IV L'Empéreur

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

     The Emperor/L'Empéreur:

The Emperor sits on his throne, holding a scepter, accompanied by the heraldic Eagle of the Holy Roman Empire. This is usually on his shield though the heraldic eagle is sometimes a free-standing statue or live bird. He symbolizes the top of the secular hierarchy, the ultimate male ego. The Emperor is the absolute ruler of the world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

L'Empéreur

 

There is only one rule:

Keep your buddy alive.

 

 

    Park Chanyeol

 

My eyes shot open, heart nearly stopped beating. Where was I? Oh, of course, still trapped inside the classroom. I didn’t know whether it was day- or nighttime, but as humans we needed sleep. I could see how everyone made little beds with coats and chairs.

I coughed and looked up, right into the eyes of the person who had woken me up. “Yuri? What are you doing?” she placed her hand on my mouth and cringed when hearing something down the hallway. It was a howl. The other team, people that followed Heechul and Zhou Mi, were mocking the existence of a wolf again.

“Follow me.” she whispered and grabbed me by the arm. Once we were outside the classroom and closed the door, my heart sunk into the floor.

“What are we doing? You know that Xiumin can mess with this building any time.” I hissed and wanted to turn back. This was tiring.

“Look, I just want to see how they are doing. I don’t trust them.” she pointed down the hallway and frowned. “They will come after us.”

“That doesn’t mean we have to display ourselves on a platter!” I tried keeping my voice down and saw a determined look growing on her face. She was quite aware of her surroundings, Yuri.

“Show me your card. I’ll show mine first. That way we can trust each other, okay? I just want to find my buddy.”

A shiver trailed all the way down my spine. I grabbed the little card that was well hidden in my pocket and trembled. I had almost forgotten that it existed.

“What do you want from us?” my voice trembled, I looked at my peers. They didn’t know what to do. Baekhyun kept his eyes glued on that phone. He realized it too. The sound, Xiumin’s voice didn’t really come out of that phone. It sounded as if he stood right next to us. Strange. Maybe he did.

“Oh, no, I’m not here for an interview, Chanyeol. I called you because, well, I have something to tell you all. I can see the group is already split up. I had expected this to happen in the future, but not this soon.”

“Ah, well, they’re idiots after all.” Henry grinned and got smacked by Yong Guk. Henry seemed to be having something terribly wrong inside his brain. He couldn’t act normal. Always doing stupid things.

“Hello, Henry. Maybe you’re right.” I could hear Xiumin smile. I had never seen him smile in the past.

A deadly silence occurred, a silence Xiumin broke seconds after my heart wanted to stop beating. “I just called you guys to tell you that you have a chance of getting out before the wolf gets you. Just remember that we’re playing by my rules. The rules are very simple.”

Baekhyun stepped back and cringed. He really didn’t want to be here. I could see that he was struggling with keeping himself together. He was our role model and needed to act courageous and brave, even though he wanted to lie down and cry.

“There is a card inside every single one of your bags. Look for them. You’ll find a word that describes a person. To whom that word belongs, that’s something you have to know for yourself. That person will become your buddy.

There is only one rule to this game and it’s a game pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter