Chapter 1

Story About J

 

My name is Jung Soojung. Or people may call my stage name Jung Krystal. I’m 19 years old. I just graduated from high school and was honored an achievement award. My high school carrier was perfect.

I will have my driver license soon. I’m going to have Japan debut with my group, f(x) this year. And the best part is I get accepted in majoring Performing Arts, Faculty School of Art, in Humanities and Social Sciences Campus of Sungkyunkwan University.

“Haaaah, finally! My college experience!”

“What time I shall pick you up Ms. Jung?”

“Who said you dropped and picked me up? You wait here until I’m done.”

“But your sister said..”

“You know what to do. You know who you work for, Mr. Hae. It won’t be until noon, I guess.”

“Yes, Ms. Jung. I’m sorry. I will wait you in the parking lot.”

“Good then.”

Krystal closed the car’s door. She’s looking around the building.

“Are you alright Ms. Jung?”

“Yeah, sure. Just go.”

Mr. Hae looks unsure but he’s doing what Krystal said.

Krystal is slightly walking to the auditorium. But she is about to run because there are lots of reporters and journalists here taking her pictures. She covers her face but they keep calling her name. Make her feels terrible.

It’s not that I hate them. It’s me not liking my stage name. Krystal sounds snob, self-centered and angelic, by angelic it means that I can’t make any mistakes. In fact that I’m not saint, I can’t say yes to everything and like everyone.

And that’s what exactly these people had written about me and everyone believes in it.

“Krystal! Look at here please! This is only a New Year, this is your first day in college, smile!”

“Smile here! Stop covering your face!”

A man approached Krystal. He is wearing black suits and a nametag written ‘SKKU Entrance Ceremony Staff’.

“Ms. Jung you may have to say some words for them. It’s for the university documentary too.”

“But they are not standing in a line. I won’t give my pictures just like that.”

“No, these people are not listed. Over there, Ms. Jung. You can pose in front of the big white banner. You have 3 up to 4 minutes to answer the questions.”

“What do you mean by answer the questions? You said I’m only given some words. I won’t answer the press.”

“You do your speech inside the auditorium. Here you talk to the press. I taught that this will be good for you since your company approved the journalists list. But you can remain silent if the questions are inappropriate.”

The staff stopped and bow. Krystal is entering the gate to the posing place. It’s like the red carpet when you’re going some award shows. Because it’s not really only a big white banner since it full of sponsors logos.

For God’s sake, I hate this media play so much. When will company stop bothering my personal life?

Krystal put her hand on her hips. Posing and smiling for cameras.

 “Your hair looks nice today!”

“Thank you.”

“Krystal, how did you get accepted in SKKU?”

“I took the entrance examination just like other students.”

“It says, you should get all straight As to get accepted, how about your test result?”

“My test result was good, scored higher than the passing grade.”

“Can you be more specific about the test result? Because your GPA only scored 3.5 and it’s still the average scores of SKKU.”

“I said it was good and combined with my GPA scores, it’s all set.”

“Did you use a jokey to done your entrance exam?”

“What?!”

“You were barely attending your high school. University is no play so how are you going to take it with f(x) hectic schedules?”

They are not journalists, they are bastards.

“Did SKKU give you special treatment to get accepted? Did your company do the lobby?”

“Are you kidding me?!”

I try not to look mad. I’m controlling my face.

Krystal put her hand off her hips. Keep it away from punching those cameras either the cameramen.

“That’s enough! Ms. Jung please goes this way.”

SKKU staff come and covers Krystal from the press.

She leaves them with unspoken words.

“Oh, whatever! Jiyoung has arrived though!”

Krystal turns back and sees Jiyoung with her brightest smile standing just in the same position as hers and answering all the questions given too. For Jiyoung’s case, none of the give her stupid questions.

“Soojung!”

Krystal pretend not heard.

Please don’t let her walk beside me, please, God, please.

“Soojungie! Let’s take a picture together!”

That’s even worse.

Jiyoung runs to Krystal and held her hand, make her walking back to the banner.

“One picture only!”

“Yes, Jiyoung! Krystal please smile!”

But there are 100 cameras, how is this supposed to be one picture only?

“Jiyoung, how do you feel to have one of the 94-line members as your college mate?”

“It feels great! I admired 94-line so much. That I wish Sulli, Suzy and Sohyun can stand here together with us too.”

“That’s sweet and how about you, Krystal?”

“I want to learn the great study tips from Jiyoung to get all straight As like she did.”

“Congrats for both of you, thank you!”

Then they are walking together until the journalists unseen. Jiyoung is blocking Krystal’s way out of sudden.

“Nice acting you played Ms. Jung. I can wait to see more from you.”

“What is my problem with you once again?”

“You have killed her life yet you still playing the victim? Unstoppable acting skill you got there, claps.”

“I’m pretty sure I’m not following what you’ve just said to me.”

“You make my best-friend, the one and only whom I can trust in this showbiz life, suffered. And no one can stop me to make you feel yours.”

I just couldn’t believe Jiyoung have that cruel thoughts about me.

“Sulli is my group mate! She is spent the trainee years with me! What is your problem?! Why’d you hate me so much?”

“Sulli is my sister! She is my family! Oh boy, Krystal you just mess with the wrong person.”

Krystal step back. Jiyoung step forward.

“Run as fast as you can, you can steal the start but you will never take the finish line. In the name of my God, Soojung, I will make you to feel how cold the prison is.”

“You’re mentally ill, Jiyoung. You should see your psychiatrist.”

“No, you should! Since you know about it way better than me! And one more thing, I don’t hate you, I just never liked you.”

Jiyoung leaves and get into the auditorium.

Krystal hands are shaking. She tries not to cry.

I haven’t even met Sulli ever since her graduation. Why’d Jiyoung do this in my first day in college?

1 PM. The SKKU Entrance Ceremony has officially ended. Krystal walks to the parking lot. She is searching her Porsche car and her chauffer.

“I’m going home. I just want to be home.”

Krystal noticed that her car is still off. And she isn’t seeing her chauffer anywhere.

“Where is the damn chauffer?”

She kicked the car’s tire and in the next seconds, she is lying in her car’s door and can’t stop crying. Until someone pat her head.

“Soojungie, stop crying.”

Krystal surprised by her appearance. Someone that she knows well and she really need to meet right now.

Her red sheered cheeks, straight-shouldered auburn hair, brown eyes, her thick pink lips and her perfectly-sculptured-nose. Smell her body scent is already making me feel calm.

“Sulli-yah.. uhuhuhuhuhu!”

Krystal hugs Sulli so tight. Sulli says nothing but just stand there, hugging Krystal like she is a kid crying over sweets.