Escape

A Prince and His Knight

 

Escape           

 

            “You in here, Guk?” Himchan stuck his head into the sitting room and saw his cousin hunched at his desk, diligently looking over some paperwork.

            “Hey, Channie,” Yongguk raised his head and smiled at his cousin.  Himchan entered the room and closed the door behind him.

            “You ready for the big day?”

          Yongguk gave a solemn nod.  “It’s finally time.  Time to take our revenge on those bastards.  For both of us.”

            Himchan flashed back to his childhood.  His mother had been the younger sister of Yongguk’s father.  When she married and had Himchan, their family became second in line for the throne after the Bangs.  This had terrified the always paranoid King Bang who was worried about the Kims trying to take over his throne.  Thus, he had schemed and called for their “accidental deaths” by rogue vigilantes while traveling from one kingdom to the other.  What the Bangs hadn’t planned on was that Himchan had stayed behind at home and was unscathed.

            King Bang intended to have the young Himchan immediately disposed of, but was opposed by his son.  King and Queen Bang were never known for being affectionate parents and often turned to abusive measures to “toughen their son up” and to “train him” to become king.  The castle staff were too terrified of his parents to take pity on the young Yongguk and so the only person he ever had to turn to was Himchan.  Through the grapevine he heard of his father’s hand in the Kims’ assassination and his intended plans for Himchan,  so he stepped in.  Yongguk threatened to reveal everything and bring his father’s downfall himself if he didn’t spare his cousin.  King Bang grudgingly agreed and Himchan was brought to the home of his aunt and uncle.  He had to live in caution, knowing that his uncle could plot his death at anytime, but was dutifully protected by his older cousin.  From then he had pledged eternal allegiance to the prince, knowing that his cousin’s affections for him were the only reason he was alive.

            “Not to mention that once the throne is mine, I’ll finally be able to take over the rest of the peninsula.  That bastard father of mine is too weak- negotiating with the kingdoms.  What absolute .  Once we have a proper court established we’ll declare war on the larger nations, using the smaller ones currently under our thumb as canon fodder.  Then once we have control of the larger countries with the help of our allies, we’ll have no problems wiping out the ruling families in all the countries.  I trust you’re going to stay my right hand man through all of this?”

            Himchan nodded.  “I’ve already been drawing up the attack plans for Dongye.  They’re one of our biggest threats, but have the least amount of allies, thanks to that snobby princess who basically runs everything.”

            “Princess Sulli?”

            “That’s the one.  y little brat.  It’ll be fun to crush her.”

            Yongguk smirked and shared a laugh with his cousin before turning serious once more.  “I received a report from Suho last night.  There’s been a complication.  It seems that Wu Fan’s men alerted Daehyun and Jongup to the assassination plans and they’ve plotted a kidnapping attempt on Youngjae and Junhong.”

            Himchan furrowed his eyebrows in concern.  “What should we do?  Should we attain them before the ceremony?”

            Yongguk shook his head.  “Unfortunately Wu Fan’s men didn’t share their plans with Suho.  We have no idea where they will be or when they intend the kidnapping.  It’ll be too risky to try to stop it before.  We need to wait until after the assassination and then apprehend them.  Obviously, we can’t let them anywhere near Youngjae and Junhong, though.  So rather than attending the ceremony, the two will need to be detained separately.”

            “Put Junhong in the dungeons.  He’s used to it anyway,” Himchan scoffed.  That brat deserved a bit of a time out.  “And put Youngjae in the South tower.  It’s quite a maze to get there and as far away from the ceremony grounds as you can get.”

            “Good, good.  Can you call some of Suho’s men to come and get them? And make sure to keep the news away from Wu Fan’s men.  We can’t tip them off that we’re any the wiser about their plans.”  Himchan gave a bow and left the room.

 

 

 

            Youngjae heard the door open and turned around to see Yongguk coming into the bedroom.  “You about ready?” Yongguk asked in his gruff voice.

            Youngjae nodded and held his arms out to show off his formal attire.  “Do I look alright?  Did I miss anything?”  Yongguk smiled at the cuteness of the prince and shook his head.

            “You look fine, but we need to hurry.”

            “O-oh.  Ok.  I thought there was a bit more time until the ceremony starts.”

            “There is but there’s something we need to attend to first.  Come with me.”  Youngjae walked out of the bedroom and into the sitting room, surprised to see two armed guards waiting there.

