1

Loving You A Thousand Times



Jiyong shook his head over and over again, he looked at his brother’s face again before looking away outside the opened window.

“What have you done, Seungri? You always cause problems! Just last month you got beaten by the loan sharks because you borrow from them. Lucky Jiyong helped you pay them back. And now, you come and bring another problem!” snarled Mr. Kwon at his second son.

Seungri kept quiet with his head hanging low, bowing to the floor. Mrs. Kwon took a deep breath and let it go slowly.

“Yeobo, that’s enough, it already happened.” Mrs. Kwon interrupted.

Jiyong turned to look at his mother with a crease on his forehead. Mr. Kwon continued to snort.


“How can you take it so easy? And you know what, because you always defend him he already got this far!”

“He’s really good in causing problems but when he’s stuck, it’s always Ji who have to help him out. He just worked for one year but he already dare to make a loan from the bank. Then, he quit his job just like that. Now, Ji had to bear it for him!” reply Mr. Kwon with a frustrated tone.

Mrs. Kwon face changed when her husband replied to her like that. Jiyong who just remain silent, finally spoke when he sense a fight between his parents.

“Appa, that’s enough, no need to make a fuss about this. I’ll try to find a way to solve this,” Jiyong interfere.

Mrs. Kwon smirked before her husband can speak. “Ji don’t even have any problem to solve Ri’s debt. You’re just trying to make it worse. Ri is not that bad,” her words are cynical. Mr. Kwon widened his eyes in shock.

“Not that bad, you say? He lives just to cause trouble! And you’re saying he’s not that bad? If he’s willing to take the risk by himself then, it’s fine. But no! He just have to burden someone else. Hey, this is not the first time that your son created a mess. I would want to smash his head right now! He never changed!” snarled Mr. Kwon making the house in silence.

At this time, no one would dare to make a noise especially Seungri, his face was so pale looking at his father’s angry face. Jiyong quickly went to his father, patting his shoulder.

“Appa, don’t be so mad. Your blood pressure’s gonna be high. Let’s go out and take a fresh air,” Jiyong coaxed his father softly.

Mr. Kwon that looks like he wanted to kill Seungri cooled down. He took a deep breath before following Jiyong outside. Mrs. Kwon and Seungri just stared at each other with their mouth shut.


Mr. Kwon sat on a bench at the garden in the backyard. He stared at Jiyong’s face for a while. Jiyong’s face is just exactly like his mother’s. He just got the nose from him but the rest is just like his late wife, Hana. His mind drifted off thinking about his beautiful wife once he saw Jiyong smiling. That smile, just like Hana.

“Appa...” Jiyong’s voice brought him back to reality. He raised his eyebrow while still staring at his son.

“Early tomorrow morning, I have to go to Seoul. The case at the court is at 2 pm. I think I can get there before 2, plus from Busan to Seoul is not that far,” Jiyong said. His blond hair had been messed up by the wind. Mr. Kwon shook his head.

“How long are you gonna keep helping him? Ji, that sue is on his name and we’re just the guarantor in this case, why do you need to trouble yourself to go to the court? Just let him settle his own problem. Just when will he settle his own problem? He is grown up, Ji. He can handle things by himself. I’m against you’re helping him,” Mr. Kwon protested. Jiyong took a deep breath and look straight at his father.

"Appa, Seungri is my dongsaeng, even though we're from different mother but I care for him. To me, this is a hyung's responsibility, helping his dongsaeng when he's in hardship. Moreover, being a borrower or guarantor got the same responsibility in law, appa. That has been stated when we're signing with the bank. It's okay, today I’ll help him, and who knows, maybe he'll help me later?" Mr. Kwon snorted hearing Jiyong's last sentence.

"Seungri helping people? It must be the end of the world," reply Mr. Kwon still snorting. Jiyong smiled bitterly hearing it. Mr. Kwon heaved a sigh and patted Jiyong's shoulder.

"Hmm, about the sue letter, appa will try to solve it. I looked at the firm name, if I'm not mistaken, it's Park Hyunsuk's." Mr. Kwon fall silence for a while, his forehead creased, like he's thinking about something. Finally, he nodded his head a few times and a smile crept on his lips.

" Yeah, Ji. it's true. It's my best friend's firm, YG. Do you remember Hyunsuk?" asked Mr. Kwon with a happy tone. It's Jiyong's turn to crease his forehead.

"Which Hyunsuk?" Jiyong asked again to be sure.

“Park Hyunsuk that once the district officers here.  Her daughter, Dara, do you remember Dara? I don’t remember her full name. She’s in the same school as you and if I’m not mistaken, she’s the same class as Seungri.” Mr. Kwon tried to make his son remember eagerly.

Jiyong looked a bit uneasy when his dad’s best friend’s daughter was mentioned. Jiyong cleared before replying. “Sandara, appa.” Jiyong spoke her name swiftly.


