Chapter 8 - Give Me All You Got

Outplayed by the Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Exo's Dorm...

Kai's POV:

The entire bus ride home, I couldn't stop thinking about her. How could she reject me that easily? I know I can come off as a player but she really seems like she doesn't even have interest in me...how is that humanly possible?! I'm gorgeous. 

Chen cut into my thoughts, "will you stop staring at yourself?! Jeez, we all know you're beautiful but you don't need to rub it in" Chen huffed and marched away jealously. But even then I couldn't stop thinking about how Sora acted towards me today. She practically jumped right into Luhan hyung's arms! What does he have that I don't have?!  

"You're thinking about her right?" A voice boomed from behind me and entered my room. Chanyeol sat down on the bed next to me and looked at me uneasily. "I'm right...aren't I?" he asked again. I didn't know how to reply because I knew that Chanyeol was the closest to Sora at this moment. 

"Nah, I'm just thinking about how I'm gonna avoid all the fangirls tomorrow morning when I show up with my fresh new shoes" I joked and got up from the bed as I felt slightly awkward to be around him. We've been best friends for years and years, yet Sora just shows up and now I couldn't look Chanyeol in the eye. He laughed slightly but it didn't sound too convincing.

"You don't have to lie, I'm your best friend. I know what you're thinking even if you don't say it out loud" he stated. Wow...is he trying to creep me out or something? Because if he is, it's working. "She's different...she has goals. She knows what she wants. She knows what she doesn't want. She's innocent" Chanyeol emphasized on the last bit. He breathed heavily and stood up from the bed as well, making his way slowly to the door when he stopped at my shoulders. "Just be careful. She's not like the others" he warned and brushed my shoulder slightly, walking out the door.

"I know. I know she's different, and that's why I want her" I called out to him just as he disappeared into his room. 

She's innocent. Yet I want her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sora's POV:

"OWWWW! STOP I CAN'T SEE!" I yelped loudly as Naeun tried to apply my eyeliner in the moving car. She shot me an annoyed look and told me to stay still. "I can't stay still when you're poking a pencil into my eye!" I couldn't believe how much eyeliner I had to put on in order to look like a regulation hottie, it was degrading. 

"It'll be over with if you just stop squirming! Beauty comes with pain my friend" Naeun sighed and continued to poke me with her pencil stick thing. 

"Why are you even coming with me to school? Shouldn't you be back at the lair listening to my every conversation through a stereo system?" I asked sarcastically, which earned me another annoyed look by Naeun. 

"I don't even know to be honest, Bomi said it would be good for me to pep talk you into gaining confidence before you go out into the boy world" Naeun shrugged and applied lip gloss to my lips. "There! Perfect, now don't smudge anything or I'll kill you" she warned. How does one just threaten to kill someone for smudging makeup? 

"So you're not coming to school with me right?" I asked her while subtly wiping off some of the gunk on my lips. She quickly caught on and swatted my hands away from my lips. 

"Right, so that means you have to try extra hard not to mess up my work! I'm not gonna be there to help you fix it" she said and pulled out the stupid lip gloss again to apply another coat. "We're here! Alright now you have to be careful, remember what Bomi said yesterday and don't mess up" Naeun reminded me. Gee, this girl knew how to give me a pep talk alright. I rolled my eyes and got ready to step out of the car when I felt the door that I was leaning against slide open on command. 

I looked up to see Chen's face beaming down at me, "SORA! I missed you so much! And Exo did as well but-" Chen suddenly stopped talking as his eyes fell onto Naeun's face. I glanced at Naeun, and realized what was going on right before my eyes. "Uh...I..." Chen started to say, "can- uh- Sora, can I talk to you for a second?" he finished and pulled me out from the car. Chen stared at me as if he was looking f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter