2

Loving You A Thousand Times

A girl with a shoulder-length hair climbed the stairs heading to the second floor of the school building. She bit her lips furiously. She fastened her steps as her eyes caught the sign ‘Prefect Room’ at the door. She pushed the door furiously and barged in. All the eyes of the prefect in the room stared at her.

“Ya! Don’t you have any manners? Barging in here just like that! Can’t you see that we’re in a meeting right now? You better get out before I report it to the discipline teacher!” Sohee yelled at her. She’s really annoyed with this girl because she just barged in and what make her more angry is she doesn't even show any fear when she yell at her like that.

“Hey, Sohee! I don’t have any business with you, okay? So, you better keep your mouth shut. You think I care about your discipline teacher? If you wanna report at the headmistress, go on. I don’t care!” reply the fair-skinned girl arrogantly. Sohee widened her eyes looking at the girl in front of her.

“Ya, Dara! You think when you’re rich, your father’s a DO here you can be that proud, huh? Until you don’t have any respect to anyone at all! Such a...”

Jiyong interfered before Sohee can finishes her words. “Okay, that’s enough! I don’t want this room to be a fighting scene.”

“I’m not searching for a fight, Jiyong oppa, but look at this stucked-up girl, barging in here just like that. She thinks her father got a share here, she can do whatever she wants,” grumble Sohee defending herself.

“Ya! You better watch of your mouth! Don’t you involve my father in this matter. Listen here, not just this room my father can buy but he can buy the whole school also, you know?!” yelled the girl called Sandara.

The prefects in there shook their head a few times and sighed. A short-haired girl interfered. “Dara unni...” she softly called. That arrogant girl turned her head to Minzy’s direction.

“I didn’t mean to interfere but, the way you come in, and then you started to get angry, I don’t think it’s appropriate, unni. Whatever the problem is, how about we settle it carefully?” Minzy’s voice is so soft. Dara widened her eyes hearing her words.

“Hey, Minzy. I’m not here to hear your lecture! Don’t think that you’re the closest person to me in this school, you can be the goody-shoe and tell me what to do! For your information Minzy, I don’t even want to be friend with you. You’re just a low class student, but because you always following me around, I just let you be. Now you realized who you are, right? Shut up.” Dara said harshly.

Minzy bowed her head sadly. The other prefect started to fidget. Seunghyun elbowed Jiyong asking him to stop the fight.

“Park Sandara...” Jiyong spoke her full name. That girl turned her head to Jiyong. Their eyes met for a while. Clearly in her eyes that she hated that guy. Jiyong’s suddenly feel uneasy when looking into her eyes, but he managed to control his face expression.

“I don’t know what exactly is your purpose coming here, so can you please tell me what it is?” ask Jiyong softly but still firm. Dara smirked before replying.

“You wanna know why I enter this awful room? Because I wanna see the Head Prefect of this school named Kwon Jiyong that everyone respect as the most genius, dedicated, and highly disciplined student in this school. But actually the Head Prefect of this school is a hypocrite! He pretend to be good in front of you guys but actually his behavior is the worst!” yelled Dara.

Everybody’s in the room is shocked hearing it especially Jiyong, his expression changed. He gritted his teeth, his heart beating rapidly. His eyes never leave the girl that just threw harsh words about him.

“Ya Dara! What’s your problem? Watch your words when you’re talking to your senior! Give some respect!” Seunghyun scolded her.


“She’s very disrespectful, oppa. Minzy and I are in the same class as her and we’re really annoyed with her stuck up behaviour. Ya, Dara! You get out of here. Don’t show your oh-so-beautiful face here!” grumble Sohee, pissed. Minzy just kept quiet beside Sohee. Even after what Sohee just said, Dara can only smirked.

“Listen to me, ladies and gentleman. I’m not crazy yet to come here just to insult your Head Prefect if he didn’t bother me first! This letter!” she threw the letter in a blue envelope at the table in front of her. Everybody in the room are confused especially Jiyong.

Seunghyun grabbed the letter quickly. Without asking, he took out a piece of paper from the envelope and read it. A crease formed his forehead. Finished reading it, he looked at Jiyong, asking for answers. Jiyong grabbed the letter from him. His eyes almost bulged out reading the content. He shook his head again and again.

“Dara... I...” Dara cut in before he can start talking.

