Twenty5: Conversation

A Change Of Heart

 

As Jiyong parked his black Lamborghini at the school grounds, almost all the students who are around the are at that moment stopped what they were doing and where they were heading just to watch them. They just got back from the Starly Shop where Jiyong had brought Dara to change her clothes. Cameras and cell phones were immediately fished out just when Jiyong and Dara went out of the shiny car. Jiyong walked nonchalantly towards their building, not minding the crowd that are watching them at the moment, while Dara had to bow her head in embarrassment because of the attention they're getting. After getting inside the building, Dara sighed in relief when the crowd disappeared. They continued walking until they reached the corner where Dara has to turn left and Jiyong to the right.

 

 

Jiyong was about to turn right when Dara called him. Turning around, he just gave Dara a what-is-it look.

 

 

"Thank you." Dara said, and gave him a small yet shy smile.

 

 

Jiyong nodded and turned around. For a moment, Dara just watched him walk away from her, then after a few seconds, she turned around and started walking as well. Passing an empty classroom, she fished out her phone and checked her SMS. She receive one message from an unknown number and immediately, she stopped from walking.  Her brows furrowed in curiosity and so, she opened it.

 

 

 

From: 010-XXXXXXXX

Message:

Unnie, Minzy here. Sorry I used another number. My phone is being monitored.

 Is it okay if I call Mr. Grumpy and give him the PL instead? I can't really meet you. Too risky.

Call or message me. And please use another number.

 

 

 

Dara bit her lip, not sure if she should say yes or no. Sure thing, she and Jiyong are now close enough to be called as friends, but will he agree to it? She blew air inside , thinking of something. She continued walking to her next classroom.

 

 

Upon reaching her classroom, she roamed her eyes and spotted Jaejoong sitting on one of the chairs. She smiled and approached him just in time when Jaejoong lifted his head. Their eyes met, and Jaejoong immediately smiled after seeing her. Dara took the seat beside him and turned her head to face him.

 

 

"Jaejoong, can I borrow your phone?" Dara asked.

 

 

Jaejoong raised his brow in confusion. "Why?" he asked as he fish his phone from his pocket.

 

 

"I need to message someone, but I can't use my phone." she answered, matter-of-factly.

 

 

Jaejoong handed him his phone without asking anything anymore. Dara quickly typed her message to Minzy.

 

 

 

 

To: 010-XXXXXXXX

Message:

Minzy, Dara here. This is Jae's number.

I'm not sure if Jiyong would agree on meeting you for my PL. I'll try to ask him.

SMS me on my number.

 

 

 

 

After sending it, she returned it to Jaejoong and thanked him. Jaejoong just smiled and nodded. After a few minutes of silence, Jaejoong decided to break the ice between them.

 

 

"Dara, what's up with you and Jiyong?" he asked.

 

 

"Huh?" Dara asked. Pink tints colored her cheeks.

 

 

Jaejoong shrugged. "I' curious as well." He said.

 

 

Dara shyly fidgeted on her seat as she look down on her fingers. "We're friends." She answered. Her phone beeped, interrupting Jaejoong from what he was about to say. She opened her phone as well as her message.

 

 

 

 

From: 010-XXXXXXXX

Message:

He'll agree to it. He won't be able to do anything.

Inform me about it unnie. ASAP.

 

 

 

 

Dara sighed, totally not in favor of asking Jiyong to meet up with Minzy just to pass the PL to her. She knows she can't ask anyone other that Jiyong to get her PL in her place. Her thoughts then drifted to Chaerin. She knows someone is getting her PL  from Minho, but she still haven't ask her on who the person is. They haven't seen each other since Daesung's party and they needed to really see each other to discuss things.

 

 

 Jaejoong looked at her after hearing her sigh. He tried to peek at her phone, but it was already locked and all he can see is the black screen. His gaze then shifted to Dara again and noticed that she's now deep in thought. He can see her eyes pass through the white board all the way to where her thoughts were at the moment.

 

 

Dara blinked and opened her phone. She started composing what she wants to say to Jiyong. Jaejoong just watch her as she type something, then deletes it after, then she'll type something again, then deletes it again. She'll frown, pout, crunch her face and sigh as she types something. Jaejoong's lips curve into a small smile while watching her.

 

 

Finally, Dara decided to just message her the simplest thing she can muster and just ask him about the problem later when they're both home.

 

 

 

 

To: Jiyong

Message:

Jiyong, I have something to tell you.

Later when we get home. >.<

 

 

 

---o---

 

 

 

Chaerin is walking along the banks of Han River, trying to think of something. She just stared ahead of her, not minding anything on her surroundings. The wind blew to her face and she abruptly closes her eyes to feel the freedom she has dreamt of having after five years of seeing nothing but white walls, white room and and anything whose color is white. Lost in her own world, she wakes up from her reverie when her phone rang. Fishing it out from her pocket, she looked at the caller ID and saw Daesung's number and name on it. Her brows furrowed as she answers her phone.

 

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

 

"Ah, CL. Where are you?" Daesung asked.

 

 

"Why are you asking?" she asked back.

 

 

"Well, we have something to tell…. Er… ask you." Daesung answered.

 

 

"About what?" she asked. Her eyes roamed around the area.

 

 

"Well, a young woman was looking for you and Dara-noona at the Gizibe club last night." Daesung answered. "Do you know her?" he asked.

 

 

Almost immediately, Chaerin stopped from walking. Her jaw clenched and again, she roamed her eyes around the area. Her senses alerted, just in case someone is tailing her. When she was confident that no one is around, she focused on the person she's talking.

 

 

"Meet me at the Hideout. 8pm" she said and hanged up.

 

 

 

---o---

 

 

 

Bom sat on her couch after getting home from the university. She fished out her phone from her pouch and started looking for a number. She then dialed it waited for the other line to pick up. While waiting for the other person to pick up her call, she fished out her phone from her bag a crumpled paper to which the plans for the festival were listed.

 

 

"Yeoboseyo?" the person on the other line pick up.

 

 

"Seungri." Bom said.

 

 

"Yes noona?" Seungri said.

 

 

"I have a favor to ask you." Bom said.

 

 

"Neh noona. What is it?" Seungri asked.

 

 

"Well, me and Dara are going somewhere to look for an apartment tomorrow, but Yoona called me and told me that they need my help tomorrow for the preparation of the festival. Can you accompany Dara instead?" she asked.

 

 

"What about Ji-hyung?" he asked.

 

 

"He doesn't know about Dara looking for an apartment." Bom said.

 

 

"Oh. Okay then. I'm free tomorrow." Seungri informed her.

 

 

"Okay. Thank you Ri!" Bom said and hanged up. Getting up from her bed, she headed towards her bathroom to freshen up.

 

 

 

 

---o---

 

 

 

 

Daesung and Seungri walked through the crowd and towards the stairs. Chaerin instructed them to get a private room since she said that what they'll be discussing is HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL. They don't know why all of a sudden, Chaerin acted that way, when in fact, it was just about a young woman asking about her. Deciding that they'll just ask her later about it, they did not ask her any more questions and just complied to what she said. Opening up the room 19, they entered  after making sure that the area is clear.

 

 

They found Chaerin sitting on the couch, with a drink on her hand. Turning around, she looked at them seriously, and immediately, they knew that the matter is serious. As the two boys walked to the couch, Chaerin placed her drink on the table.

 

 

"Can you describe her?" Chaerin asked right away.

 

 

Seungri and Daesung eyed each other before Daesung raise his brow up once to give Seungri the signal.

 

 

"She's blonde. Tall. Slim. She's in all blue, wearing blue fitted jeans and a hanging blue long sleeved dress. And a belt with a little bag is on her waist where a katana is kept." Seungri described the young woman who asked her about Dara and Chaerin.

 

 

Chaerin's brow furrowed after hearing the katana. She mumbled a name but it wasn't loud enough for the two boys to hear. "How did you know that it she has a katana?" she asked.

 

 

"I saw it. The end of the handle has the logo of Samurai Society on it." Seungri answered. Daesung, on the other hand, just sat there, quietly.

 

 

Chaerin's jaw clenched as she heard the news. She looked at the two boys who are watching them. "If ever she comes here and asks for us again, don't tell her anything." she said. The two boys just looked at her and to each other, and then back to Chaerin. "Can I have your word?" she asked.

 

 

Daesung and Seungri nodded slowly. "Is… Is she dangerous?" Daesung asked.

 

 

Chaerin did not answer immediately, not knowing is she'll answer them truthfully or not. But, after contemplating for a while, she chose to go on the former.

 

 

"Yes. Stay away from her" she answered.

 

 

 

 

---o---

 

 

 

 

 Jiyong went down from his car and started ascending to the stairs to his house. It was already 11:49 in the evening when he arrived. He went to visit his sister at the hospital and told her about the things that happened to him so far. After spending a couple of hours in the hospital, he decided to drink a bit at one of the nearest bar around the area. On his way home, however, he has been thinking about what Dara wants to tell him. He opened the door stepped inside his house. Walking to his living room, there he found Dara sitting on the couch, looking nervous. He cocked his head to the side in confusion as to why does she looked so agitated.

 

 

Dara roamed her eyes around and saw Jiyong standing there, near the entrance, looking at her. She abruptly stood up and gulped.

 

 

"What is it?" Jiyong asked as he walk closer. He sat down on the single couch and looked up at her.

 

 

"Well…" she started. She sat down on the couch, left side of Jiyong. She fidgeted her fingers in nervousness.

 

 

Jiyong just looked at her, waiting for what she's going to say.

 

 

"I have... a favor to ask." Dara said, slowly.

 

 

"What?" Jiyong asked.

 

 

Dara breathed in heavily before saying anything. "Can you please meet Minzy in my place and get my medication from her?" she asked, fast.

 

 

Jiyong raised his brow. He just looked at her for a few minutes. Dara started feeling awkward because Jiyong isn't saying anything. Not being able to wait for Jiyong's answer, she bit her lower lip and she sighed. She bowed her head.

 

 

"If you don't want to---------------"

 

 

"Where?" Jiyong asked, interrupting her.

 

 

Dara looked up to see Jiyong's face. "Huh?" she asked.

 

 

"Where will I meet her?" he asked again.

 

 

"You'll go?" she asked.

 

 

Jiyong nodded. Dara was about to smile but Jiyong stopped her. "But…." he trailed. "You have to tell me about yourself first." he said.

 

 

Dara blinked at him, trying to process what he just said.

 

 

"Don't worry, I'm not forcing you to say something you don't want to say. Just tell me those you can share." he said and slowly, Dara nodded.

 

 

"Uhm… I guess I'll start with my real name." she said and a pink tint can be seen on her cheeks.

 

 

"Park Sandara" Jiyong said and Dara nodded, shyly. "You have a beautiful name" Jiyong said and immediately, Dara's face flushed. "Why didn't you tell me before?" he asked.

 

 

"I… I can't remember much at that time." she said. "As far as I can remember, I came from Busan. I had my parents and a little brother. We were close." she started.

 

 

"Where are they?" he asked.

 

 

Dara fell silent. After getting out of the Dome, she hasn’t given much thought about the whereabouts of her family yet. All she was thinking for the time being was to get away from the Dome, forever. She thought that she'll just deal with her family later on.

 

 

"I don't know." She answered, honestly. Jiyong did not asked her anything after that, understanding that it was an off topic for her.

 

 

Dara noticed Jiyong's silence and felt guilty for not being able to answer him. She inhaled deeply and smiled. "I like pink." Dara said all of a sudden, trying to enlighten the mood. Jiyong's brow raised in amusement for her sudden change of mood. "I like cute things like rabbits. I once had a stuffed toy named Tamtam but I don't know where he is now. Childish it may seem, but I also like Spongebob." she said and a smile spread across her face. "I like noodles and kimchi fried rice." she added. "I don’t like dogs." she said as she crunched her face.

 

 

Jiyong just watched her state the different things she likes and hates. Her face would show different emotions which made his lips curve into a small smile. She just continued on saying the things that comes on her mind, not minding if it's important or not. She talked to him like they were friends for a very long time. Jiyong would smile and chuckle at some of the things she would say. Jiyong glanced at the clock and saw that it was already past one in the morning.

 

 

After a few minutes of telling him about herself, Dara finally noticed that she already said too much about herself. Instantly, she blushed and clamped . Jiyong just smiled at her.

 

 

"Where will I meet her?" he asked.

 

 

"Ahm…. At the Cat Café." she answered.

 

 

Jiyong then stood up and stretched his limbs up. Dara stood up as well. Jiyong started walking upstairs, with Dara following her. They both stop when they reach the door of their own rooms. Dara twisted the knob open and was about to get inside her room when Jiyong called her.

 

 

"Dara." he said and Dara immediately turned around. He bowed his head once quickly to her telling her to come close to him.

 

 

Dara came closer and stopped a few inches away from him. She can only blink when all of a sudden, she just realized that Jiyong is hugging her. Dara felt her heart do somersaults when she felt Jiyong's arm around her again. Her face immediately flushed and she held her breathe. She gulped the unknown lump on .

 

 

"I think I'll be needing this...." he trailed as he hug her a bit tighter. "….starting tonight." he finished and after a few more seconds, he pulled away. He smiled at her blushing face and pinched her nose. "Goodnight, grandma." he said and went inside his room while Dara was left there, shocked and blushing.

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 25 :) hope you like it!

THANK YOU FOR READING, SUBSCRIBING, UPVOTING AND COMMENTING ON MY STORY!

 

-MsGeeDee