Chapter Nineteen: Betraying His Kind

An Angel's Duty

Shindong suddenly stopped his preparations and took out a knife. He took out a vial as well and began to approach the circle of sacrifices. He went up to each angel and knight individually, making a small cut in their cheek and collecting some of their blood in the vial.

 

As Shindong approached Sungmin last, he cut Sungmin’s cheek and collected some of his blood.

 

Suddenly, Sungmin snapped awake and glared at Shindong. “You made one fatal mistake Shindong.” he growled.

 

Sungmin then manipulated the blood in the vial to form a blade that cut the chains that held him there. He could only do this for two reasons. The first was that he was bonded with the water knight so he could manipulate the blood since it contained water. The second was that he was a demon so being around blood enhanced his power enough to make him overpower the chains that held him back.

 

“Sungmin…” Shindong stuttered as he was in shock. “How did you…?”

 

“You forgot that I bonded with the water knight. I can manipulate anything with water in it. And you forgot that blood enhances the power of a demon.” Sungmin growled as he stood up and cornered Shindong against a tree.

 

The angels and knights all watched Sungmin in wonder. They thought that Sungmin had betrayed them but now, they knew they were wrong. Kyuhyun mentally cursed at himself for doubting Sungmin, even for a minute.

 

Shindong then summoned a demonic sword and slashed at Sungmin. Sungmin quickly dodged the attack and summoned his own sword. Sungmin’s sword however was different because it was also surrounded by water.

 

Shindong and Sungmin continued to attack and clash swords with each other. However, after a few minutes, it was clear that Sungmin had the upper hand due to having an extra element to manipulate.

 

 As Shindong fell on his knees in defeat, he glared up at Sungmin. “How does it feel to betray your own kind?” he growled.

 

Sungmin stared down at Shindong pitifully as he said, “I won’t kill you Shindong. I know that won’t do any good and you’ll just return again someday. Instead, I’ll seal you away with Nari.”

 

“The only way to seal me away is to seal yourself away too Sungmin.” Shindong growled, “You’re not stupid enough to do that!”

 

“On the contrary, I think I am.” Sungmin said with a smile as he mumbled an incantation.

 

“Beloved Nari… I’m sorry I failed you.” Shindong mumbled as he disappeared.

 

Sungmin then turned around and summoned water to cut through everyone’s chains and free them.

 

Kyuhyun ran to Sungmin as soon as he was free and hugged him close. “I’m so sorry for doubting you Minnie…” he cried out.

 

“It’s okay Kyu.” Sungmin whispered as he rubbed Kyuhyun’s back comfortingly. “I didn’t expect you to, not after what I did. I’m so sorry for all the pain I caused. I love you so much.”

 

Kyuhyun then gasped as he saw Sungmin start to disappear. He held Sungmin tighter, as if it would stop him from leaving. “I love you too Min. Please don’t go!” he cried desperately.

 

“I’m sorry Kyu. I’m a demon and well, if you seal one away, you seal them all away. I can’t stay…” Sungmin whispered as he slowly pushed Kyuhyun away.

 

Kyuhyun absolutely refused to see his Sungmin disappear yet again.

 

“No! I promised that I would protect you! I won’t let you disappear again!!!” Kyuhyun screamed as he stared that Sungmin desperately.

 

“It’s okay Kyu. I’ve accepted the fact that I can’t stay any longer. Demons like me aren’t meant to exist…” Sungmin whispered as tears ran down his cheeks.

 

Kyuhyun then grabbed Sungmin’s wrist and pulled him close again. He lifted his face towards his and initiated a kiss.

 

Sungmin closed his eyes and returned the kiss as passionately as he could. He wanted this moment to last forever but he knew it couldn’t…

 

As they pulled away from each other for air, Sungmin smiled one last time. Just before he faded away, he whispered, “I love you Kyu.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well, I couldn't resist adding up another chapter since it technically is Saturday and I promised to have this story completed by Easter Sunday. XD

 

Only the epilogue is left now. Thank you for sticking with this story and I hope you stick around for the last bit of it! :)