Can it really be her?

Kevin's Childhood Friend, AJ's Classmate, and Eli's Adoptive Sister Say What?!

 

KEVIN’S P.O.V

“_________” Just as AJ hyung said her name, my whole body froze. My mind shut down. He said she reminded him of me. She was even from the same place I grew up! It can’t be her, can it? Coincidences just don’t happen like this. What would she be doing all the way in New York anyway? 

I was thinking too deeply until I felt water on my head. Wait.. Water?! My hair! I looked up and saw Hoon hyung pouring water on me, laughing while everyone joined in. 

“AHH! Hyung! Why did you do that?! My hair!” I screamed then glared at him. 

“We tried calling you thousands of times but you didn’t answer.” AJ hyung said. I just nodded. Kiseop hyung passed me a towel to dry my hair. 

“Why were you so zoned out anyway?” Hoon hyung asked. Everyone then turned their attention towards me.

“Nothing.” I kept quiet for a while but I just I had to ask AJ this, “Just by a chance hyung, what’s _______’s last name?” 

He seemed caught off guard but replied, “I actually don’t know. I never asked.” I formed an “Oh” shape with my mouth. 

“Why’d you ask hyung?” Dongho asked me. 

“Just thought it might be someone I knew..” I said but trailed off at the last few words.

Everyone nodded then their eyes brightened up. Seems like they knew what I was talking about. 

Kiseop hyung was the first to speak. “Wait, you don’t think it’s that American girl from your childhood you always talk about do you?” Everyone nodded, agreeing with what he asked me. 

I looked at everyone and shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know. I haven’t seen her in years and I don’t even know why she would be in New York, to go to college on the opposite side of the country when there are great colleges in California. The last time I saw her, I confessed that I love her. I left before she could even react. It would be too much of a coincidence if it really is her. I want to believe it but I don’t want to get my hopes up either.” I sighed and looked down. 

What if it really was her? So many memories started flooding my mind. The day we first met, the day I left. Everything came back to me. At that point, all I wanted to do was just cry. 

It was too quiet. I finally looked up and noticed everyone was staring at me. Dongho came and patted me on the back. I smiled and told them I’m okay. But to be honest, the thought of it really being my childhood friend, who I always loved, it never left my mind. 

“Do you remember what she looked like?” AJ hyung asked me. Breaking the silence. 

“She had medium brown wavy hair. She’s Korean and she was shorter than me by like an inch. Her skin was pretty white. She was always smiling so happy and I never saw her sad, not once.” I told him. 

AJ hyung seemed to think for a moment and nodded. “The one I know, she has long brown hair. She’s Korean too though and she’s about maybe 3” shorter than you, Kevin. But the one I know, she hardly smiles. But it has been years since you guys saw each other so she could have changed a lot or a little.” 

I nodded then something he said caught my attention. She hardly smiles? Why is that? “Wait, she hardly ever smiles?” 

AJ hyung nodded. “Yeah, when I first met her, she had a blank expression, flat voice. It seemed like she didn’t want to be there. She was really cold too. Her eyes just seemed lifeless.” 

“It can’t be her then.” I said without a thought. Everyone looked at me shocked. 

“Kevin, dude, it’s been ye-“ Eli began to say but I inturrupted. 

“NO! It can’t be her! The ________ I know, she isn’t like that! She’s always happy! She’s nice. I just know it..” I screamed but then the last part came out as a whisper. 

 

SOOHYUN’s P.O.V 

“NO! It can’t be her! The ________ I know, she isn’t like that! She’s always happy! She’s nice. I just know it..” Kevin screamed but then his voice got lower. 

Everyone looked at him, shocked by his outburst. This is the first time we ever saw Kevin like this. The Kevin we were used to was always happy and smiling. He rarely gets sad or upset for that matter. And he never screams. Even when he does, he always gets over it a second later, but this time, it seemed serious. 

Kevin noticed how awkward the atmosphere was getting so he brightened up immediately. 

“Ah! Miahne everyone! I’m fine, really! Hehehe let’s continue with the party” Kevin suddenly said with a bright smile. It was pretty obvious to everyone he was still upset but we all shrugged it off and continued with the party. 

 

NO ONE’S P.O.V

Everyone was drinking, eating, and having a good time. Kevin was still upset but he didn’t show it. AJ just came back today so he didn’t want to ruin that. Still though, the thought of AJ’s classmate, actually being his childhood friend never left his mind. 

Kevin drank and drank to get his mind off of it. Soon enough, he passed out on the couch. Eli carried him to his room and let him sleep. 

The rest of the members cleaned up once it was getting too late. They all agreed not to bring up the subject about what happened earlier and let it be. They were never gonna see her any ways so it was something not to even talk about. Little did they know, she would be showing up in their lives soon enough.

 


 

The morning came and everyone woke up. Kevin was still knocked out with a hangover. You know when Kevin has a hangover when Dongho wakes up before him. Everyone except Kevin were all gathered in the kitchen for breakfast. They didn’t bother waking up the sleeping beauty because he needed to rest anyways. 

Kevin soon woke up though from the members being too loud. He climbed out of bed and dragged his feet to where the rest of the members were. 

“Argg, why are you guys so loud early in the morning?? Y’all are giving me a headache.” Kevin said annoyingly. He sat down next to Dongho. Hoon gave him a bowl of cereal and some medicine. 

“Here, drink the medicine first and then eat. It’ll help you with that hangover of yours.” Hoon told him.

“Thanks umma.” Hoon nodded and continued eating. 

After a while, Eli’s phone was ringing. It was his parents. He went to the living room and answered it.

“Umma?!” 

“Ahh, hello! How’s my baby doing?”

“I’m great, how are you and appa?”

“We’re fine sweetie. Uhm, we kind of need to talk to you, or well tell you something.”

“Okay? What is it?” 

“Well you see, I just hope you don’t get angry at us for this. We’re going to Korea, to visit you next month.”

“Jinja?! Umma! That’s great! Wait, why would you think I would be angry?”

“Because there’s more to it..”

Eli started getting scared. “Is everything okay?”

“Somewhat. Define okay to you?”

“Umma! Come on, tell me.” Eli started getting impatient.

Eli’s mom took a deep breath. “We’re dropping off your sister.”

“Wait, don’t they have school?”

“Not them. Your other sister.. who was born in California..”

“Real funny. Now come on, what’s really going on?”

She sighed and continued, “Eli, I’m serious. You have a sister in California. Well, she’s actually your adopted sister.”

“ADOPTED!???” Eli practically screamed.

 

 


Chapter 6 is finally here! What do you guys think? Kevin freaking out, thinking about his childhood friend and old memories flooding his mind; and Eli finally finding out about his adopted sister! What's gonna happen now? What is Eli gonna say? How is he gonna react? Is he gonna accept his new sister? Or is he just gonna push her away and ignore her? Stay tuned (: !

Don't forget to subscribe and comment (: I'd love to hear your thoughts <3 annyeoungg ~