chap 1

A Beautiful Reality

Yuri is standing in front of the school she supposed to work at. She is staring at the popular school in the korea right now. Amused, of course. It feels like dreaming that she is accepted to work as a teacher there. Excitement is written all over her face. She felt like she can’t wait to start teaching there, to know her new students, and of course for her it would be really exciting.

It is the best school in Korea, SM High School. A school that known all over the country. A school that every students dream of. A school that not every student can get into easily. A school that populated by student from rich families, some spoiled kids, or a definitely really smart student. A definitely well known school for their best education and facilitation.

A lot of students can be seen walking into the school. Girls, boys, alone, or even in groups are walking through her. She can she that most of them comes from a wealthy family. She knows from the way they are walking, she knows from every little things that glued on their body, or from the topic they are all talking about, and simply from the way they looked at other students.

Yuri has been dreaming to become a teacher since she was a child. Her father was a teacher and she loves her father so much. She always thinks that her father would make the best teacher in the world. That is her reason why she wants to become a teacher. She wants to become just like her father. And working in the same school that her father once worked at absolutely is an honor for her.

She wants to continue her father’s journey. Since her father passed away two years ago from illness, she always told herself to continue her father’s dream. She wants to be the best teacher for her students just like her father. She wants to help her student to achieve their dreams. She wants to teach her student just like how her father taught her. She wants to make her father proud.

She release an excited sigh “this is it…” she mumble slowly, a hint of excitement can be heard there. “finally, I can achieve my dream..” she smiled, proudly. “yuri.. fighting..” she gave herself a cheer before walking through the big gate passing the big yard. There are some various fields there, maybe used for football game, basketball, tennis and else.

She is supposed to meet the school principal right now. So, she is walking to the teacher’s area in the first floor, looking left and right to make sure she doesn’t miss a room. She can see some big classroom when she passed, some lab room, maybe for science or language subject. After about 15 minutes of walking, she spotted a room with a small “Principal Office” board hanging above the door’s bar.

“Come in…” she heard a male voice from inside the room after a few knocks. She opened the door and revealed a man who is sitting there.

The principal office is quite large and capacious. There is a big table and chair in front of the window, and two other chairs in front of the other side of the table. There are two big cabinets, one of them full of trophies and medals, and the other one full of papers, books, and documents. There is a set of sofa and a small table for guests in the corner of the room beside the door. There is a door beside the cabinet, and it seems it just a restroom, and a bowl sink beside the door. And everything arranged neatly.

“Good morning, Mr. Jung…” she greeted him. He looks busy doing something, writing something in the paper on his table. Hearing an unfamiliar voice, he lifts his head and looking at the figure who just come in.

Yuri studied his figure. He seems on his twentieth. Maybe he is around 25 to 29. He wears glasses which actually looks good on him. It makes him seems highly educated. He has white skin, pointed nose, sharp eyes, broad shoulder and a perfect figure for a man.

“Oh, can I help you?” he said while straightening his back.

“Ohh.. I’m the new teacher” yuri come closer “my name is Kwon yuri” she said while lifting her hand.

“Ah.. yeah.. sorry, I forgot that a new teacher will come today..” He smile while stand up and reaching yuri’s hand for a handshake. “Jung Yunho..”

“Oh, he has a nice smile too..” yuri thought “I think he even can be a model..”

“Take a seat.” He said, still smiling while asking the latter to sit on the chair in front of his table.

Yuri is just smiling back and sitting in front of him.

“So, you are the new teacher?” he asked the latter to make sure. And yuri only nodded her head.

“Well, I’ll be telling you some basic information you should know and about what will you do here.” He said calmly.

“First, I believe you already read our regulations book for teacher which we already sent to you.” yuri just nodded.

“It would tell you what things you as a teacher can do, and what’s not. You can see some information about this school to, and about this school map.”

“Okay, Mr. Jung..” yuri said politely.

“There is a lot of teachers in the teacher’s room, and you can get to know each other later. I will just tell you some teacher that you have to remember because I know you’ll need them.” He smiled

“There is a counseling room here, for teachers and students. The teacher who is responsible for that is Kwon Boa. So, if you ever get some problems, just go to her, you know.. for doing some counseling. Or if your student get into troubles or cause any problems, you can tell them to go there. and, trust me.. you’ll meet her and need her a lot.”

“There is a school clinic beside the counseling room. Well, just in case you need it, the teacher who is responsible for it is Park Jungah. She is the doctor for this school.”

He seems to think for a while before added “well, I think it enough for the teacher. You can ask me if you need to know someone.”