            “What’s going on?”

            “I’m afraid there’s been a change of plans and you will not be able to attend the ceremony.  Chanyeol and Baekhyun here will accompany you to the place where you’ll need to wait.  I’ll come to get you later,” Yongguk explained as he lightly shoved Youngjae toward the two waiting guards.  They caught his arms and pulled him to the guards.

            “Wait… Yongguk, what’s going on?” Youngjae tried to call back, but was met with the door closing in his face.

 

            Youngjae walked in silence in between the two guards who kept a strong hold on him.  He didn’t know why- it wasn’t like he had a desire to run anywhere.  He was shaken from his reverie, however, when he heard a shout down the hall.

            “Let me go!  Why are you manhandling me, you bastards!?”  He recognized the voice and, sure enough, when he turned the corner Junhong came into view.  Like Youngjae, he was held between two guards.  But unlike Youngjae, he was putting up much more of a fight about it. 

            “Youngjae!”  The tall boy shouted once he spotted his friend.  “Youngjae! Help me! Tell them to get their hands off me!”

            Youngjae’s heart ached.  This was the first time in over a month he was able to speak to his friend but there was nothing he could do for him.

            “Junhong! I-“ but he was cut off by a rough jerk on his arms. 

            “This way, Your Majesty,” Chanyeol announced and led him down another hallway.  “Please don’t pay any mind to the servants.”

            Junhong watched after Youngjae in confusion.  Why was he also being led somewhere?  Wasn’t he going the opposite direction of the celebration grounds?  He made a note of the direction that the prince was headed before allowing himself to be dragged away.

 

 

            “It took you damn long enough to get out here.  The speech is about to start,” the king spat at his son when Yongguk arrived on the stage and took his seat next to his parents.

            “And where’s Youngjae?” his mother chimed in when she noticed the empty chair.  “He’s supposed to give his first official greetings before the speech.”

            “He’s sick,” Yongguk answered in an annoyed tone.  It figured that his last ever conversation with his parents would be them nagging.  “He started feeling ill last night.  We thought he’d be able to suffer through but just a little bit ago he started throwing up everywhere.  So if you want him to blow chunks all over the crowd, I can go get him.”

            “Leave it.  There’s not enough time,” his father snapped.  The conversation was punctuated by the blaring of trumpets that signified the start of the ceremony.  The large crowd gathered below the stage quieted and bowed down in front of the royal family.  King Bang made his way to the front of the stage first. 

            “Welcome, citizens of the Kingdom of Goguryeo…”

           

 

            “Can you see anything?” Daehyun called up to Jongup.  The younger knight was currently perched high in a tree, trying to peer out of the limbs toward the celebration grounds.  They had been told to not leave the forest until someone gave them the signal, but the waiting was killing them. 

            “There are too many leaves in the way,” Jongup huffed as he batted the green obstructions away from his face.  He squinted his eyes and tried to focus them on the stage far away.  His eyesight was better than Daehyun’s, but not good enough to clearly make anything out at that distance.  He finally managed to focus well enough to notice three figures at the front.

            “I don’t see him.  I don’t think he’s there.”

            Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.  “What do you mean he’s not there?  He’s supposed to be there.  The plan revolves around him being there.”  He felt panic starting to rise in his chest.

            “Get up here and look for yourself,” Jongup signalled for him to join him.  Daehyun quickly scaled the tree and situated himself on the branch next to his friend.  “Look.  See the three people on stage?”

           Daehyun squinted and after some effort in focusing, he was finally able to see to what Jongup was referring.  On the stage there were three people.  The one in the front was obviously King Bang.  Anyone could make out his decorative robes from here.  To his left was distinctly a woman, so presumably the queen.  And to the king’s right was one more male.  While he wasn’t as distinctive as his father, the man was blatantly too tall and too muscular to be his own prince.

            “.  ,” Daehyun cursed as he quickly made his way back down the tree, Jongup in hot pursuit.  “We have to go tell someone.”

            “But they said not to leave the forest until we were given the signal,” Jongup tried to reason with his friend but was ignored.

            “They meant don’t go after Youngjae.  But we’ll stay in the crowd and keep our heads down.  No one will notice us.  Come on.”  Daehyun took off toward the direction of the crowd.  It only took Jongup a moment of deliberation before he was quickly following behind.

 

            “Zitao, Zitao,” Daehyun hissed when he found the dark haired boy.  Zitao startled and stared at the pair with wide eyes.

            “What the hell are you two doing out here?” he growled through clenched teeth.  “I thought we told you to stay in the forest until we gave you the sign.  We’re not ready to move yet.”

            “I know, but… look!  Youngjae’s not up there.”

            Zitao returned his gaze to the stage and paled.  He had been so focused on the location of the Bangs and the other knights that he had failed to pay attention to the empty seat.  He cursed under his breath.  “This isn’t good… why isn’t he out here?  What changed?”

            He spun around, head jerking back and forth as he scanned the crowd.  He spotted his target and swiftly made his way to his leader.

            “Duizhang!  Wu Fan!”  He kept his voice low so as not to draw any attention to himself, but luckily the tall leader heard him.

            “What is it Zitao?”

            “We need to abort the mission.  Look at the stage.  Youngjae’s not there.”  Wu Fan started in surprised, ashamed at his overlook.  “I know it’s a long shot, but I feel like something’s not right for the set up to change so suddenly like that.  Why wouldn’t he be up there?  They’re supposed to be introducing him.” 

            Wu Fan nodded at his friend’s words.  “We need to tell Yixing to abort the mission.  We can try again later rather than run a risk.  He’s not in place already, is he?”  Zitao’s eyes scanned the crowd once more but he couldn’t see his tall friend anywhere.

            “He must be.  I don’t see him.”

            “.  He’s early.  Quick, go stop him.”  Zitao nodded with a bow and moved as quickly as he could through the crowd without drawing attention to himself.  If Yixing was in place then he should be hiding in the trees nearby.

            Screams filled the crowd and Zitao’s heart dropped.  He whipped around the see the king fallen on the stage, an arrow embedded in his chest.  “YIXING!” he shouted, throwing caution to the wind as the crowd began to panic and disperse in a frenzy.  He pushed through, still hoping to stop his friend, but another round of screams told him that the queen had now fallen.  His friend finally came into sight.  But it wasn’t Yixing alone.  It was Yixing being pulled out by none other than Jongin and Kyungsoo.

            “Traitor!”  The boys called out, loud enough for the entire crowd to hear.  “We found the traitor!  It’s one of Wu Fan’s men!”

            “What the hell are you doing?!” Yixing shouted as he struggled against the two shorter knights, but they kept him firm in their grips.

            Suho stepped forward on stage and Zitao felt his former spark of panic roaring into a full flame in his chest.  What was he doing up there?

            “Arrest all of Wu Fan’s men as traitors,” he announced and Zitao’s stomach fell.  They were all supposed to be in this together. They had all planned this together.  It had been Suho who had come up with the plan in the first place…

            A roar ripped from Zitao’s throat as he came to realization of the situation.  Two sets of hands, belonging to Baekho and Jonhyun, two of Aron’s men from another division, grabbed onto him and started to drag him away.

 

            “Well, well, well, look who we have here.”  Suho’s men all laughed as Aron and Minhyun dragged in the struggling Daehyun and Jongup, throwing them into the cell.  “If it isn’t the two lover boys from Baekje.  Prince Yongguk- excuse me- King Yongguk sure will be happy about this.  He’ll get to have the execution of the kingdom’s traitors as well as his husband’s ex-lover all in one go.”

            Daehyun lunged toward the boys with a feral growl, but the barred door was quickly slammed and locked in his face.  “We’ll come get you again when it’s time for your beheading.  See you~” the guards teased and then left the dungeon.

            Daehyun gave a hard kick to the door but accomplished nothing but hurting his foot.

            “!  GOD DAMMIT!” he cursed and fell to the ground.  He finally took note of his cell mates and was surprised to see Jongup cuddled up to and checking over a dark haired boy.

            “Junhong!  Is that really you?!” Jongup cried, unable to keep the tears from coming to his eyes.

            “JONGUPPIE!  What are you doing here, you big idiot?!” Junhong couldn’t believe his eyes.  The boy he had been thinking about non-stop for a month, the one who he prayed would come to save him, was finally in front of him.  He brought his arms up around the knight, pulling him into a tight hug and lightly hitting his fists against the boy’s strong back as he chastised him.

