Short and Simple

Kevin's Childhood Friend, AJ's Classmate, and Eli's Adoptive Sister Say What?!

 

______’s P.O.V

“So.. ______, do you wanna tell us how you know Kevin and AJ?”

Eli oppa asked me. I looked up to see everyone staring. I took a deep breath and began.. 

“Long story short, Kevin oppa is my childhood friend and AJ oppa is my class mate from New York.” 

Everyone looked at me kind of surprised. Did I say something wrong?

"That's it?" Eli oppa asked me.

"What else is there to say?"

"Well, considering how you and Kevin hugged each other, I thought there was more to that."

"We just haven't seen each other in a long time so of course we would hug like that."

"I see.. Well Kevin, AJ, do you guys have anything to add?" Eli oppa turned to them and asked. 

AJ started to speak. "Well ________, seems like you still haven't changed. Guys, this is the girl I was talking about, who reminded me of Kevin when I was over there." I looked at him confused. I guess he read my mind because he continued on explaining. "I told the guys you reminded me of Kevin because you would try to avoid me and everything which is what Kevin would do to me. Now I see why you guys are friends haha" I just nodded. 

"Ahh now I remember!" Dongho suddenly shouted. Everyone looked at him confused. "Noona! AJ hyung told us all about you how your cold and you hardly smile! When he told us your name, Kevin hyung automatically thought about you." 

"Yahh makne! BE QUIET!" All the oppas started yelling at Dongho but he kept going on..

"Speaking of Kevin, you know he talks about you a lot! He never shuts up and he always complains about how much he misses you. But when he heard AJ say your mean, Kevin kept denying it was you and -" Dongho was cut off by Kevin who suddenly attacked him. I looked at them wide eyed, not believing what I was hearing. Kevin misses me?

"Makne! I'm gonna kill you!" Kevin screamed and started playfully choking him. 

"Ahh~ hyungs! Help meeee!" 

"Sorry bro, you did this to your self." Soohyun oppa told him. Kevin kept beating up Dongho while everyone else laughs. Once Kevin calmed down, he stopped. He looked over towards me and apologized for Dongho's mouth. 

"It's okay oppa. I understand." I told him. He nodded and sat down. "Can we eat now? I'm hungry." I asked. I wasn't really hungry. I just wanted to get out of this awkward atmosphere. 

 


 

We all went to the dining room. I sat between Kevin oppa and AJ oppa. As we were eating, AJ oppa asked me, "So how was New York after I left?"

"Fine. Everyone misses you of course. Especially Isabelle." 

AJ nodded. We talked about a few other things and catched up. 

"So, we hear AJ is annoying.." Soohyun oppa asked me. 

I let out a small laugh. "Haha.. Yeah he is. Everytime I'm reading or doing something, he would literally pop up out of the blue and bother me! It would be so annoying. I tell him to go away but he just won't listen. I always try my best to avoid him but it's impossible." I sighed. 

Everyone started laughing and making fun of AJ. He started turning red in embarrassement. 

"Hey, I was just trying to be friendly!" 

"Can't you do that without being annoying?" I asked

He just kept his mouth shut and started shoving food in his mouth while everyone laughed some more. 

"It's okay I know how you feel." Kevin said to me. I looked at him, we locked eyes for a minute but then turned away quickly. I felt my cheeks getting red.. Oh god.. I'm not blushing am I? I never blush..

"Yeah, he does. AJ hyung always bothers him too, just like he does to you." Dongho suddenly said. I just nodded and smiled. 

After we were finished, umma and appa had to leave. They couldn't stay the night because of some business stuff they had to do. Eli and I bid them goodbye.

"Take care of your sister okay? We'll be checking up often. AND most importantly, protect her! Got it?" Appa told him.

"Appa.. I'm not a child anymore." I said.

He laughed. "You'll always be my little girl, you know that." 

Eli came over and put his hand on my head. "No worries. I got this!" He said and smiled brightly, full of cofidence. 

Afterwards, we gave them a hug and they left. Now, it was just me and the U-Kiss guys. Manager uncle because he was tired. 

I went to the living room and sat down on the couch. Silence..

 

KEVIN's P.O.V

It was quiet. Eli's parents left and so did manager hyung. We all were gathered in the living room. I wanted to talk but I was just too scared. Especially in front of the members. I had so many questions to ask ________ but I don't want to ask because everyone is here. 

Aish! Forget it! I'm gonna ask any way. 

"_______..." She looked at me. Her eyes again, locked with mine. Oh those eyes.. How much I missed them.

"Yes Kevin?" 

"How come you went to college in New York? There are great colleges in California you could have gone too."

"Oh, I just wanted to get away from California."

"Oh.. I see. How have you been? You know, since I left?" 

_______ froze for a second. Her eyes turned cold and dark. I know everyone noticed it. But those cold eyes, they were gone as fast as it came. 

"I've been fine. Same old. I graduated, worked at different places, and then went to college in New York."

"Oh okay, thats cool.." My voice trailed off. 

For some reason, I just didn't believe her. I mean, yeah I do but something tells me that something more happened. Something deeper than what she was leading on. I don't know what it was, but I just had a feeling. I've known her long enough to know when she's lying. I have to know why she is the way she is now. The _______ I knew, she was always happy, smiling. The person I see right now, in front of me, she's been through a lot and possibly more than I can imagine. What happened after I left? What happen to her..? 

She looked at her watch and got up. "Ahh, I'm tired. I'm gonna rest now, I'll see you guys tomorrow. Goodnight oppas and Dongho." With that, she left. She didn't give us a chance to say anything at all.. She just left. I have to find out what's going on. I have to find out what happened to her. That's a promise I'm definitely gonna keep. 

 

 


Chapter 12 is up (: So what's your thoughts on this? Kevin being curious about why she's acting the way she is.. Is he gonna be able to figure it out him self? What's gonna happen now? How will their relationship turn out? Stay tuned (: 

Enjoy, subscribe, and comment :D

@nayeli21 Haha biased are we? It's okay (: I sort of am too lol

@lovedaAegyo Awh really? Thank you (: That makes me smile :D Hope you enjoyed this chapter xD

@yuki_kissme Here you go~! Hope you enjoyed this one (:

@FireSpark96 Ahh, thank you~! Enjoy and subcribe as well (: 

@hellopanda23 LOL (: Thank you. I try to update when I can xD Hope you enjoyed this chapter~!

@Elfkali Next chapter is here (: Hope you enjoyed it~

@Omgiluvelvin Awh, well thank you (: and welcome to my fanfic!