“I don’t wanna hear any explanation from you, the letter alone makes me nauseous. Ya Jiyong! Listen here carefully. A guy like you can never have a place in my heart. Go and shove your face to a mirror, are you worthy to be with me? Ugh, gross. This is my last warning. If I receive another stupid love letter from you, I’ll make sure that you won’t be schooling here anymore! So, I hope you’ll keep my words in your head forever!” Dara yelled harshly shocking everybody in the room.

However, Dara never regretted what she just said. With that, she left the room without feeling guilty at all. She stopped for a while and turned around. Jiyong that still in shock, just stand there immobile.

“Oh, and you’re gonna have a big exam later, right? I wish you the best of luck. If you fail, I guess you’ll just have to take care of your goats. Haha,” Dara snickered.

Without wasting time, she left the room with a satisfied look.

---

Jiyong heaved a sigh and plopped down the chair. He shook his head a few times and heaved another sigh. The other just look at him in sympathy.

“Is it true that you give that rich kid the letter, Ji?” Daesung asked. The room fell silent. Jiyong face palmed a few times, clearly he’s pressured by it. Sohee who were reading the letter shook his head.

“No... I know oppa will not give this stupid letter like this. There must be someone who is jealous with oppa. He sabotaged Ji oppa, and give it to the stuck up girl. Yeah, we all know that the city girl never like a single person here. No class, she said. Ugh, I hate her!” babble Sohee.

“Yeah, I’m thinking bout that too. Take a look at this Ji. It’s definitely not your writing. And it looks like...” Seunghyun showed the letter to Jiyong.

“Seungri’s!” Sohee exclaimed. Seunghyun nodded vigorously.

“I thought so! I’m the same class as him, who wouldn’t recognize his bad handwriting? Haish, that Seungri! He always annoys people! I wanna tell Uncle Dongwook!” Sohee’s voice trembled in anger. Jiyong turned to his cousin, shaking his head.

“I don’t want you to make a fuss. Remember, don’t tell anything to my dad. Moreover, appa is close with Dara’s father.” Jiyong spoke. Sohee frowned hearing him.

“Let’s just tell Uncle. Then, Uncle will tell that ’s dad all about her!” deny Sohee, still unsatisfied.

Jiyong raised from his seat calmly. “Sorry about earlier. It’s getting late now. Let’s just postpone our meeting,” he told the prefects. The others just nod.

“Okay, Sohee. I’m going back first. Remember, don’t make the situation worst.” Jiyong left the Prefect Room with a heavy heart.

“Doctor Hyung! Doctor Hyung!” a boy’s shout bring Jiyong back to reality. He smiled watching the boy came running towards him.

“Doohyun... Why are you shouting? Have you eat your breakfast?” ask Jiyong with a delighted tone. The 12 years old boy shook his head.

“Not yet. Doodoo wanna eat with hyung. Hyung said to me that we cannot let ourselves eat alone, we have to remember other people while eating,” reply the boy, calling himself Doodoo.

Jiyong shook his head and pulled Doodoo closer to him. “What I meant is, when we’re eating we have to be grateful because there are other people that are starving because of no food. Get it?” Jiyong the kid’s bald head.

Doodoo nodded his head vigorously. “Yeah, Doodoo. Come here, let’s go inside and eat. If you’re late, Seungri hyung will finish all the food. Hurry!” Bom said coming out from the house.

Doodoo panicked hearing it and he run inside the house, worrying if the food has gone. Bom joined me sit on the bench.

“Poor Doodoo, oppa. He’s already 12 but his mind is still like a little kid. One more, he always call you Doctor Hyung just because you treat him when he got a fever. I was once called Doctor Noona also just because I gave him his medicine. I think all the person who gives him medicine or treat him when he sick, he call them Doctor. Haha,” Bom laughed. Jiyong joined her laughing. However, Bom’s laugh died. She averted her gaze to the dry paddy field. She heaved a sigh.

“But I love him. If he’s not here, the house will be really quiet, right, oppa?” Jiyong nodded slowly.

“He’s a ‘slow’ kid, Bom. That’s how he is. Doohyun has been a part of our family. Oh yes, I want you to take care of him, okay? Don’t let him play in the drain and dirty things,” Jiyong said half-whispering.

Bom smile delightfully. “He’s such a naughty kid! Haha.” Bom laughed again. “Oppa, let’s go inside and eat. You’ll be going for Seoul, right? I’m gonna search for Aunt Jandi, who knows where she is right now,” told Bom while grabbing Jiyong’s left arm. Jiyong become uneasy suddenly.