Day 18 (Thursday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

Luhan grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and screwed the lid off. Before taking a swig he told Minseok shortly about the departure the following day; “Tomorrow at 4 PM,” Luhan stated out of nowhere and made Minseok turn around to look at the Chinese.

“What?” Minseok questioned and explained sheepishly further. “I wasn’t listening.”

“The flight will depart tomorrow at 4 PM. We should be there at least two hours before,” Luhan said and looked at Minseok.

Minseok was busy cooking something Luhan didn’t really know what was. The only thing he knew was that it would be delicious. Minseok always cooked delicious food, and his food was also healthier than the food Luhan usually ate before Minseok came into his life.

“Okay,” Minseok smiled and turned back to the groceries he was chopping.

Luhan placed the bottle on the counter and let Minseok’s name roll over his lips.

“Minseok,” he got the other’s attention by only mentioning the other’s name. Minseok turned around to face Luhan with a big smile attached to his lips. “Can I hug you?”

“Uhm,” Minseok looked confused at him but agreed. He wasn’t allowed to say no, because this was one of the wishes Luhan had.

Luhan scooted closer and when he stood right in front of Minseok he looked embarrassedly at the Korean boy. He held his arms out from his body until he felt his body collide with Minseok’s warm one. His arms were placed under Minseok’s and he pressed himself closer to the boy. He felt two hesitant arms come up to wrap comfortably around his own body. Minseok fit Luhan’s embrace, Luhan noted. Minseok felt better to hug than his ex. Minseok was also better at hugging than his ex. Minseok was just better at everything than his ex was; better at cooking, better to talk with, better at cleaning, better at understanding Luhan. Luhan’s head rested on Minseok’s shoulder as he held him close. He soon rearranged his head position so his forehead rested in the crook of Minseok’s neck.

“Is there…” Minseok tried slowly when he felt the other’s body press closer to his own. Minseok played lightly with the hair in Luhan’s nape with his fingers. He actually liked Luhan’s embrace and wondered about why Luhan had waited this long before actually taking advantage of the contract. “Is there a reason for why you’re doing this?”

“No,” Luhan was quick to respond. “There’s no reason at all. I just wanted a hug.”

“That’s good,” Minseok smiled at Luhan’s answer and the latter could hear the smile in Minseok’s voice. Luhan felt secure and loved in Minseok’s arms. He wanted it to last forever so his hold tightened slightly. Minseok’s behind was pressed against the kitchen counter, but it didn’t annoy Minseok the slightest. All that mattered was the slightly taller male in his arms.

“This is nice,” Minseok admitted after some while of silence. He still had a smile on his lips, but his eyes were closed.

Luhan nodded against the other’s shoulder and enjoyed the feeling of being held close. He’d missed the comfort you got when you hugged someone and now he finally got it. He pulled back and the same did Minseok while he opened his eyes. They looked at each other; both wearing a small smile and then Luhan pressed his lips lightly against Minseok’s. The latter was taken aback at first, but only for a second or two. He soon melted into the kiss and cooperated to make it sweet and innocent. Luhan kissed the other two times before he pulled back to ask Minseok for permission.

“Is this okay?” he questioned, a few inches of air separating their faces.

Minseok leaned closer so their lips would meet in another kiss, but only one. When he pulled back he had his lower lip between his teeth and looked embarrassedly down, trying to get away from Luhan’s intense stare.

“It is,” Minseok murmured and soon after their lips were on each other’s again.

It was short, quick kisses that were exchanged, but both parts liked it that way. Luhan’s hands were placed on the kitchen counter behind Minseok, and the latter’s hands were placed on the other’s hips. Minseok’s was pressed tightly against the kitchen counter as Luhan came closer. The kisses quickly slowed down; they were more caring, more loving now. Luhan pulled back once in a while to admire Minseok’s face. A smile was attached to the lips that had just been on his own, and Minseok’s smile quickly got the other to smile too.

He didn’t like to admit this, but Minseok had captured his heart. He liked him more than just a friend, and it began to annoy him that Minseok only was his one-month-friend. Sure, he could always extend the contract, but Luhan thought it would be better if Minseok would just disappear after that month. Then he would not come to ‘love’ the other. ‘Like’ was better than ‘love’ Luhan had found out when his past exes broke up with him. The exes he’d loved were much harder to forget than the ones he’d only liked. He wouldn’t be so stupid to fall in love with Minseok. He had learned from his past relationships that he should just keep away from falling for biual men; they always brought the most pain.

Luhan gave the other one last kiss that lasted a little longer than the others and then he pulled back. He smiled at Minseok and caressed the latter’s cheek softly. A sad smile was on his lips: “I’m so stupid.”

 



 

A/N: I've uploaded the description and foreword for 'Antidepressant', so please go check that out and hit the subscribe button if you feel like it or actually want to read it :) (Just gonna warn you here; 'Antidepressant' is not for everyone, it's quite mature and maybe a little frightening some places~ ^^)