            “We’re here to rescue you and Youngjae.  You didn’t think we’d leave you, did you?” Jongup returned the hug with equal strength.  Neither boy could breathe, but they didn’t care.

            Daehyun felt momentary relief that they had found at least one of their friends safe and sound. 

            “What do you mean ‘save Youngjae’?” Junhong asked as he pulled back from Jongup to wipe his teary eyes.  “He said he wanted to be here.”

            “You haven’t talked to him?” Daehyun questioned in disbelief.  Junhong shook his head.

            “He’s been avoiding me since we moved here.  Bastard made me come live here and then just abandoned me.”

            “Hey, it’s not like that.  Don’t say that.”  Jongup lightly batted the younger’s head before pulling him back into a hug.  “He didn’t have a choice.  Yongguk threatened our families if Youngjae didn’t do what he said.” 

            Junhong’s mouth made a large ‘o’ in realization and he started to cry even harder.

            “I feel like such an ,” he sobbed into Jongup’s chest.  “I’ve been cursing him all month.  I even started to hate him.”

            “Sorry to interrupt your reunion over there,” Zitao’s voice interrupted Jongup’s efforts to calm the young servant down.  “But we need to work on getting out of here before they come to execute us.”

            “Do you have any ideas?” Daehyun called to the neighboring cell.

            “If I can get the doors open, you three go find Youngjae.  They must be keeping him locked up somewhere, since they apparently knew you were coming.  We’ll take care of the ing traitors and Bang.”

            “And just how do you intend to get the doors open?” Daehyun scoffed, but was only met with a loud clanging in reply.

            “Our Zitao is a wushu master!” Luhan shouted proudly from the same cell.  “Don’t underestimate his powerful legs.”  After another loud clang, Daehyun heard the door beside him creaking open. Seconds later, Zitao and Luhan came rushing out and grabbed for the cell keys hanging on the wall.  Zitao came to unlock the Baekje boys while Luhan freed the rest of their comrades.

            “Hurry up and go find Youngjae.  We’ll understand if you want to leave right away once you find him, but… it’d be nice to have your manpower now that we’re severely outnumbered.”

            Daehyun nodded his head in understanding.  “We’ll do whatever we can, as a thanks for helping us.”  He extended his hand and Zitao shook it briefly before rushing off to convene with the rest of the knights.

            “Good luck!” he called over his shoulder and the three boys grabbed their gear and took off out of the dungeon.

 

            “Where should we even start?” Jongup asked once they had scaled the long staircase.

            “I saw them taking him away this morning!” Junhong piped up with excitement.  “I thought it was strange because they were taking him toward the South when the speech was being held in the North.”

            “Is there a certain place in that direction they’d have taken him?”

            Junhong stopped to search his mind.  “Well, it’s a big castle so there are a lot of possible places and that area’s like a labyrinth.  But… there is one tower in particular that’s the tallest and most out of the way.  I’d put my money on there.”

            “Do you know how to get there?”

            “Please.  I spent over a month meticulously cleaning this castle by hand.  I know where everything is.  Let’s go!”  The three boys took off, sprinting down the hallway.

 

            They were lucky that the current state of panic at the castle kept them from being noticed.  Most people had rushed outside to deal with the commotion there, and the one’s who were left inside where in such a state of emergency, rushing here and there, that they paid no mind to three more running bodies.  Junhong had also managed to memorize all the best hiding places and would quickly shove the two knights into one whenever someone of concern passed by. 

            It took longer than they would have liked and they were all out of breath when they finally reached the stairs to the tower.  They looked up and groaned.  There was no end in sight- just stair after stair.

            “I told you it was the tallest,” Junhong huffed.  But the three boys were still pumping with adrenaline and managed to push their exhaustion to the back of their mind.  They scaled the stairs, legs and lungs burning, and finally made it to the top, a large wooden door blocking their path.

            “For the love of God, this better be the right place,” Jongup panted, folding in half and resting his hands on his knees while he tried to catch his breath.

            Daehyun looked at the door before him, heart pounding from a mixture of exercise and nerves.  Youngjae might be on the other side of that door.  He just had to get through it and they could be together again.  He brought his hand up and rapped his knuckles on the wood.

            “Yes?”  Daehyun froze as the world’s sweetest voice flowed into his ears.  “Is someone there?”

            “Y-Youngjae?” Daehyun fought to find his voice.

            Youngjae froze on the other side of the door.  No.  He had to be mistaken.  This was just another dream.  His mind had been plagued with hallucinations of his knight for the past month and this was no different.  But this time… something felt more real about it.  He risked a response.

            “D…D…Daehyun?”

            Daehyun’s chest flooded in relief.  “Youngjae!  Youngjae! It’s me!  Open up the door.  I’m here to take you home.”

            Youngjae couldn’t believe it.  He had dreamed of this for so long.  Tears started to fall from his eyes and he couldn’t control his sobs as he began to pound on the door.  “They locked me in from the outside!  I can’t open it.” 

            Daehyun cursed and took a step back.  “If the three of us kick it together, do you think we could break it down?” he asked Jongup.  Jongup gave the door a cursory glance.

            “Maybe.  Or break our legs.”

            “Come on, it’s worth a shot.  I mean, what else are we going to do?  Run up to Yongguk and ask him for the key?” Junhong chimed in.

            “Alright.  Lean back and put all the power in your foot.  Hit as close to the lock as you can on three.  Daehyun, you kick there, Junhong you kick here, and I’ll kick here.  Those are the weakest points,” Jongup pointed out each spot to the boys.  “Youngjae, get away from the door!  On three.  One.  Two.  Three!”  The boys kicked and the door shook, sending vibrations up their shins, but it wasn’t enough.  “Again!”

            It took five kicks and some very sore legs before the lock finally cracked and the door swung open.  A teary Youngjae stood on the other side and Daehyun ran and swept him up in is arms.  “Youngjae!  It’s you.  It’s really you.”  He felt his earlier adrenaline start to wear off and tears came to his eyes.  His knees gave out and he and Youngjae fell together in a crumpled mess on the floor, the prince sobbing uncontrollably into the knight’s shirt.

            Youngjae couldn’t control himself as he held onto Daehyun for dear life.  The arms he had longed for for so long were finally wrapped tight around him again and Daehyun’s scent flooded his senses, reminding him of home.  Home with his knight and his friends, away from all this. “I can’t believe you came.  You actually came for me.  Why?  After everything I said to you…” Daehyun just managed to make out Youngjae’s words through his tears and chuckled.

            “Of course I came.  I knew you didn’t mean it.  I know you, Youngjae.  I’m just sorry it took me so long.”

            Youngjae shook his head in response.  “No.  I don’t deserve it, not after everything I’ve done.”

            “Don’t say that.  You didn’t have a choice.”

            “No!  You don’t understand!” Youngjae sobbed even harder.  “You shouldn’t love me; you should have just let me rot here.  You don’t know the things I’ve done since I’ve been here…”

            Daehyun loosened his grip to take the crying prince’s face in his hands.  For the first time he could thoroughly examine it as he ran his thumbs across the boy’s sharp cheekbones, trying to dry away some of the tears.  Youngjae had undeniably lost a lot of weight.  His once fluffy cheeks were thinner and he had dark bags under his eyes.  He looked like he had been through hell and back; but even so, he was the most beautiful person Daehyun had ever seen.

            “Youngjae, listen to me.  No matter what happened, no matter what you did, it doesn’t matter.  You did what you had to do.  You sacrificed yourself for me.  No matter what, I will always love.”

            “I love you too, Daehyunnie.  I could only ever love you.”

            Daehyun pulled the younger boy forward in a kiss, meshing their lips together.  Passion flowed through both of them as they held each other tight, relishing in the feeling of one another that they had been missing for so long. They stayed pressed together for as long as their lungs would allow.  Daehyun rested his forehead against Youngjae’s as they pulled away.

            “I’m so sorry for letting you go,” he breathed out over his prince’s lips.  “But I’ll die before I let it happen again.”

            “Me too,” Youngjae whispered back, his tears ceased thanks to the kiss.  “I’ll never leave you again, no matter what.”

            “Uhhhh… I hate to interrupt you guys, but we should probably get going.  We won’t be safe here for long,” Junhong piped up and for the first time the prince and knight remembered the two other boys in the room.

            “Junhong… I’m so sorry… I’m so so so sorry,” Youngjae threatened to cry again but the dark haired boy quickly rushed forward to envelope his friend in a long over-due hug.

            “No worries, hyung.  You don’t have anything to apologize for.”  They hugged for a few seconds longer and then broke apart.  Jongup instantly swooped in to wrap his arms around the prince.

