3

Loving You A Thousand Times

Dara get out of her car hurriedly as soon as she parked the car at the parking space reserved for her. With her right hand holding a blue fail and on her left hand, her handbag, Dara fastened her steps to cross the road. At the same time, her handphone rang.

“Haish, when I’m rushing, the phone rang! It must be Chaerin, she can’t be patient, can she?” blabbered Dara to herself.

The phone keep on ringing and it annoys her. She tucked the file between her arm and took out her phone from the pocket of her slack.

“Yeoboseyo? Ya! Yeah, I’m arriving. Neh, I got the fail with me! Haish, you’re pissing me off! I’m crossing the ro...” Before she can finish her word, a car rushed towards her.

“Ahhhhhh!!!!” he screamed on top of her lungs. Her handbag, handphone and the file dropped to the ground and she continues to scream with her eyes closed.


“Agashi... Agashi... are you alright?” she heard a hoarse voice speaking to her. Dara opened her eyes and stopped screaming. At that time, her eyes met with a guy’s eyes. His blond hair is a bit messed up because of the wind. The guys wearing dark blue shirt continues to stare at Dara who still looked shocked.

Like she just woke up from a dream, she started to touch her face. Then, her hand proceed to her whole body and finally bow a bit to observe her legs. The blond guy creased his forehead, weird with her actions.


“Umm, are you okay, Agashi?” he asked again.

His second question is like a flowing electric in her body, and she looked at his face.

“Do you have eye problem or are you just blind? Where did you put your brain? You didn’t go to school? In office area, you can’t drive fast! Can’t you think of a simple thing? You need me to remind you about it?” Dara snapped harshly.

That guy is a bit shocked hearing it, but before he can speak, his friend sitting at the passenger seat get out of the car wearing a serious expression.

“Excuse me, agashi! I think in this case, you’re the one that are at fault. You didn’t cross the street carefully. I think at this time my friend still have a brain cuz he didn’t drive too fast and because he didn’t drive too fast he’s still be able to press the break when you suddenly cross the road without looking to your left or right,” the guy wearing a sunglasses snapped at her.

Dara’s face changed, she breathed rapidly. She glared at the guy with the sunglasses who she thought is very ill-mannered.

“Argh! Whatever! You’re making me late!” she grumbled. When she was about to bow down and took her thing that she dropped earlier, the blond guy was already ahead of her. He picked up the blue file and her handbag and Dara snatched it away from him. Without another word, she left them. She stopped her tracks when he heard that guy calling her.

“Agashi! Agashi!”


Dara glanced at him and raised her eyebrow. The blond guy hesitate for a bit while his friend stared at him weirdly. Weird because his friend is still calling that arrogant woman.

“Hmm... I feel like I know you,” Jiyong finally said. Dara rolled her eyes.

“Oh, really? If it’s true, that’s the biggest mistake of my life, knowing a guy like you,” Dara smirked and crossed the street leaving them. The guy wearing sunglasses shook his head repeatedly looking at how conceited that woman is.

“I hate that kind of woman. Who’s dating her is really unfortunate. Tch,” Seunghyun said.

“But, I really feel like I know her. Her face is like...”

“Sandara Park?” Seunghyun finished it. Jiyong just nodded slowly before getting in the car.

“Yeah, Ji. I also feel that she’s Dara. I really remember her laser mouth. If it’s really Dara, then she must be getting prettier. But what make me sure that it’s her is...”

“Maybe because her hair grew that’s why we can’t recognize her,” Jiyong cut in. Seunghyun shake his point finger left and right, denying.

“No... no, not because of her hair, but I’m confident it’s Dara. All my life, she’s the only species of human that got that stuck up behaviour. Confirm, Ji,” Seunghyun said while tapping his thumb on his chin.

“Let’s just forget about it. My dad’s already waiting at Mr. Park’s office.”

---

Dara lay lazily on the sofa in her luxurious office. Deep in her heart, that blond guy’s words crossed her mind too. It’s true that she also feel like she have seen that guy before this. She thinks hard to remember.

“Ugh! This is just a waste of time! Maybe I knew him from a village that I used to live in. Whatever, why should I acknowledge him?” her heart whispered.


There’s a knock on the door. Dara glanced at the door for a while and just shrugged. She let the person behind the door to knock on. The door opened from outside and Chaerin’s head stick out from outside. Chaerin shook her head seeing Dara’s long face.

“Dara... Dara,” Chaerin sighed and approached her cousin.

“Hello...? What’s wrong with you? Stop it already. I know you’re mad but just get it over with.” Chaerin sat on the couch in front of the one that Dara’s laying on. Dara rolled her eyes.

“I’m alright. I’m just tired. I just got back from settling an appeal case so I wanna rest a bit. Hmm... so what do you want?” she said defending herself.

“Yeah, right. I know you’re lying Dara. Uncle intercom-ed you many times already. And Jaejoong Oppa called you, but you won't answer. What’s up with you?” this time, CL rolled her eyes.

Dara stood up and fixed her clothes. “Why did Appa intercom me?” Dara asked still unsatisfied.

“I don’t know, but Uncle asked me to called you to his room now.” CL raised her shoulder. Dara creased her forehead.

“Aish. He just wanna scold me because I come home late last night. But I don’t go just anywhere, I went to the club with Jae, is that wrong? Is it wrong for me to go out with my fiance?” Dara said while making her way out of her room while CL tailing behind her.

“No one’s gonna stop you, Dara. But you know that Uncle hates it when you come home late, right? You’re his only daughter. He must be worried of you. That’s why he...” CL didn’t finish her words because Dara’s already walking quickly leaving her behind. She sighed before following Dara into a room after she knocked on it.

As she entered, Dara saw there are three man sitting with their back on her.

“Eh, you have some guests. But CL said...” but she stopped there once one of the man turned his head to her direction. ‘Ugh, what is he doing here?!’

Jiyong smiled at Dara as their eyes met. Dara noticed that her father is watching her carefully and she just gave him a bland smile.

“Dara, come here,” her father, Park Hyunsuk, called. Without any other option, she went straight beside her father and sat. It feels like somebody just set fire in her when she saw the guy with the sunglasses smirking at her.


“Bingo! I guessed right!” Seunghyun whispered to his best friend. Jiyong just act like he said nothing.

“Wah, Hyunsuk! Your daughter is very pretty! Dara, do you remember me?” Mr. Kwon smiled at Dara.

“Do you remember, Mr. Kwon, Dara? We lived at Busan once when I’m a DO there...” Mr. Park said trying to make her daughter remember. Dara just stared at them with a crease on her forehead.


“Can’t you remember? The one in dark blue shirt here is Jiyong, Mr. Kwon’s son and Seungri’s brother. Seungri’s your classmate, right? Oh, and this is Seunghyun, your senior. He’s Jiyong’s classmate.” Mr. Park introduced them to her.

Two minutes passed and Dara slowly nodded. “Oh, right! I remembered now. We used to be in the same school, right?” she said annoyed.

“Do you remember Mr. Kwon here?” her father asked cheerfully. Happy that her daughter remembered.

“Emm... I think so...” Dara replied nonchalantly.

Mr. Kwon expression changed a bit. Mr. Park gave Dara a stare and she knows what it means. Slowly, she sighed before smiling sweetly.

"Wow, Mr. Kwon you looked so young just like before even though it's such a long time since we last saw each other!" exclaimed Dara a bit forcefully.

Mr. Kwon laughed along with Mr. Park hearing Dara's excitement while Seunghyun rolled his eyes. Jiyong can only smile bitterly.

"By the way, Dara. Appa wants you to handle Jiyong's sued case this evening. Actually, Jiyong is just the guarantor, Seungri is the one who is in debt. Anyway, call the bank and ask for new instructions for Jiyong’s settlement,” told Mr. Park.

Dara glanced at Jiyong who she noticed was glancing at her from time to time.

“Okay, then. Let’s discuss this further in my room,” Dara said and stood up.

“Jiyong, you can follow Dara to her room, okay? It's easier to discuss about this matter,” said Mr. Park.

Jiyong felt uneasy to be alone with Dara. He knows that she loathed him just from the glares she gave him earlier.

Seunghyun who noticed his friend’s look, finally spoke, “I’ll be going with him, then. It’s been a long time since I saw Dara, so I thought it’ll be good to catch up to her.”

Dara gave him a sharp glare as she stepped away. Jiyong noticed that glare but he ignored it and trailed after that conceited woman.

“Hmm... Dara, I’m sorry about earlier,” Jiyong started the conversation with hope it’ll softened her a bit.


“You should be glad that I’m alright. If I’m hurt earlier, I don’t think you can afford my hospital bill even with that car of yours gone,” replied Dara scornfully while she twisted the doorknob.

She left him speechless.

“No need to get into debt if you’re such in a needy state. Just live off with what you have, can’t you?” pestered Dara as they stepped out of Mr. Park’s office.

She knew that Jiyong clearly heard her words, but he decided to ignore her. From then until now, he’s just the same. She never thought highly of Jiyong ever since the love letter incident. Thinking of that, she felt like puking green.


He must have been married to that Sohee. Ew, they must have so many kids with them that they had to be in debt. Dara bad-mouthed Jiyong in her mind. She walked in her office without caring about the guests that are trailing after her.

“God, that woman is so conceited. She thought she’s the only lawyer in this country? She should be thankful with such wealthy family, but she’s just so...” grumbled Seunghyun.


Jiyong ignored Seunghyun’s blabbering. What he know is, he came here just to settle this case. What Dara thought about him is a different story. He’s certain that he won’t be seeing this woman who detested him so much, anymore after this. However what is worrying him a bit is, how his heart beats rapidly at the sight of Park Sandara.