“Okay.. Mr.Jung..” even thought she is dying to know what he means, she still answered politely. “why would I need to know the school’s doctor. And even a counseling teacher. This is just my first day, and he said I will need them?” her mind wondering

Then, he bended his body a little and opened his drawer, for some minutes he seems looking for something. He then took a blue map from the drawer and hand it to yuri.

“This is your students information. I think you should take a look at this. And you can have it. Every teacher here has this kind of map about their student. Well, every teacher who is responsible for a class.”

“I will just being honest with you.” he paused for a while, trying to think the best explanation for the new teacher, while yuri just wondering about what will he says next.

“even though you’re a new teacher, you’ll be responsible for a class.” He smiled “a special class…” he added.

“There will be only 8 students on your class. And their information is in your hands.” He sighs.

"responsible for a class? and eight student?" Yuri gives her questionable look. First, she is a new teacher here and already responsible for a class. And second, isn't it weird that there are only eight students in a class?

“Let’s put it like this, that class, has some student who every teacher is give up to teach. Some of them are just too ignorant and doesn’t even pay any attention. Some of them seldom come to school, which their attendance is even less than their absent. Some of them cause too much trouble and problems. Some of them are often involved in any kind of violence, inside and outside school. Some of them often come to school injured, either for fighting, and else. We don’t even know the reason, because they refuse to talk. They prefer getting punishment.” He explains after seeing the confused teacher.

He release a heavy sighs before continue “we often got report from outsider that they involved in some issues. They are simply troubles.” He looked at her worried expression, then added “But there are some of them who are okay.”

“I mean, there is some of them who I think can help you. I even put the school’s presidents there. And another student who will do a great job to help you. There will be two out of eight students who are different. We hope, with doing this the bad one can simply learn from the good one. And if you want to remember their name, they are Kim Taeyeon, the school’s president and Seo Juhyun, she is one of the student who win a lot of competition for this school.”

“I don’t know whatever this will make you fell better or not, but to make it simple, your class has the best students and the worst.”

Yuri can only sighs silently “Good.. my first day, and I am responsible for this class.” she eyed the principal “Just what is he think?”

“Well, since I’m a new teacher here..” yuri staring at him “Why do you give me this class to handle?”

“Honestly, to tell you the truth, none of our teachers want to take this class.” he let another sighs escape his lips. He eyed the new teacher before added “And, I know your father. He is one of the best teacher who ever teaching here.”

Yuri seems surprised to hear that. She seems excited to hear the mentioned of her father. Her role figure in her life.

“I give this class for you to handle, because I believe you can do better, just like your father. He had been a good teacher here, and I believe that you are just as good as him to handle something like this.” He smile, while yuri just give him a nod.

“Can I know why you separate them from other student?” yuri asked carefully “I mean, why you don’t let them mixed with other students?” she eyed the principal.

“We can’t. We had just tried it for their first and second grade, but it affects other students too much. Their bad attitude is too hard to handle for their teacher. Some of them don’t even bother to listen. They don’t even care. And some teacher actually doesn’t really care because the hardest to handle sometimes the best in academic. You know, maybe because they think they don’t really need that, they just doing whatever they want.”

“Some of them, even when they are not really good in academic, they are from a rich family which eventually have a powerful parents. Like there is one who is the part of this school institute, some owned company here and there, some donating and taking care of school facilities, and else”

“Even when we mixed them in different classes, it’s still not working. Other students start to imitate their bad behavior. But luckily, we can still prevent them to go any further. And we still can handle them.”

“They never listened to any teacher. They just like rebelling so much. That’s why, for their third grade, I decided to put them on one class, so they won’t give any bad examples for others students.”

The principal stopped, and looking at the new teacher who seems trying to process all of the information she just listened. “Do you have any question?” he asked her.

Yuri just shakes her head lightly. She doesn’t really sure what to ask. She haven’t even see her students yet.

“Good.. you can asks me anytime you want. And if you need more information, you can look at the map I just gave you or asking some teacher who had taught them before.” He smiled before added “and now, you can go to you class and meet you student. You know, get to know each other…”

Yuri just nodded lightly and stand up from her seat and walking out from the principal’s office. But before she closed the door, she can hear the principal wishes her a good luck and yuri just give a thank you as an anwer.

“Yeah.. But I think, I need more than just a good luck wishes” she mumbled silently while walking to her class.

She is standing in front of her class. A small “Class 3A” board hanging above the door’s bar.

“Yuri, you will just do fine..” she whisper softly before open the class door.