            “I missed you so much, Youngjae.  It’ll be good to have you home.”

            “I missed you too, Jonguppie,” Youngjae laughed and he felt his heart growing lighter for the first time in over a month.  He finally had his friends back and he could go home.

            “So what’s the plan?” He asked as he wiped his face of any lingering tears.

            “Making it to the stables and booking out of here?” Junhong suggested.

            “What about the other guys, though?” Jongup cut in.  “Are we really going to leave them high and dry like that?”

            Daehyun chewed on his lip, torn on what to do.  He finally decided.  “Yes.  It’s awful, but they’ll understand.  We have to get these two to safety.  That’s our first priority.  We can come back later once we assure they’re home.”

            “That’ll be days from now, hyung.  It’ll be too late.”

            “What are you talking about?” Youngjae interrupted.  Daehyun quickly briefed him of the crisis outside but Youngjae shook his head.

            “No. We stay, then.”

            “What?!” Daehyun growled.

            “We stay and we help.  You don’t know the Bangs like I do.  You don’t know what those guys risked in order to help us like that.  We can’t leave them alone.  Not to mention, if they’re all killed and Yongguk successfully becomes king, what do you think he’s going to do?  He WILL come after us.  We’ll have to take him on sooner or later.”

            “NO!” Daehyun shouted and all three boys flinched.  “I’ve already lost you once and I won’t do it again.  I’m sorry, but you’re first priority before anyone else.  I’m not going to risk it.”

            “Daehyun-“ Youngjae’s tone was dangerously stern, but Jongup quickly interrupted.

            “What if Youngjae and Junhong left and we stayed behind, hyung?”  All boys turned their attention to him.  “We’ll arm them, get them to the stables, and see them off.  Then we’ll go back and fight with Zitao and the guys while Junhong and Youngjae ride home.  They’ll go back to Baekje and tell the king and queen what’s happening.  They’ll be able to send reinforcements.”

            Both boys reluctantly agreed.  They didn’t want to part so soon after finding one another again, but they couldn’t think of another compromise.  “Alright.  Let’s go find some weapons for you two and get you to the stables.”

            They left the tower and returned to the main part of the castle.  They moved cautiously through the halls, relieved that there didn’t seem to be many people about.  They turned a corner and came to a dead end.  “Are you sure we’re going the right way, Jae?”  But the boys were only answered by a muffled yelp and quickly spun around.

            Yongguk stood there, glaring down at them.  Youngjae was captured tight in his left arm while his right held his sword up to Youngjae’s throat.

            “YOU!” Daehyun snarled, drawing his sword, but Yongguk merely tisked at him and brought his blade closer to Youngjae’s skin.

            “I wouldn’t make any stupid movements if I were you,” he threatened.  The other three boys stopped, paralyzed.  Yongguk continued on.  “You two,” he motioned toward Jongup and Junhong with his chin.  “Get out of here.  This doesn’t concern you.”

            “No way-“ But Junhong was interrupted by Youngjae’s cry as the blade started to break his skin.

            “I said leave.  I’ll kill all four of you if I have to, but I’d rather leave it at one.”

            “Get out of here and help Zitao,” Daehyun ordered, his eyes never leaving Yongguk’s.  The two other boys shared an uncertain glance before racing past Yongguk and down the hall.

            “They left, now let him go,” Daehyun ordered to Yongguk, but he was just met with a smirk.

            “Well, aren’t you demanding for someone who broke into my home and tried to steal my property.”

            “He’s not yours,” Daehyun growled, his grip tightening on his sword.

            “Youngjae.  Stand over there and don’t move a muscle.”  Yongguk shoved Youngjae across the hall where he slammed into the wall.  “ I want you to watch as I kill your precious little boyfriend.  Then you’ll have nobody left to love but me.”

---------------------------------------------------------

Author’s note:

Hey guys!  It’s me again.  Even though I just saw you yesterday (<_<).

Sorry to be spamming you with updates (and this one is a bit of a behemoth at that).  It’s just that starting next week work is going to get REALLY busy again (Spring break is over on Monday. Excuse me while I go cry a river), and I want to get this mostly done before then so I don’t leave you guys high and dry with infrequent updates during the .

 

We’re looking at about 2 chapters left!

 

See you again soon

<3 Dani