Chapter 5

Story About J

 

“So, Mr. Kim. Can you tell us where Ms. Jung and Mr. Lee heading to?” asked Dt. Yoo to Jongin who’s lying on the hospital bed. He insisted before not to stay in the hospital because of his hectic schedules and he is completely fine. But doctor said other way and the detectives need to ask him questions.

“Listen, if you are still not cooperative like this then we will make you as suspect or charge for assisting a kidnapping.” said Dt. Han.

“But I really don’t know! How could I know? She choked me until I ran out of breath!” Jongin looks furious. The detectives are not sure with Jongin’s statement.

“There’s something not right her. You won’t just butted in to the interrogate room if there’s nothing. And I won’t leave you just because you are sick. You can juggle, sing whatever you want, I don’t care but right now I need to know the truth.”

Dt. Han is pulling Dt. Yoo away from Jongin’s side, avoiding any harassment to happen. Dt. Yoo is known for his bad temper and has had a warning before. Dt. Han won’t risk that to happen because not time for that in Sulli’s missing case.

“Okay, I’ll tell. But don’t handcuff me or make me as a suspect. I’m nothing like that psycho girl,”

Jongin takes a long deep breath.

“Krystal was about to kill everyone at the party that day. All of them who acted nice but hardcore hate her. That’s why she invited the 94-liner.”

“How about Park Chanyeol ? She invited other two members from your group also didn’t she?”

“She never asked Se Hun or Kris. She lied. She barely spoke to them. She only wanted Chanyeol to be there. Chanyeol is her ex boyfriend. Chanyeol cheated on her. I’m her ex boyfriend too but I wasn’t invited because Krystal had forgiven me.”

“Forgiven for what?”

“Our scumbag company sells us as a couple to everywhere we go and Krystal is taking it personally. What could you do if a pretty girl like her confessed to you? I will be totally a jerk for everyone if I rejected her,”

Jongin take a long pause. He said he couldn’t continue the story.

“Then what happened next? What Krystal did? What is her future plan? Hey, we are still here, we don’t have much time!”

Dt. Yoo shouted at Jongin. Jongin startled.

“Yoo, come on. Let him finished. We still need the motive.” said Dt. Han.

“O..okay. Then after two years we’ve had been together I just think we had it enough. I never loved her and I couldn’t pretend it anymore. We broke up and she cried all night long, but I apologized and however we’re still a couple on screens. And..”

“And you tell Krystal that you like Sulli instead, right? You like her bestfriend, that’s why you said yes to be her boyfriend. Right?” asked Dt. Han to Jongin.

Dt. Yoo is shaking his head.

“Teenage romance, oh how can I never think about that?”

“Yoo, be quiet.”

“Yes, I told Krystal that I like Sulli. I always like her, ever since trainee days. So when Krystal confessed to me, I thought it wouldn’t hurt me to be beside her and get closed to Sulli at the same time. But I was wrong. I never had a chance to get closed with Sulli if hers watchdog always around.”

“Lee Taemin. Sulli’s watchdog is Lee Taemin. But why does she drag Taemin to this?”

Dt. Yoo rolls his eyes and leaves the room.

“I did hurt Krystal and like her bestfriend, it’s not Sulli’s fault, Krystal won’t have grudge for her and also she wouldn’t hurt Sulli. They’re like sisters. Krystal could smile the other day after we broke up because Sulli cheered for her.”

“But I know why she takes Taemin away with her,” said Jongin with a glum face.

“All the people at the party are friends with Taemin. She uses him as bait to those people. She will kill all of them for real this time.”

Dt. Han immediately leave the room and searching for Dt. Yoo.

“Yoo, ask people at the office to track all of the attendants at the party. Krystal is heading to their places; they will kill all of them. We should get there before her arrival.”

“Okay, got it.”

They are walking off the hospital when Mr. Lee calls to Dt. Yoo.

“Yes, Lee. You found them already?”

“Ms. Choi’s mother and brother are here. You get Jongin now to the office. He’s the one hiding Ms. Choi. He is a suspect.”

“God you must be kidding—”

They see Jongin is walking off from his room. He is not in a hospital clothes.

“Hey! Mr. Kim wait! Mr. Kim, we need to ask you more questions!”

Jongin sees them and while Dt. Han and Dt. Yoo are walking toward his direction, suddenly Jongin is avoiding them. Jongin is running away.

“Han, you take the car! I chase him to the parking lot! Hurry!”

Dt. Han and Dt. Yoo splits. Jongin is running rapidly. Dt. Yoo is left behind. He is running out of breath. However, he’s not in a young age anymore. He sees Jongin is disappeared from his sight.

Jongin arrived to the parking lot first and quickly get away with his car.

Dt. Yoo came seconds late and he is pulling out his phone.

“Han you seen him yet? I couldn’t make it! He’s on run with car already!”

“What?! I’m still on basement! Why the hell you parked the car here for god’s sake Yoo Dae Koo!!”

Dt. Yoo punches the air. His work is unorganized and messy this time. This case is took all his energy and focus.

“Damn!! I’m such an idiot!”

A minute later Dt. Han came. There’s anger in her expression and Dt. Yoo knows it’s because of him.

“Did you see the plate number?”

“No, I did not.”

Dt. Han is smacking the steer wheel and looking at her partner for 10 years unbelievably. She could’ve chased Jongin because she is known for her skillful and sharp moves. But Dt. Yoo didn’t think to that.

“You’re not a newbie, Yoo. We’ve been partners for years.”

“I know.”

“You could’ve trust me.”

“I know. I’m sorry. I will explain myself to Captain and Lee.”

“Well, you better be. Oh god—how could you be so—”

“Idiot? I know.”

They are in silent at the way to police station. Before take off the seatbelt, Dt. Yoo taps Dt. Han’s shoulder.

“Han, next time, reminds me to not tell you what to do.”