ity

Catch Me

 

The sunshine passed through the windows and curtains, bouncing off the plain white walls. It lit the room and warmed the two bodies lying on the bed. Pieces of clothing are scattered across the fluffy floor. One man moves, groaning at the bright light hitting his face. He slowly opens his eyes, immediately regretting it. The sun shown in his eyes and a large headache swept into his head. ‘Agh…Drank too much...’ Yixing slowly makes his way up, taking in his surroundings. ‘Where am I…?’ He blinks once and all he sees is white. He blinks twice, and he sees a man sleeping next to him. The next time he blinks, he realizes he’s next to the man who is also . A name flashes in his mind, ‘Kris.’ Yixing blushes and looks away swiftly. Brown eyes scan the room for his clothes and when he sees them, he quickly moves to grab them. Silently, he puts each article of clothing on, not wanting to wake up the man.

However, his efforts were thrown out the window when he heard a raspy voice call his name. He turned and saw the man sitting up, looking at him in confusion then in surprise. Yixing blushes again when he sees the extremely well-toned body and the sunlight beaming from behind him didn’t help. Quickly, he headed out the door, ignoring the pleas.

“Lay! Wait!”

Curses and stumbles could be heard from the room as Kris tries to get out of bed. He remembers to grab some sweat pants before leaving, but by the time he reaches his front door, the embarrassed, boy is nowhere to be found. He groans, slapping his forehead.

“It’s not what you think, Lay…”

--

The ashamed man ran far, far away. Memories of the previous night flashed in his mind: the break up, the idea to go to a club, the meeting, the dances he had, and one he didn’t want to remember the most, the kiss he shared with the stranger. His fingers touched his bruised lips and Yixing’s thoughts wandered off. He remembered the way they had fought for dominance and how he had lost completely. His eyes widened and he shook his head, trying to rid himself of the memory. He didn’t like the way his heart pounded in his chest whenever he thought of the lanky blond who looked so stunning half …’Nononononono! Stop thinking about it!’ He blushed furiously.

When he finally got home, he noticed a small note taped to the door. Curiously, he walked up to it and nearly choked. It was a note from his ex-boyfriend. He took the note, crumpled it up, uncurled it and ripped it into pieces. Slamming the door open, Yixing ran into his house and threw the destroyed note in the trash. Tears filled his eyes and he could feel his heart breaking again. He grabbed his chest and fell to the floor, his mind filled with regret. ‘He claims to still love me, I should be happy…’ The grip on his shirt tightens. ‘But I’ve already lost my ity… and to a stranger! I’m so stupid…’

He sat there for some time, lost in thought. A knock at his door snapped him out of those negative thoughts and he hesitantly stood at the door. Yixing slowly opened the wooden frame, hoping it was just a delivery man, but it seems the Heavens had other plans for in front of him was none other than the man who broke his heart.

The black haired man smiled when he saw Yixing. Relief filled his eyes and he moved in to hug the man. “Yixing! I’m glad you’re okay.” But the frail boy moved away from upcoming hug. He didn’t look at his former loves eyes. They weren’t his anymore; they fell and belonged to another already.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now.” His voice shook, and he trembled to himself.

“We need to talk over this. Please?” Yixing shook his head and attempted to close the door. A foot blocked his door from closing. He looks up and sees the hurt in the man’s eyes. “Yixing! I didn’t mean what I said yesterday!” The heart-broken man stopped. He looked at his former lover with tears filling his eyes again. The door opened back up and he pushed the other out of the way. After locking his door, he walked off. Surprised, the ex-boyfriend just stood there. He finally remembered what he was supposed to be doing, and chased after Yixing. When he caught up, Yixing didn’t even look his way.

He tried his best to start a conversation with his love, but nothing would get Yixing to talk to him. He apologized and explained everything from the beginning; however, it only made the sad boy even more upset. They reached an area with not very many people around. Fed up with the attitude, Yixing’s ex grabbed his wrists and began yelling at the already upset boy. Yixing, fed up with his ex’s words, yelled back. Their words cut deeply into each other, but neither of them would back down. The man tried to calm down the usually passive Yixing, but to no avail. Their words escalated even more and nothing could take them back to how they were before. Before Yixing could stop himself, he blurted out the words he tried to deny.

“I slept with another guy already!” The last beautiful flower in their world wilted at the secret revealed their world now no longer in spring, but rather in a frozen winter. Any hope that was left of renewing the dying relationship disappeared with those six words. Their eyes widened at the outburst. Yixing covered his mouth and the other just left his mouth open, gaping at his ex.

“…You what?”

Not backing down Yixing looked straight into similar brown ones and repeated, “I slept with someone last night.” His voice was shaky again, but he didn’t care.

“And you blame me for being a cheater?!”

“YOU broke up with ME.”

“That was a spur of the moment thing, Yixing!”

“Spur of the moment my ! You didn’t want me anymore!”

“That doesn’t mean you had to cheat on me!”

“I never cheated on you,” Yixing retorted, his eyes filled with rage. His former boyfriend stopped his words at the claim.

“You… never cheated on me? You slept with another guy!”

The small man clenched his fists and glared at his ex. “We weren’t together when I slept with him! You left me for that man! It’s not cheating if we weren’t together! But when I saw you with that guy, we WERE still together. THAT’S cheating!” Those words left his mouth and he let his anger into them. These were his thoughts, his beliefs. He was allowed to be with whoever he wanted because they weren’t together.

“Sleeping with a guy you just met for a few hours and not sleeping with me even though I’ve known you for two years? I thought you were better than that Yixing!”

Yixing was taken back. He never thought he’d say something like that. He thought this man would understand why, but it doesn’t seem he’ll see things the way Yixing does. “I thought the same thing too,” he whispers. The slightly taller man waited for the continuation. “I thought you’d wait for me. I thought you’d understand why! I trusted you, but you threw it away! I thought you were better than that too!” His words cut the thick air like a sword on trees. His words held truth to them; he had been betrayed and in return he too betrayed. “And you know what else? I don’t regret it.” He looked away then back to those eyes that he used to love. “We’re over. And we’ve been over the moment you decided to cheat.”

With that, Yixing took his leave. He turned and walked away, holding his tears in. His heart clenched but he ignored it. ‘It’s best to leave now.’ He could hear his name being called again, but like he’s done before, he ignored it. Yixing pushed that voice away from his mind, his memories, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get that voice out of his head. The brunette looked for a way to forget it all, but everything he could come up with always led back to that guy.

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

HA. HAHA. HAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHA. Guys I can't write . I'm sorry I failed you forgive me qq; this story kind of focus' more on the breakup part of a relationship;; Since it seems I'm really good at writing angst e-e;. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'll update again tomorrow~ Remember, comments and critisism are much appreiciated <3