Chapter 4

Story About J

I need to get out from here. I need to keep Sulli save. She’s in a danger. C’mon Soojung, think! You have to convince them that the kidnapper is still out there! Think, think,

“THINK!!!”

Krystal hurtle the wood desk. In front of her, Dr. Soo sits and watches her behavior. She’s examining Krystal’s condition after the arrestment.

“What are you thinking right now Krystal?”

Dr. Soo put off her glasses.

“What?! Do you care about it now?! You and your stupid detectives! You don’t care about the truth of this case at all, you just want to have the culprit!”

Dr. Soo stands up and walks to Krystal’s direction. She tells Krystal to relax, calm down and sit.

“Krystal, look at me. Right now, I tell you to be relaxed. Imagine you’re now in the place where you want to be. Breathe in... Breathe out.”

Krystal’s following Dr. Soo words and she’s in her relax position. She closes her eyes and imagining she’s in the beautiful island, full with green trees and clean air, the white sands and turquoise sea.

“Krystal, I need you to tell me the truth. Where do you hide Sulli?”

Krystal opens her eyes and get teary. She stares at Dr. Soo for a while and crying. She hugs Dr. Soo.

“I did a terrible thing.. I-I don’t know it will turned out like this. I just want Sulli to be saved but they all got it wrong.”

“Who are they?”

Krystal releases her arms from Dr. Soo. Her hands are shaky, her eyes are red, and can’t stop muttering.

“Jongin and Taemin. They think I’m jealous of Sulli so I would hurt her, but no I’m not. So I called the 94 liners, some exo members and Sulli’s boyfriend to come to the barbeque party...”

“But you said to Dt. Yoo that Kim Jongin wasn’t supposed to be there, yet you invited exo members. Can you explain that to me?”

“I invited Chanyeol, Kris and Se Hun. But only Chanyeol could make it to the party. Also the 94 liners, Suzy couldn’t attend. I didn’t invite Jongin because he will have fist fight with Taemin!”

“Taemin is Sulli’s boyfriend right? So what was your intention to bring all of them to the party?”

Krystal sighs. She looks up and there’s a guilty feeling that she can tell from her expression.

“Taemin’s cheated with me and I was about to tell Sulli that. But a night before the party, Taemin said he couldn’t continue our relationship and he wanted to stay with Sulli. Instead he will be engaged with Sulli at the party, if I wouldn’t mind.”

Suddenly, someone breaks into the room and it’s Kim Jongin, the missing person, the witness.

“SHE’S LYING! SHE HIDES SULLI SOMEWHERE!”

“You, bastard! You ruined everything!”

Krystal’s face get fierce and she runs into Jongin. She strangles Jongin with her scarf and pulls him against the wall. All happens in less than a second. Dr. Soo is calling for help. When Dt. Yoo and Han come, Jongin’s pulse is barely there. Krystal comes after him with all her strength.

“Handcuff her and lock her up! Call the paramedic!”

Dt. Han does what Dt. Yoo told and there’s something weird with Krystal. She looks guilty and can’t look away from Jongin who’s dying on the floor.

“Jongin I’m sorry!”

Jessica sees Krystal being taken away and blocks Dt. Han’s way.

“You’re not going to take my sister anywhere.”

Dt. Han pushes Jessica away and put Krystal in a locked room. A man approaches them, he’s District Attorney, Mr. Lee Hyun Joo.

“I just talked to Soo, we can’t put her in a trial.”

“Are you kidding me?”

Dt. Han limps. She doesn’t know how long it will take to find Sulli. Mr. Lee asks her to talk in other room, with Dt. Yoo follows.

“When my sister can leave?”

Jessica grabs Mr. Lee’s hand.

“Tomorrow, she just injured, almost killed a witness.”

 

Mr. Lee closes the door and other looks frustrated.

“Listen, right now we can charge her for assault but I can’t put her on a trial.”

Mr. Lee shook his head and let Dr. Soo talks.

“I’m not quite sure if she’s having mental illness because the indication is not truly shown. But you saw how she gone mad in a minute and when I tried to hypnosis her, she’s back to herself.”

“So you’re saying she’s having personality disorder?” said Dt. Yoo.

“She’s having a Bipolar disorder, I estimate it’s a type two Bipolar disorder. However, this type of Bipolar is still difficult to diagnose. She didn’t show the manic symptom. Manic symptom is a period of unusual and continuously effusive and open elated or irritable mood. Otherwise, she was so calm and reached me first, as if she was waiting for me to ask her and it wasn’t under my hypnosis.”

Dt. Han cleared and took a print Dr. Soo put on the desk.

“So you can’t tell whether she’s having this bipolar disorder or not, because she looks normal? She strangled a man that taller and heavier than her. She must be sick.”

“She’s showing a hypomania symptom and a depressed phase. She was muttering and despondent, and you can tell from her story, it was all over the place. Because hypomania symptoms are often mistaken for high functioning behavior or simply attributed to personality, patients are typically not aware of their hypomanic symptoms...”

".. and the strength is one of the symptoms too, but she trained for years by her company. It's easy for anyone to have the force strength when they are really pressed. And I checked up on her health reports, no ones in her family having record for health problems."

“So... she could’ve just faked it, right? She could’ve just acted like she’s having a mental illness. Then, we can put her on trial.”

“Not that fast, Yoo. The chance is fifty – fifty, if we are proven to put a mental disorder person and is also a public figure to a trial, open court, the grand jury will put four of us in prison instead. Not her.”

“Then tell me what can you do?”

D. A. Lee seems not sure to continue.

“Make she talks, find the hideout and ask that boy in the hospital to confirm her story to Dr. Soo.”

 

---

I can’t just sit here and wait. I need to get out. I have done so many wrong things that I didn’t plan. Everything went wrong. I need to talk to someone.

“Jessica, are you still awake? I need to use your phone and also, I want to tell you I’m so sorry for you and mom and dad to caused things like these. But I need you to believe me, trust in me. I’m not a bad person. I just want to be free and I don’t know how.”

Jessica swipes her tears and touches Krystal’s cheeks behind the ring fence. She puts her phone on to Krystal's pocket and not for so long Dt. Yoo, Han and D.A. Lee are out from the meeting room.

“Detectives, I need to pee.”

D.A. Lee gives the permission and Dt. Han walk her to the restroom. After the handcuff is off Krystal snap Dt. Yan’s head to a washing stand and take the gun from Dt. Yan’s pocket. She left the restroom and going to emergency exit to avoid being seen. She runs to the outside of the police station building and there’s a car waiting for her.

Dt. Yan is half awake, she’s struggle to reach her intercom.

“H-h-help… an officer is knocked down. A… potential suspect is running away…”

Dr. Soo and D.A Lee came just right in time when Dt. Han is passed out. And Dt. Yoo is chasing Krystal. But it’s too late. Krystal already gets in the car and slip away.

“It’s a sport car, fancy one, color is red. I saw the license plate, its Seoul 12 GA 0365.”

 

 

“Krystal, what exactly you’re doing?”

“It’s not going to happened if you can hold back your lust and be faithful to your fiancé.”

“But you said you—“

Krystal points her gun to the driver’s head.

“Keep driving, Lee Taemin.”