Chapter 3

Story About J

"So, Ms.Jung. You are saying that you didn't recall what happened in the bungalow, about the accident?"

"Detective Yoo, I told you since the first time you asked me on the hospital, I did not recall anything!"

"Then can you explain how the fire accident started?"

"I was late to come to the party and when I got there I saw Taemin and Jongin were fighting. Jongin were not supposed to be there but.. but he heard my conversation with Taemin on the phone... I'm so sorry! Sulli wouldn't missing if I didn't held the party."

It's all my fault. What have I done...

Detective Yoo is about to step out the investigation room when Doojon fiercely come and point and him.

"You! How could you investigate her without a lawyer? I need to see your Chief and I will take legal action for this."

"Excuse me, Mr. Yoon but Ms. Jung is a 20 years old and she didn't ask for a lawyer. Unfortunately my Chief is having dinner with the Governor."

Doojoon look away and check on Krystal.

"No, I'm fine. Let's just get out from here."

Doojoon and Krystal leave the police station. Detective Yoo get back to his desk and someone approaches.

"How did it go?"

"She lied. She were there, since party started."

Detective Han takes chair and sits in front of Detective Yoo's desk.

"It's been two years. We have to solve this case, Yoo. Time's running out. We have all the evidences, the record of each cctv at gas stations near  the area, we have the pattern, what more we need?"

Dt. Yoo looking up at Sulli's photograph. He couldn't sleep well since the accident.

"The bungalow burnt. No dead bodies. No fingerprints. But two people is missing. Until now. Is this set up? Is this a kidnapping? I still can't find the motive."

"No. We can find the truth. We can asking the people who were there all over again. Maybe someone remember something they didn't say before. Just like today."

Dt. Han tap Dt. Yoo's shoulder and go home. Dt. Yoo pick his phone and start calling people who came to the party.

 

In a car. Doojoon and Krystal remain silent. They haven't said a word since left the police station. Doojoon loves Krystal. They played as couple in a sitcom, so Doojoon has a special feeling since then. But Krystal rejects him, said that she loves him only as brother.

"You should've called me. They can't ask you questions without your lawyer. And you are the victim here, how could they not know about that?"

Krystal Doojoon's cheek and smile.

"I was there too. And I was the host. Of course they will be suspicious at me. But I'm okay. Thank you."

The car stop in front of Jung's house. After saying goodbye, Krystal goes in.

I just want to remember that day. How the bungalow got fired and where was I. God, please take care of Sulli.

And find Jongin.

 

29th December, 2013. SBS Gayo Daejun.

 

"We will perform without Sulli again."

Luna looks sad and crying. Victoria come to her.

"Look at me. We will be fine. We hope Sulli is fine. Now, time to rehearse. Get Amber with you, she said she's with exo members."

Lune wipe off her tears and leave the dress room. Only Victoria and Krystal remains in the room.

"What are you gonna do now? Go back to US and modelling?"

What is Victoria saying?

"I don't understand. Why would I go back to US?"

Victoria stares at Krystal and turn away. Victoria's fixing her hair and looking at Krystal from the mirror.

"We're going to disband. I don't want member replacement. I refuse to stay with four members for the rest of my carreer. So I said to Mr.Youngmin, I resign."

Krystal looks angry.

"Sulli will comeback next year! The police is working on the case, why can't you just wait?! How selfish are you?!"

Victoria hit the mirror desk and look down.

"I was ready to be f(x)'s leader my whole life because I love all four of you, even without Sulli I guess I can still hang for more because you, Luna and Amber are still here. But all of sudden, your sister interupted the meeting and said you're going to leave f(x). And now you're saying I'M SELFISH?"

Jessica?! She never talked to me about that. Why all the problems come at once?

"I never said that. Jessica's decission was not mine. I don't know any of it. I swear. Unnie, please believe me."

Victoria look up and there are tears in her eyes. Staring at Krystal who can't hold her tears no more. None of them expecting the end of their group.

"Get ready. It's our last performance."

Victoria is about to open the door when Minzy come with crestfallen face. She comes straight up to Krystal.

"How could you? HOW COULD YOU STILL SAY NOTHING AND PRETEND IT'S OKAY?"

Minzy said with loud voice. CL come follows and try to pull Minzy away.

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?"

Minzy push Krystal to the wall and Krystal is about to slap Minzy for being rude to her out of the blue. Victoria and CL pull apart both of them.

"You killed her. You killed Sulli. You made Jongin the suspect. Krystal I always thought you are nice kid. Until I saw you at the church. A person like you don't belong here."

What's happening? I can't think. I can't say anything to reply Minzy words to me. And when did I go to the church?

"I DID NOT KILLED HER. SULLI IS STILL ALIVE. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?"

"You're a pathetic liar, you don't deserve a forgiveness."

"Minzy, enough. Out now."

CL said and force Minzy out from the room. A second Minzy left the room. Dt. Yoo and Han come. Dt. Yoo handcuffed Krystal and Victoria can't believe what she sees right now.

"Jung Soojung, you are under arrest for kidnapping and attempted murder. You have the right to remain silent when questioned. Anything you say or do may be used against you in a court of law.."

"What is going on with everyone?! The kidnapper is still out there! Why are you people arresting me! Jongin is still out there! He is the killer!"

Krystal struggles but Dt. Yoo push her against the wall.

"..I'm not done yet. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning, if you wish."

Dt. Yoo bring Krystal out from the room. Dt. Han is giving Victoria her namecard.

"Please stay calm and let us do our work. Thank you for your time."

Victoria pull Dt. Han and look her in the eyes.

"Did you find the missing girl? Did she killed her?"

"We're still looking for the hideout. We're going to find the answer from Ms. Jung."

"But you said attempted murder. If it's not Sulli then who?"

"Kim Jongin, Park Chanyeol, Lee Taemin, Kang Jiyoung, Kwon Sohyun and everyone who came at the party."

Dt. Han leaves and running to Dt. Yoo and Krystal who's going to leave SBS building. A SM representative is blocking the entrance door.

"Please, this is a suicide to her carreer we've build so far. It's going to lose us billion dollars. You can use the back door. Media already knows about this arrestment."

"Your idol is going to jail and you still think of selling her after her trial? You're about to sell dol-maniac. You're out of your mind."

Dt. Han said as searching the back door. SBS building is enourmous. But someone familiar sees what's going on and approach Krystal.

"Now, you're busted. You're done. Psycho girl, what have Sulli done to you?"

Suzy? She knows what's happening. 

"Suzy, please tell me what happen here. I don't understand. I didn't do anything wrong to Sulli. I swear. Someone is setting this for me."

Suzy steps back and point the back door.

"Take this wacknut out of here detectives."

 

"Jung Soojung a member of idol group f(x) just get arrested for kidnapping and attempted murder. The victim is Choi Sulli and her presence is still unknown. The police is still not giving any statements regarding this arrestment. The group is continue to perform at the New Year End concert without two of their members. We are hoping this tragedy to end soon and hoping the best for the victim and her family."