chap 3

A Beautiful Reality

One week already passed, and yuri haven’t meet the counseling teacher yet. She felt like she can get any kind of depression sooner. She is trying her best to do everything she can, but nothing seems to work out really well. She has been doing everything she can, but they are all just too ignorant. Even if they do pay attention to her, it seems like it would be only last for minutes and then they will busy doing their own things.

Yuri has been looking for the counseling teacher all over the week. But it seems she hasn’t come into the school yet. She has been asking other teachers, and they said that the counseling teacher will just come in few days. And for yuri, days seems like years, and it obviously too long for her. But what can she does. It’s not like she has any other options.

Yuri is just sitting in the teacher’s office. That room dominated in white and cream colour. There are a lot of tables and chairs for teachers arranged in every side, some arranged horizontally, some vertically, but still arranged neatly. There is a little bit large table for vice principal, mr.shim he is responsible for checking on the teachers, weather they did their responsibility or not.

Yuri doesn’t have teaching schedule now, so she is just sitting there, and thinking about another method to teach her ignorant students. And just remember that she has teaching schedule later at that class already giving her headache.

Meanwhile, the teacher’s office is really quite this time. It is class hours and most of the teachers seem to be in some classes, teaching. Some of the teacher there are just reading the newspaper, or drinking coffee and tea, and some just simply sitting there while waiting for their teaching hours, chatting.

Yuri took some glance at every teacher there. She had known some of them. There is park kahi, the dance teacher. She had her headset on while maybe doing some report about her students. She rarely talks, and she looks kinda arrogant. But she is actually one of the good teachers there. Not like some others teachers who like talking bad about her students. She never complain about her students.

Another kind teachers sitting there is the art teacher, son dambi. Unlike the dance teacher, Dambi is even more friendly to others. She smiles often and talks more than kahi. And the most important thing is she never said any bad things about her student either.

There is a music teacher, dana. She has a short black hair. Yuri actually thinks that she is a student in their first meeting. And there is eunhye, the theater teacher. They’re sitting there, chatting while chuckling once a while. And just like dambi and kahi, yuri never heard both of them talking bad about her students.

When of course, there is some of the teachers who keep complaining about her students behavior. It’s not like she can handle it right away, so sometimes she just gives a smile while listening to all their stories about her student bad behavior.

In other hand, there are some of the teachers who are not really talking about her students. But that teacher definitely favor only some of her students, which none others than kim taeyeon and seo juhyun. She can see it from their obvious treatment to her students. Which they treat the bad one invisible.

Just when she drowned in her deep thought about her students, a male worker came closer to her. He is one of the workers from school student affair division, which responsible for taking care about any report from outsider, students, teachers, parents, and taking care about students stuff.

“Excuse me..” the male worker said “are you miss kwon yuri?”

“Oh.. yeah..” yuri startled a little “can I help you?” she asked politely.

“Oh, I just have to give you this..” he said while handed the tall tanned woman two white envelopes.

“Oh, thank you..” she smiled a little, wondering what did she get.

“You’re welcome miss..” he bowed slightly before leaving the teacher’s office.

Just when she was about to open the letter, a voice draw her attention and made her looking at the direction.

“It’s just your second week, and your student already giving you presents..” he said, smirking. He is a teacher who is just teaching in first and second grade.

“Sorry?” yuri asked politely, her brows furrowed. Their conversation seems to draw another teacher attention.

“Well, just prepare yourself.” Another teacher voiced. “You’ll get that a lot in the future..” she said, chuckled a little.

And, since yuri doesn’t even understand a word from the teachers, she only gave a slight smile. And as usual, she is doing that just to be polite. She doesn’t really like the two teachers anyway. They’re two of the teachers who ever talk bad about her students. They like talking about their bad behavior when they taught them once in lower grade.

She opened the letter and read it content, which after a surprised look showed on her face, all she can does is just keep releasing a heavy breath and sighing. She eyed the other teacher expression which some of the obviously glued to her. Before she read another letter with a little more calm expression, since the second letter is more or less just like the first one.

Oh gosh.. What the hell are these students do?” she sighs.

“Can they even give me a little bit longer to adjust being their home-teacher?” yuri mumble silently “and it’s two student at once..”

“Great.. My second weeks, and two troubles already…” she leaned her back at her seat, released a heavy breath.

“I wonder if I can handle this..” she mumbled softly.

-----

 

Yuri come into her class half heartily, only to be greeted by two empty seats.

“Good.. Second week, and the students already take their absent..” she sighs.

She looks at the empty seats. Even without thinking too much, she already knows who the students are. Well, there are only eight students. And she even already remembers their name after their first meeting.

“Do choi sooyoung and lee sunny give any information or do you get any news about them?” she looked at kim taeyeon, the class president.

