chap 5

A Beautiful Reality

“And my decision is final..”

“That I want you all to help each other to study..”

“And I’ve made a group of study partner..”

“Which is why… starting now… all of you…”

“Will study… in pair…”

And that words, successfully bring every eyes glued to the tanned girl who is standing in front of the class.

And really, maybe for the very first time, all pairs of eyes glued right on her.

And immediately, the silent class filled with soft grunt, annoyed mumble, and even light protest from some students. And even sharp gazes from some silent students, won’t make her step back to what she said earlier, instead, she wore that satisfied smile on her face.

“So..” the tanned girl added “I am going to pair you from your score.. and the 4 student with the better one would help the other four below…”

“And.. Kim taeyeon.. you would help lee sunny to study while tiffany will help jessica, seohyun with hyoyeon, and choi sooyoung, you will help yoona..”

She can see some students glance over their partner, while some sure show their disinterest clearly by ignoring it, and staring somewhere else.

Yuri seems to think for a moment, having some though about what would it be in that study group. It would be useless if they don’t get closer to each other, so the tanned girl tried to think a way to make it work better.

And while she has to make her student get closer and know each other better, she has to make sure that their score will get better too.

“And.. I’m going to tell you the rule..”

“It’s quite simple..”

“First.. the pair I’ve just told you would be your study partner either in school, and.. in home..” she said, earning another protest from her only 8 students.

“It would be okay if you want to study with each other to, but the list I made would be the one who help you to study most..” she added, even though she is sure that nobody will enthusiast enough about the study partner, moreover talk about study with more than one people.

“Second.. as you heard, you have to study at home.. with your study partner.. I don’t care if you want to have that study time more.. but you have to do it at least once a week.. and you can do it in either both of your home..”

“..and I want you to report how far the progress is going on..” Yuri said “..every week..”

Small noises of protest and soft grunt still fill the room. Yuri stared at her students, wearing that proud smile as she watches how for the first time, her words finally get her students attention, even not all of them. But, at least, this is the first time she got such response from her class.

 

“And class..” Yuri said “..and class, since you all are going to study in pair..” she added “I want you to sit closer to your partner, so that it would be easy to teach each other in between our class.. and you can just ask immediately to them, okay?”

“And please now push your seat closer to your partner.. close the small gap in between..” she said “and just sits in pair..”

And it’s enough to get the class louder than how it always been.

“What? why should we?!” Yoona protested right away.

“I take no objection.. and to let you know..” Yuri answered “you are not in the place to go against this Yoona..” she said “..and I believe you know your rank in this class..”

“But-..”

“And so, now.. talk to your partner instead of me..” she said “besides.. all the four students with the highest score in this class don’t seem bothered much..” she said “and I hope you can help each other to study and just graduating together..”

Yoona thrown a glare on her teacher along with soft curses and definitely protest in between, but Yuri pretended not to hear, she is used to it anyway. It’s just a month, and she knows she will get this kind of response.

And she doesn’t care.

 

In less than 15 minutes, all of them already sit in pair.

“It’s good that you’re my study partner..” Tiffany said, glancing on the blonde “if it’s not you, I will already protested right away..” she said “and of course I can even get my father to do something about this..”

Jessica eyed the red haired girl, her friend ever since she stepped in high school. A friend who is maybe just a friend, and as far as she remember, she even rarely talk to the girl.

So far, they just have been in the same class since they got into high school. And other from that, they don’t even know each other’s life. It’s all purely that they only need to know each other’s name.

“..ye-yeah..” Jessica mumbled, her face got slightly red. It’s the first time she hears something like that from someone she has been keeping her eyes on… secretly..

“Hey, are you okay? You’re red..”

“..yeah.. it’s just hot..” Jessica said, trying to keep her face expressionless, just like how she usually is, and just how Tiffany usually sees, and so just like how they usually used to.

“I see..” Tiffany smiled “anyway, I hope we can study together just good..” she said “let’s help each other, okay?”

Jessica nodded lightly as her eyes locked with Tiffany’s.

This may not the best thing that can happen in her life, but it’s not a bad one, right?

Trying to keep her heart calm, Jessica turned to the front coolly, and Tiffany starts doing her own things.

Jessica glanced on her new study partner. It’s not easy to hide her feeling all these years, and with this study partner thing, Jessica is afraid, if she can no longer hide it anymore..

 

“..so.. hmm.. Sunny-shi?” Taeyeon called carefully, giving a small smile along.

Sunny sighed inwardly before she turned to face her study partner, saying nothing as she stared on the latter’s eyes, definitely enough to make Taeyeon nervous.

Yes, Taeyeon is the school’s president, but doesn’t mean she is good in everything. Sunny’s stare just enough to make her speechless.

“..what?” Sunny asked coldly when Taeyeon said nothing.

“..mm.. it’s.. er.. since we’re study partner now..” Taeyeon said “..let—let’s being friends..”

“We’re in the same school, same class..” Sunny said “we know each other’s name.. we’re school mate..”

“Not friends?” Taeyeon’s brows furrowed.

“All we need to do is study, right?” Sunny asked back “let’s just keep it that way..” she said, before turned back to the window.

Taeyeon opened , but nothing escapes her lips.

And really, out of all persons she met, this is just the first time someone doesn’t give her a warm smile while she gives one.

This is the first time someone ignore her while she is being kind, and this is really just the first time someone treated her like that.

Escaping a soft sigh, Taeyeon turn back to the front. How the hell her third year in high school turn out like this.. and seriously.. what a study partner she has..

 

“So, let me recall what the teacher just said..” Seohyun said, her body facing Hyoyeon’s, and her eyes looking straight to the blonde girl.

“We will become study partner.. and I will help you to study..” she said “..you can ask me whatever you want regarding to what we study at school or even if there is something you want to know..” she said “and if by any case I don’t know the answer, I will looking it out, and tell it to you later..”

“And aside from that, we can study together, so we will learn from each other..” Seohyun said “and after that—Hyoyeon-shi..” Seohyun scolded, pulling out the headset from both the blonde’s ears “that’s rude, you know..” she said, giving an unpleasant look.

“I am talking here, and you should listen to me, Hyoyeon-shi..” Seohyun said “and if you want to talk, I will listen..” she added “that’s how conversation works..”

Hyoyeon sighed “..are you done?”

“Do you have something to ask?” Seohyun asked, a smile made its way to her face after the blonde finally responding her words.

“..no.. I understand..” Hyoyeon said “now, can you give me back my-..”

“Good..” Seohyun cut, having a satisfied smile on her face “and so, let’s talk about what we’re going to do about this study partner..”

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes in disbelief, listening Seohyun’s exited explanation about their study plan. And seriously, who the hell is that excited about studying... just what the hell she got herself into..

 

“..Sooyoung..” and for the forth times, Yoona finally giving up on calling her study partner. Instead, with both arms folded on the table, Yoona moved closer to the tall brunette.

Sooyoung still wears her headset and her eyes glued on her busy hand. She is sketching something.

Yoona is close enough that her shoulder almost touches Sooyoung’s, when her eyes find where Sooyoung’s eyes falling to.

Yoona is drowning into that picture on the book. It’s beautiful.

“..that’s rude..”

“Hmm?” Yoona’s brows creased when she pulled back on her seat.

“..peeking is rude..” Sooyoung said as she closed her sketch book, pulling out both her headset from her ears as she put it on the table and leaned on her seat.

“Excuse me..” Yoona scoffed, rolling her eyes disbelievingly “..maybe I won’t need to do that if you turn to me in like—my forth calls?” she said sarcastically.

“Or you can just call me properly..” she said “you can just pull that out..” Sooyoung added, pointing on the table with her chin.

“That’s my way on being polite..”

“..or just taking a chance in some kind of situation..”

“Excuse me?” Yoona said disbelievingly “and why should I do that? you’re not even an artist or something..”

“..whatever..” Sooyoung mumbled, earning another scoff from the other girl.

“I must be so unlucky to have you as my study partner..”

“I believe you’re not in the place to say that, Im Yoona..” Sooyoung said, her eyes meeting Yoona’s coldly “because we both know, you need me more than I do need you..”

“What make you think so?” Yoona met Sooyoung’s eyes challengingly.

“Where do you want me to start?” Sooyoung smirked “because for sure, I do have plenty of them..”

“Just because my scores are low, and so does my grade, doesn’t mean I am stupid..”

“And you better proof your words..”

“You don’t need to tell me that..”

“So, we don’t really need this study partner, right?”

Yoona got silent for seconds when she finally escapes a scoff “are you kidding me?” she smirked, leaning closer to Sooyoung’s face, and the tall brunette doesn’t even pull back and letting Yoona reduced the gap between them “..i will make sure, to make your life.. living a hell..” she whispered.

But instead of pulling back, Sooyoung leaned closer and left that seriously small distance in between them, where they can even feel their breath hitting each other’s face “..you better be careful with your words..” Sooyoung smirked “..because for sure, you have no idea who you’re playing with..”

 

Yuri eyed all her students each in turn, looking at them having their ‘small chat’ with their new partner..

This is going to be okay.. right? it will, right? sure, it will… right?

And that’s what Yuri keep reassuring herself.. over and over again..

But the hell, judging from how her small amount but overly stubborn students stared at each other, having their so called closer conversation, and studying her students expressions..

Why does she have a bad feeling about this?