“Haa! Yeah, Sandara! Her name is so unique, I always forgot. Haha. But she studied here just for a few months, then, Hyunsuk has been transferred to Seoul. I heard, he stopped working for the government, but then, he opened his own firm.”

“Hyunsuk is a nice man, Ji. He’s never arrogant even though he’s a successful man today. Just he rarely came here because his parents died. He’s the only child, so what’s the point of coming back here, right?”

“Eh, tomorrow I’ll follow you too. We’ll leave early so we can meet him first. Who knows if he can help us with anything.” Mr. Kwon spoke eagerly. Jiyong become more and more uneasy.

“Appa, I don’t think we should involve Mr. Park in this case. I can handle it myself. Furthermore, I already have half of the money to pay to the bank. The rest, I’ll just handle it with the bank,” Jiyong explained in effort to reject Mr. Kwon’s idea. Don’t know why but his heart become incoherent. His heartbeat is uneven.

Mr. Kwon raised from his seat. He glanced at his son face that changed gloomy. “It won’t be that much of burden. We’re just gonna get some help so that this case won’t have to bring to the court. We try to settle it with the bank properly. That’s why I’m asking Hyunsuk’s help, he must know some of the bank’s staff. Okay, I’m going in now. You’re staying?”

Jiyong shook his head. “I’m going to the goat farm for a bit.” Jiyong replied slowly and left her father still standing at the doorway with a confused look.

‘Is he having a problem?’ Mr. Kwon thought before entering the house.

---

Jiyong face palmed a few times. His father’s idea is really making him uneasy this time. He wanted to reject it but his father has already decided. If he obeys it, his heart will suffer.

Oh, God! What should I do...? he heaved a sigh while messing his blonde hair.

“Hello, Mr. Kwon Jiyong! Are you daydreaming?” Seunghyun’s voice bring him back to reality.

“What...?” he replied slowly. He glanced at his friend, joining him sitting on the bench.

“Hi doctor, you’re not working today?Pity your patients, coming just to see the clinic is closed, ” asked Jiyong sarcastically.

Seunghyun just grinned hearing it, he elbowed his friend that is too concerned with the problems around him. “Ji, enough with your too concern about your family problems, don’t involve me with your concern. A person like you suits to be the president. I’m sure, all of your people’s problem will be settled in no time even though, yours is still unsettled.”

Jiyong raised his eyebrows. “What nonsense are you blabbering, Seunghyun? I’m just talking about the clinic, why are you talking about the president? I think you should be a lawyer, intertwining the facts here and there. I’m just talking about A, but you reached Z already.” replied Jiyong annoyed.

Seunghyun frowned hearing Jiyong’s comment. “That’s your problem, Jiyong! You’re always thinking about other people’s problems. You always wanna do the best for others until one time I’m afraid your good nature will kill you in silence. You know why? Because you never think about what’s good for you. In every matter I see, you always put yourself in the last place. Ji, I wanna ask you. Have you ever in your life wake up in the morning and the first thing you think is about yourself? Have you?” Seunghyun expressed it all after keeping it for long.

He knew that Jiyong always think about other people’s problem first especially his family’s, until his brother didn’t hesitate to take the advantage on his kindness.

Jiyong heaved a sigh and glanced at Seunghyun. “My dad must have told you about Seungri, right? That’s why you’re giving me a free speech in this calm evening.” Jiyong grinned. Seunghyun smiled too and shook his head.

“This had nothing to do with Seungri. Moreover, this is not the first time you’re helping him. Lots of your money spent for his problems.”

Jiyong wanted to say something but Seunghyun quickly interrupts. “Okay, okay, I know you always say to me that you feel like you’re owing Mrs. Kwon because she’s willing to take care of you when your mother died when you’re 5, right? To you, even though Mrs. Kwon is only your step-mother, she’s willing to take care of you. But Ji, how can you just close your eyes and just let Seungri on loose? You know what, your action will destroy him later. If you wanna sacrifice for him, make it right,” Seunghyun advised.

Jiyong stood up. His eyes was directed to his goat farm with both of his hands in the pocket of his jeans.

“My mother is appa’s second wife. Appa married my mother because he wants a baby. After almost 10 years married to mom, they are still not gifted with a child. As my grandma says, mom herself ask appa to propose to my mother for the sake to give appa a baby. You don’t know how much mom had sacrificed when my mother’s dead. She’s willing to take care of me. Even though that time she’s pregnant with Seungri. Even after she just gave birth to Seungri. After Seungri’s borned, 2 years later, mom pregnant with Bom. Even though that time mom already had her kids, mom never neglected me. She gave me love adequately. To me, mom is my everything and also my siblings. We can find money but family ties will not be broken off until the end.” Jiyong elaborate his feelings.

Seunghyun stood up and stand beside his friend. “Your dad said that tomorrow you’ll be meeting Mr. Park. So, it’s possible for you to meet Dara, right? You okay?”

Jiyong turned his head to Seunghyun as the question shoot to him. He shook his head slowly. Confused.