Day 25 (Thursday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

“What could I get you two?” the girl asked with a small notepad and a sharpened pencil in her hands, ready to take their orders.

“A Caramel Macchiato for me,” Luhan answered with a shy smile. He turned his attention from the girl to the man siting in front of him. “What about you?”

Minseok studied the menu one more time before finally deciding. “Uhm, just an Americano, please.”

The girl wrote down their orders and then looked up at them with a polite smile plastered to her lips. “They’ll be here in a minute.”

After she left, an awkward silence came over the table. Minseok looked curiously around and enjoyed the bitter coffee smell that had met his nostrils as soon as they’d set their feet inside the small café. The café was nicely arranged with a few normal chairs- and tables-sets and then there was a couch area with a small coffee table put in front of the couch. The party sat at a normal table, facing each other, so of course Minseok could feel Luhan’s gaze resting on him. Minseok didn’t dare to look at the other; afraid that if he got eye contact he would get even more uncomfortable and awkward than he already was. It felt different to be with Luhan like this, almost frightening… strange. If he looked into the other’s eyes, he knew he would regret it. He could feel the back of his mind constantly reminding him about something, something important, but the information wasn’t comprehensible yet. The message couldn’t get through, but it felt like an important message.

Minseok kept gazing around the small café until the waiter came back with their coffees. She placed them in front of their owners and then told the party to ‘enjoy them’.

They grabbed their hot coffee at the same time and before sipping slightly to the burning hot liquid, they looked each other in the eyes. Minseok quickly made sure to look down at his coffee as the mug made contact with his lower lip, letting the hot beverage slip over his tongue and burn his throat as he swallowed; just the way he liked it.

Luhan was different; he blew on the beverage before drinking.

And after a short moment with both of them sipping to their coffee without muttering a word, Luhan cleared his throat and got the other’s attention.

“Can I…” Luhan asked and hesitantly pointed at the mug in front of Minseok. “Can I try it?”

Minseok looked with fully open eyes before he nodded slightly and pushed the mug in Luhan’s direction. “Sure.

And then Luhan placed his lips on the mug. Minseok didn’t know if it was the same place his own had been just a few seconds ago, but either way he could still feel the memory of those beautiful, soft lips against his own. He had the urge to touch his own lips and blush, but he didn’t. He controlled himself.

Luhan made a funny face when he sat the mug down again. “It’s bitter. Very bitter.”

He pushed the mug back to Minseok, and the latter swore that he could see the print of Luhan’s lips on the mug’s clean side.

Minseok smiled at the other’s reaction to the taste of real coffee.

“Here, try this,” Luhan offered his mug with the Caramel Macchiato in it. He held it in his hand with an outstretched arm. “This is good coffee.”

Minseok hesitantly grabbed the mug, his fingers grazing Luhan’s while doing so, and it wasn’t only the heat from the mug he could feel on his skin when he drew his hand closer to his body to taste the liquid.

Luhan quickly got the mug back while Minseok wore a displeased grimace.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan questioned before he took a sip of his coffee.

Minseok took an extra glance at the mug in Luhan’s hands. “You call that coffee?”

Luhan laughed at the sudden question and Minseok quickly turned his gaze to look down at the surface of the table. He felt embarrassed, but also slightly happy to hear such a carefree laugh leave Luhan. He couldn’t help the small smile that tugged in the corners of his mouth.

Luhan’s laughter quickly died down and then they both looked at the table.

“You know… This almost feels like a date,” Luhan said and let his thumb run up and down of the mug handle while he gazed down in the coffee.

And that was when Minseok knew why this felt so strange, awkward and uncomfortable. It was because it almost was like a date. They’d never been on a date, they’d mostly only stayed in Luhan’s apartment, so just the fact that they were both out in public, sitting in front of each other and exchanging a few glances was enough to make Minseok’s chest tighten and hurt.

 

 


A/N: I know...... It was boring.... sorry .-.

You guys are crazy! 230 subscribers? I don't deserve it.... ._.