Since there are none of them who want to become the class president, kim taeyeon who is already the school president selected to become the class president. And of course yuri is the one who choose it. She wouldn’t bet her class by making some of the troublemaker one to become the class president.

“No, mam..” taeyeon smiled slightly while shaking her head.

“Do anyone know where choi sooyoung and lee sunny are?” she asked. Thinking that maybe there is someone who is closer enough to the two figures who absent. And know where these two absent students. But all she gets is a totally silent class.

“Does anyone know why these two didn’t come today?” she gives another question, but only answered with the same answer, none.

forget it…” she mumbled silently, trying to restrain herself from cursing. She has to stop herself from mumbling or she could accidentally teach her students some bad words. Even if she is definitely sure, that some of her students maybe know more than her, you know, that bad words.

“Okay.. let’s start our class..”

-----

 

Yuri has been standing in front of her class for two straight hours already. She keeps talking and trying to find a way to make her students looking at her. Since she is the home-teacher for that class, she is teaching the most subject there. So, she is teaching English, history, and Korean. Besides, she will replace the other teacher to teach another subject when that teacher sick or absent for some matters. And that will make her meeting her beloved students a lot.

Her class almost finished. But almost all of her students have their own business to do. None of them paying attention long enough, except that two student, kim taeyeon and seo juhyun. She has been talking and explaining but the words she says the most is ‘class… attention please..”. That sentence even might take most of her class hour. But at least there are still the two persons who are listening to her.

Rringgg…….

And that’s it. The voice that all of the students dying to hear since they take their first step to school. That’s the school’s bell, which indicating the most favorite time for them. It’s either break time, or school end time. But of course, they prefer school end time.

“Okay class..” yuri said “Good bye and see you tomorrow..” she gave a smile.

Even thought nobody seems to hear her voice, since everybody excitedly packing their stuff and belonging. They just too busy to pay any attention.

“Oh yeah..” yuri staring at one of her student. “Tiffany, can you please stay for a while?” she made sure the latter saw her. While tiffany just stop from packing her stuff and listened to her teacher.

 “I need to talk to you..” yuri added which make the latter released a heavy sigh.

Yuri is just sitting on her seats, waiting after all of the students going out from the class, leaving her and tiffany who is sitting lazily alone.

Yuri stole a glance at tiffany. She eyed the girl before walking closer to her. She dragged her chair and sitting in front of the latter.

“So, do you know what I am about to talking to you?” yuri stared at the latter.

“Nope..” tiffany leaned her back to her seat and her hand folded in front of her chest. “Care to tell me?” tiffany asked lazily. Well, tiffany is not really a bad student, but she is not a good one too. She just likes causing troubles.

“I’ve got two letters this morning..” she paused and stared into the latter eyes. “And one of them, Is actually a report about your behavior.” She sighs, obviously annoyed with the latter behavior.

“And?” tiffany shot another question.

“A high school students, isn’t allowed to smoke and drink alcohol.” She glared at the latter “but you, tiffany hwang, found out drinking and smoking with some of your friends, and you even still wearing your school uniform!!”

“And what does it done to you?” she asked, leaning closer.

Yuri leans closer to the latter. Her behavior really pissed her of. “Just because your father is one of the biggest donator for this school..” she paused “That doesn’t make you have a higher authority on me.”

She stared into her eyes before continuing “So, you better watch your words and your behavior, tiffany hwang.” Yuri glared “inside and outside school..”

Yuri doesn’t bother to broke her stare “And since this is your first breach, I will let it go.” She added “But next time I won’t let you go easily, tiffany hwang..”

There is a moment of silent, before a curve appear on tiffany face, smirking. “Let’s see..” Tiffany scoffed. Then she left the pissed yuri alone.

“Oh gosh.. all this time, what does this school had taught them?” she mumbled “What did the other teachers do? Even letting them all behaved like this…”

“What the hell wrong with them” she kept mumbling, obviously still annoyed, While packing her stuff and walking out from the class.

Just then, she bumped into another person who is walking from the other side.

“Oh.. God.. I’m really sorry..” yuri apologized while picking her stuff on the floor.

“Oh, it’s okay. It is my fault too.” The woman smiled “I was careless..” She is tall, with a beautiful smile. She has a black wavy hair. And yuri never saw her face before.

Yuri let out a small chuckle. “yeah… me too..”

“Oh.. I don’t think I have seen you before..” the woman suddenly said.

“Oh, yeah.. I am a new teacher.” Yuri smiled “this is my second week, and I don’t really know about all this school teachers, students, and worker.”

“Oh, so.. You’re the new teacher who has been talked about..” she smiled back “the new teacher who responsible for the special class…” she stared at yuri for a while before lifted her hand “kwon boa..”