V Le Pape

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

     The Pope/Le Pape:

In this way, the Hierophant is like Freud’s superego. It shapes us, sometimes brutally. This shaping is necessary for us to become who we are. Sometimes, it’s merely the replication of historic cruelties. Freud theorized at one point that the superego is an internalization of one's parents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5

Le Pape

 

You'll taste darkness

before you know it.

 

 

    Park Chanyeol

We were absolutely out of breath when we returned to our hideout, the classroom. Most of them were asleep; a thing we should be doing right now as well. Yong Guk and Mr. Byun were whispering to each other and stopped when we walked inside.

Yong Guk spurted to Yuri and grabbed her by the shoulders. “Don’t. Ever. Do. That. Again.” he was seconds away from having some kind of attack; but Yuri managed to keep him calm. He returned back to normal while I took a seat at my desk. Sitting here felt strange.

Mr. Byun walked towards me and placed his hands on the soft wood. “Where have you guys been? I said we should stick together, you know. We were going to do things my way.”

“I know, I know.” I said softly. “I got dragged into it.”

The others, Amber, Yoonhye, Henry, Zelo and Chen had woken up as well. They approached us and listened to what Yuri had to say about the others.

“They have gone bonkers!” Henry shouted and was silenced by Yong Guk.

“Just be quiet. Maybe they’re spying on us as well.” his low voice brought us all to silence, until Yoonhye stepped forward.

“Euh, guys?” she timidly said. “I just…I think…I think that Yesung is my buddy.”

“What?” Yuri said surprisedly. “How do you know who’s your buddy? I thought it was like all about riddles and stuff. Show us your card, then.”

Yoonhye’s trembling hands pushed the card in Yuri’s. All it took was one look for her to give it back. She grunted. “Yeah, he is your buddy.”

“What do you mean?” Henry read the card now and had to hide his nervous laugh. “Oh, God. ert. That is him, indeed.”

“So what do I do?” she sobbed. “They’re going to kill him and then I will get killed too. Just like Noeul!”

“We will all die at this rate.” Yong Guk said. “We don’t have any food to eat and those punks are hiding out at the cafeteria. They have access to food and water.”

“So what are you suggesting? That we should steal their food and Yesung? That’s crazy! They have turned rogue; we can’t get to them.” Mr. Byun was panicking.

“Sure we can, we just have to be…clever.” I suddenly said. Yuri looked at me and grinned. She obviously liked where this was going. I didn’t talk that much, but this was indeed very important. If they had food, we needed to get there.

I didn’t care about Yesung and Yoonhye. She had to deal with that herself. I had my own buddy to take care of. Liar. Everyone could be a liar. Then who was this? Someone who constantly lied? This was confusing. I couldn’t make any assumptions.

“What if you’re buddy is the wolf?” Amber decided to jump into this argument as well. “That s up everything.” she rubbed across her forehead and bit on her lip. “I just want to go home. I’m tired. I can’t sleep here.”

“Just listen. We need to lure them out of the cafeteria. You can get access to it by three doors. If they’re smart enough- they’ll guard it. We only went to the kitchen and there was not a single thing to eat anyway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter