she knows that Jae Joong is a man and its not normal to live with a man alone if he's not your lover, so Ji Yong asked nervously to Haru if its only them living together. Haru looked at Ji Yong who's asking her nervously as if its a serious question to which she answered that she has a guardian that have been with them ever since they've been studying abroad. Ji Yong gave out a loud sigh of relief.

"How old are you and which university do you go to?", Ji Yong asked.

"I'm turning 20 soon in July and I attend Sungkyunkwan University under Business management", Haru answered, "I'm working soon too, at a company, helping my father's friend".

"Oh! that sound promising. It's getting late, you got class tomorrow right? you should go to bed now", Ji yong said.

"Ara... That's true. Alright then, shall we go back?", Haru said with a smile. They walked back together side by side as they listened to Ji Yong's music. A song so mellow yet beautiful, it fitted the night scenery and surroundings. As they arrive, they had people waiting for them outside, only to be surprised to see both Haru and Ji Yong back together listening to music like a couple would at night time, to make the judgement worse, they were wearing the same jumpsuit which made them looking like a couple. It was....

 

A/N: Sorry if i dont make sense, or rather its too long. and if there is any english errors do comment x. Have fun reading. Drop in any suggestions and i will try to put them in.

HAVE A GREAT DAY xx