Chapter Six: Restoring

An Angel's Duty

Slowly, Kyuhyun opened his eyes and saw Donghae asleep on a chair near the bed. He felt so guilty looking at him because he knew that he had almost killed him the previous day.

 

He felt like he had just been hit by a bus. He moaned in pain because his body ached and his head felt like it was about to explode. Something about him just felt different and Kyuhyun couldn’t quite place his finger on it.

 

He then sat up and tried to get out of his bed. An intense pain flashed throughout his body and he lay back down. He lifted his shirt to look at the gash on his chest and noticed it was bandaged up. When he gingerly touched the bandages, he winced in pain. It hadn’t gotten much better…

 

He then noticed his burnt hand was covered with a thin layer of water. He stared at it in awe, realizing that he had finally awoken.

 

Donghae then began to stir and as his sleepy eyes opened, he noticed that Kyuhyun was awake. He gave him a sleepy smile and said quietly, “Hey Kyuhyun. I’m glad that you’re finally awake.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Donghae and just nodded. He didn’t know what to say to him because he still felt so guilty about what he almost did, If Hyukjae hadn’t interfered, he knew that Donghae would be dead by now.

 

He then remembered that he had now awoken. Did he have the power to bring Sungmin back now?

 

Kyuhyun stared into Donghae’s eyes desperately as he asked, “Hey Donghae… Do I have the power to bring Min back now?”

 

Donghae looked at him and smiled sincerely. He nodded as he said, “Yes, you do. But right now, you are in no condition to be doing that. You need to build up your strength again first.”

 

Kyuhyun stubbornly shook his head and said, “No, I need to bring Min back now. I…am so worried that if I don’t do something soon, I won’t be able to help him. Honestly…I can’t even feel his warmth within my heart anymore.”

 

Donghae looked at Kyuhyun with a worried glint in his eyes. He knew that this wasn’t a good sign. Why wouldn’t Kyuhyun be able to feel Sungmin within him anymore? Maybe Sungmin was fading away or perhaps Kyuhyun’s heart was absorbing him to gain his powers?

 

Hyukjae then stepped out of the shadow of the corner of the room as Donghae motioned for him. As much as he hated Kyuhyun, he knew that he had to help him now. If he didn’t, he would risk losing one of his closest friends for good.

 

Donghae looked at Hyukjae and asked desperately, “Hyuk, could you help Kyuhyun bring Sungmin back?”

 

Hyukjae just nodded in response to Donghae. He would do anything to help bring back Min.

 

Donghae then turned to Kyuhyun and said, “Kyuhyun, this might really drain you and make it harder for you to heal. You really shouldn’t be doing this now…”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and said stubbornly, “I don’t care what happens to me. The only thing that matters if that Min comes back safely.”

 

Donghae nodded in defeat because he wanted Min back more than anything else at the moment. He truly did miss having his best friend around.

 

Hyukjae then began to instruct Kyuhyun and said, “Close your eyes. Picture Sungmin in your mind. You need to find his heart within yours.”

 

Kyuhyun listened to Hyukjae’s instructions and followed them. He closed his eyes and focused on finding Sungmin’s heart. He began to panic when he couldn’t find it at all. As his eyes began to water in frustration and sadness, he then felt comforting warmth from the corner of his heart. He knew he had found Sungmin. He then nodded to signal to Hyukjae that he had found him.

 

Hyukjae noticed Kyuhyun’s nod and continued, “Now, you need to focus on using your healing powers to form a body for Sungmin’s heart.”

 

Kyuhyun began to focus all his powers on doing what Hyukjae instructed. He kept his eyes closed to stay focused and he began to pant when he was nearly done. This really was draining everything that he had.

 

Hyukjae and Donghae stared at Kyuhyun and the mass of water next to him in awe. They were amazed that he was able to do what even the most experienced knights couldn’t. He truly was the legendary water knight…

 

Hyukjae then said, “Now, Donghae can help remove Sungmin’s heart from yours and once it’s placed in the water, Sungmin should return.”

 

Donghae then approached Kyuhyun and placed his hand over Kyuhyun’s heart. He closed his eyes and searched for Min’s heart. It was faint but still there. His wings then appeared as he used his ability to remove Min’s heart from Kyuhyun’s.

 

As Donghae pulled his hand away from Kyuhyun’s heart, a small orb of light was visible within it. Kyuhyun opened his eyes and watched as Donghae then placed the orb within the mass of water.

 

Suddenly, a blinding light appeared and they had to look away from it.

 

After a few minutes, the light died down and lying on the bed next to Kyuhyun was Sungmin. His wings were visible and he looked like he was peacefully asleep as they saw his chest rise and fall slowly.

 

Kyuhyun sighed in relief and smiled at Sungmin next to him. “Min…” Kyuhyun whispered weakly as he slowly lost consciousness again.

 

Donghae covered both Kyuhyun and Sungmin with a blanket. He then turned to look at Hyukjae with a big smile on his face.

 

“Hyukkie… Min is really back!” Donghae said enthusiastically as he hugged his knight.

 

Hyukjae wrapped his arms around Donghae and just nodded. He held his angel protectively as he watched over the new angel and knight pair who were currently asleep.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while! I've been really busy in real life. However, I finally found some time to write another chapter. I hope that you enjoyed it! I know that I liked writing it because I brought Min back, yay! :D